Thread: Nausea page

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Nausea

Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure what is wrong with me today, but I'm very nauseated. I had 1 1/2 servings of dark chocolate last night with some coco manna, maybe that was too much for my body to tolerate now? I felt hungover this morning and my stomach has been churning all day.

The only thing that sounds good is some crackers, lol! What is Primal friendly that might help my nausea?

Ellement is offline Member
    Ginger is good for nausea. If you have fresh ginger, pop a few slices in a pot of boiling water for a few mins to make a delicious cup of tea, could be sweetened with a little raw honey if you have it but I prefer mine unsweetened.

Hope you feel better soon

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed on Primal that eating too much of a good thing can make me nauseous. For me, sipping ice water often helps if the problem is overindulgence. Too much coffee, tea, dark chocolate, or coconut oil can really set me off, so I have to watch my serving sizes like a hawk.

Last year though, I was having repeated bouts of nausea and didn't think it was serious. I was wrong. Turns out it was one of the first symptoms of a dangerous abdominal infection and I should have seen the doctor sooner - as it was, I ended up in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery! So... If nausea gets worse or doesn't go away, please see a doctor.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Thank you ladies! I haven't had anything to eat since about 3:00 yesterday (ate some berries and an apple) and I'm still not hungry this morning. I will hold off on the food today until my body is ready to eat. It could have been a little bug too, because one of my baby girls threw up a little in her bed on Friday night.

Spubba, what caused the infection? That sounds terrible!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate makes me feel like crap now. Sadface. But I eat it anyway. Not often. Infrequently enough to forget how it makes me feel until the next time I indulge. Oops.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Could be a bug. I had one last week that lasted for about 48 hours. Nausea lasted about 8 hours and tiredness, body aches, chills alternating with overheating the rest of the time.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Thank you ladies! I haven't had anything to eat since about 3:00 yesterday (ate some berries and an apple) and I'm still not hungry this morning. I will hold off on the food today until my body is ready to eat. It could have been a little bug too, because one of my baby girls threw up a little in her bed on Friday night.

Spubba, what caused the infection? That sounds terrible!
    Abscesses from an earlier illness that I THOUGHT was gone, flared back up on me and I ended up with an abdomen full of pus and the infection spread all over the place. Wow, the pain! I waited until I was gravely ill before seeking treatment. (Protip: Don't do that.) I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery. Everything turned out fine, but the recovery took forever and I have scars on my stomach that looks like I got into a fight with a chainsaw because they cut me open in such a hurry.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I'm not sure what is wrong with me today, but I'm very nauseated. I had 1 1/2 servings of dark chocolate last night with some coco manna, maybe that was too much for my body to tolerate now? I felt hungover this morning and my stomach has been churning all day.

The only thing that sounds good is some crackers, lol! What is Primal friendly that might help my nausea?
    How about carbs? I'd get nauseous on LC all the time. If you want crackers, then it could just be your body wants something starchy. You should oblige imo.

lolo66 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It could be low stomach acid? I'm currently taking HCL acid to bump up my stomach acid, mine's low due to having candida. Other symptoms for this are heartburn and the feeling that food is sitting in your stomach for too long.

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html