Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can we eat so much?! page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

How can we eat so much?!

Shop Now
    If food takes around 24-36 hours to enter and leave the digestive system, how can we eat so much?!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Iunno.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    i was wondering the same thing the other day. hmmm
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    It's a rotating schedule.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    poo?

lolawolf is offline Member
    *Glare*
    not sure if trolling
    or forgetting about 25-28ft of intestine
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    'no i can't eat any more guys, i ate 3 days ago and i'm STILL stuffed'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    im not trolling, and i know how long the intestine is, but when I say "so much" I mean alot. I'm a skinny guy trying to gain weight, and since ive been working out, I can tell you in one of my best days I've eaten like 5000 calories, which is a ridiculous amount of food. I mean, even for 25 feet. I understand that if theres too much food coming in, the large intestine begins watering down the rest of the food quickly, and excretes it as diarreah, but still think about how much some people eat daily, for the "hard gainers" eating 3000+ calories a day, thats a lot of food

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    This is a rough explanation of how the digestive system works: food is broken down in the mouth by your teeth and the enzymes produced by saliva. This makes your large quantity of food a hell of a lot easier for your stomach to digest. The bolus (ball) of chewed/partially digested food travels down to your stomach where it is further broken down by stomach acid (which is nasty, nasty stuff, acidic as hell, which is why acid reflux feels so painful).

Your gigantic hunk of steak becomes a lot smaller and easier to digest after it reaches this stage. Digesting a whole unchewed steak is no fun for your stomach and will take a hell of a long time. By this time, your steak's probably unrecognizable mush. It travels down the upper, middle, and lower intestines, where nutrients gets absorbed, water gets removed, and any indigestible waste will become poop. Food contains water, too. Keep in mind that water is being leeched out of your poop the further it travels and remains in your intestines and colon, until it becomes solid waste that passes through as fecal matter.

The speed of your digestive system also increases with the amount of food that's contained in your stomach. The fuller your stomach is, the harder your digestive system will work to get that shit (no pun intended) traveling down your intestines and digested. It's pretty efficient. Actually, the human body is amazingly efficient, it's a finely-tuned machine thanks to evolution, so there's really no need to stress about what it's doing naturally behind the scenes, unless something is going badly.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Great explanation. I have noticed that lately, I am not chewing my food as well. I have been IFing since Thursday (Wed. after dinner I guess) and sometimes I catch myself barely having chewed before I swallow and take my next bite. I have also found that I am not going to the bathroom like I should. I have gone, but just not what I was expecting, not like after my first cup of BP coffee. So this might not be all of it, but maybe part of it. Just chew more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast