Thread: Felt bad yesterday - review my journal for suggestions, please? page

Chatty is offline Senior Member

Felt bad yesterday - review my journal for suggestions, please?

Primal Fuel
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52465-3.html

My journal logs the food. Tips would be appreciated.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    If you are sweating more and feeling tired perhaps you are either dehydrated or low in electrolyte minerals or both.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You have probably been too low carb and too low calorie. 1000 calories is very low and you carbs are very low as well.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

I'll work on the water, carbs and calories. I've been trying to get at least 100g protein per day anyway.
    Was sorta afraid of the carbs at first, but maybe I'll up them to at least 50 per day and see what happens.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    I'll work on the water, carbs and calories. I've been trying to get at least 100g protein per day anyway.
    Was sorta afraid of the carbs at first, but maybe I'll up them to at least 50 per day and see what happens.
    50 is still considered VLC, try 75
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    I apologise profusely if this is in your blog and I missed it somehow, but I didn't see any note of your height and lean body mass.

Based off your 100g protein requirement calculation, I assume lean mass is around 145 lbs (65 kg). If this is true (and especially given current total mass) I would say your calorie intake is far too low. It's good you are getting the proper amount of protein in, but you simply aren't consuming enough fuel (fat and carbs); try boosting intake of those.

Fat is key, but don't be afraid of some occasional "primal" carbs in the higher calorie range e.g. sweet potatoes, etc. This forum is a fantastic resource, but I'd risk the opinion that too many on here are too militantly anti-carb (probably because so many of the carbs we encounter are unsuitable i.e. high sugar or are based on large indigestible molecules like gluten).

Apologies for the digression. In summary try reducing your daily calorie deficit to a more manageable level by increasing fat (and some carb) intake. Gradual weight loss is far more feasible (and healthy) than what is effectively crash dieting.

Thanks -- I'll try 75 good carbs, 100g protein and see how things go.
    I've been eating by "hunger signals" and the fat/protein really seems to satisfy me quickly.
    I'll see what the extra carbs offer.
    I'm logging my food to see what I'm actually eating. Yes, once I get things settled in my mind/and body -- I hope to never log food again and eat what I know my body likes...forever.
    I have 45 lbs to lose, then learn to eat to maintain.

I really appreciate the tips/help!

Lost 8.5 lbs in 3 weeks

LBMwk3.png
    Last edited by Chatty; 04-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.