Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the cavewitch's primal journal/journey page 2

cavewitch is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

mmm...slept in today. then, had the biggest yogurt craving. SO....full fat greek smothered in blueberries, raw cocoa nibs and chia seeds. my toes curl in pleasure just thinking about it!

then.....drumroll...i discovered garlic chips. WHOLE CLOVES OF GARLIC fried. i will NEVER get kissed again, but they make it almost worth it.

two squares of dark chocolate with ginger and wasabi.

late lunch/early dinner: slaw with super thin sliced kumquat and granny smith apples with a couple spoonfuls of guacamole and some smoked turkey breast.

had a kombucha with greens and then some coconut ice cream sweetened with agave.

worked steady and slow this morning. got 4 rose bushes in and cleared out a patch for herbs. took a nice nap and then went to work at the health food store.

i hear you about napping in the sun. there is nothing more decadent and lovely.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Oh wow... that yogurt sounds divine! I wish yogurt didn't give me bubble guts. Maybe if I tried home-made, raw or something. Where do you get your cocoa nibs and what are chia seeds like? I used to love mixing pomegranate seeds in my yogurt, and raisins and apples.

Garlic chips eh? Sounds delicious. I'm having this craving for roasted garlic, but don't have any in the house. My parents' neighbor always gives them a bushel basket of garlic at the end of the harvest. I'm hoping to get a share this year.

No napping in the sun today. Chilly and grey out there. Ugh.

chia seeds are so awesome. they are such a phenom. source of omega 3. you should be able to find them at your health food store. they can be soaked in a little water and used as an egg substitute...although why would you want to, right?

and the yogurt was divine. the cocoa nibs are from the health food store where i work. you should be able to find some.

a whole bushel basket of garlic? o.m.goddess. yeah, baby, yeah!

SO:

second no electronics day a great success.

i actually treated myself to a spa day sunday. i've been working SO physically hard, the massage was so awesome. i had the same yogurt extravaganza for breakfast but had cherries instead of blueberries. for the second meal of the day, we roasted sausages over the fireplace. i ate them with pork rinds and guacamole, more garlic chips, and plenty of saurkraut, relish, horseradish mustard and some ketchup. polished off some chocolate afterwards. i also drank a belgian lambic. YUM. and made some "soda" with sparkling water and elderberry juice.

today, hmmm...breakfast was a handful of curry cashew nuts and some blackberry kefir.

i had a kombucha. then......oh, the humanity! a burger from...mcdonalds. i haven't eaten there in a VERY long time. i blame it on my lack of time and planning today.

interestingly enough, about 30-45 minutes after consumption, i had a crushing wave of depression hit me. SO WEIRD!

then, a small slice of crustless lime cheesecake.

later, some waldorf chicken salad (okay...i'm a little obsessed) and a handful of dark chocolate covered cashews.

i shoveled and lugged and dumped several wheelbarrows full of compost and dirt to prepare my first garden bed this afternoon when i got home.

i'm posting before i'm done eating today, i think. i just got a little hungry. maybe some more pork rinds and guac?

and OH...diana. i can only do yogurt in the dairy family. (well, and kefir) dairy has to be fermented. does even the plain, full fat bug your gut?

Chia seeds are on my shopping list for next time I go to the Co-Op in Ithaca. Gonna check my local Wegmans first and see what their price is.

Minus the burger, your food all sounds wonderfully yummy. Especially the cheesecake. *drool*

I can't wait to get out and garden. I'm living vicariously through you right now- lol.

Dairy is funny for me. Ice cream, milk and yogurt all give me bubble guts. I can do hard cheeses and butter. Cream cheese, ricotta and softer cheeses are somewhere in the middle. I tolerate them. I think I'll try making some yogurt out of raw goats milk this spring. Even the goats milk made me gurgle, but maybe if I make it into yogurt it'll be ok. Otherwise, I'm going to attempt making cheese out of it.

So do you brew your own kombucha too?

i had a shit week last week. i just wallowed in my own self-pity and sadness. relationships gone awry really suck.

so last week was a blur of cupcakes and soda and pizza and fast food. of course, one of the side effects of this type of diet is increased depression for me. sugar and i REALLY don't agree. what is it about being so angry and sad that makes me want to hurt myself instead of the person that i'm angry at? i really feel so guilty if i hurt anyone by my actions.

augh!

anyway, i tried to get back on the primal train today.

so, this morning had a green smoothie and some curry cashews and tamari almonds. had a double shot of espresso with cream and honey. i also had my oatstraw infusion.

later, i had waldorf chicken salad with asian slaw and three little blueberry/chocolate/raw honey thingies from one of my favorite little restaurants.

i polished off some fries that my son couldn't. i had my comfrey mint infusion.

i wore my vibrams all day. i love love love those shoes!

i planted a couple creeping junipers, a few ferns, and some basil.

i feel so sad. it's hard to break that cycle of being sad and wanting to feel comforted and eating "comforting" foods (mac and cheese, ice cream, pizza, cupcakes (wow do i have a thing for cupcakes!) ) which only make me feel worse. i am convinced that that much sugar drives down my mood.

okay...bla bla bla. i was just supposed to be reporting what i ate and did, right?

diana, no i don't brew my own kombucha, but i understand that you sell scobys. as soon as i have the coop built and the chickens squared away, i would love to get one from you.

Sugar depresses me too... well, not having it depresses me. I'm glad to be off that rollercoaster. I hope you're feeling better!

I have plenty of scobys on hand at the moment. With my 30-Day Challenge coming up the brewing is going on hold. I think I'm getting a little kombucha-ed out too. Any time you want one just let me know. I have lots of lovely girls waiting for homes. (LOL OMG, they sound like pets!)

they do sound like pets....i promise to give them a good home.

this is starting to be a conversation between just us isn't it? LOL

okay....

today: bbq pork and ice coffee around 1ish and yogurt with chia seeds and raw honey about an hour ago (it's 10:23 now).

worked in the yard. drove by the exes house twice (not in a weird stalk-y way but we live on the same street, 11 blocks apart so i HAVE to drive past his house. augh.

wore the vibrams all day. now that i've accepted that i love them, i will probably wear them everyday. it'll be time to get some prettier ones soon. the black ones are great for winter but will look ever stranger when i stop wearing jeans and start wearing my summer skirts.

i sowed 4 pounds of rye grass this afternoon and i really hope that the birds don't eat the seeds. if they do, i guess i'll be eating a lot of bird.

the sleep portion of PB is evading me lately. tired.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Hey, I'll join in the conversation...

Cavewitch, I have the same problem. When the stress increases, and I feelt lonely, tired, angry, or sad, I get this "I feel so bad I just don't care" 'tude.

Then the party starts, and of course, I feel worse. Besides, the ice cream, pb&j sandwiches, etc. don't really help.

So just know there is someone who understands and is cheering you on for GREAT self-care!

Sooze

coach81 is offline Senior Member

Hey CW! Mind if I join you?

coach81 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well I finished my first Primal day.. and I must say I am feeling great.. Although I did have some weird dreams last night.. is that normal?

On to day two!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast