Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Marcie) page 8

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Eating at chili's. it's going to be higher carbs but ill just be over 50 carbs today. I will only do it today. Tomorrow will be a steak

Slept over 10 hours last night! Went shopping and bought coconut sugar, some nuts and other goodies. Thinking of a planned fast. I bought a pair of shoes that I would never have considered before for a wedding. Now I just have to get into that dress! I can't wait to get home and weigh myself)

They put so much stretchy fibres in pants nowadays that I'm not sure if I'm going down or my pants are just 'doing their thing.' Plus size clothes manufacturers have sure figured out how to make women feel better by doing this. False sense of fit.

I actually feel a bit 'skinnier' today except in my neck, my chin feels fat. I'm almost anxious about my food choices, in an excited sort of way (if that makes sense). My planned fast begins tomorrow. I eat tomorrow and fast every other day for a week. At least that is my plan for today. Off to sleep ( and I hope Louis Armstrong doesn't show up in my dreams again tonight (george clooney would have been better)).

A day of fasting is coming to an end. I did have some hunger spikes but nothing unbearable. Had a cup of decaf coffee, next time I won't. Otherwise tea and water.

Ended with a walk with the dogs and my middle son; challenged him to a sprint and he challenged me to a second one. Then I let him drive, he turns 15 soon and will be getting a licence. He was happy. He kind of crashed today(food wise, not the truck) from drinking pop and iced tea and eating pizza during a school event yesterday. His food relationship is horrible and I talked to him about more water, try not to push. When we came back I made him a 'shake', snuck in some protein powder and half and half. He took a bite of a pork chop but didn't like it. Meat is our challenge for my cereal lover.

I am officially at a 30 lb loss. Didn't know if I would fast today but with those results, I will carry through this week. It may be a bit harder as I am at home most of the day. I am getting a load of topsoil so that will get me in the yard this weekend. My plan is to make raised garden beds, onions and garlic can be planted, we still have frosty nights so I'll plant the rest when I get back from my trip. I am mega excited to go, road trip to Sault Ste Marie, maybe even slide over to the states for some shopping. Life is good!

On the way to our walk area we saw a bear and 2 cubs, keep driving, one place closed due to high water, keep driving, a moose and her yearling calf, keep driving, someone in our favorite spot, turn around and pass the moose again and finally there. Do not need my dogs chasing either those fierce beasts (especially with babies).

Today at 220 lbs, I am so happy, 2 years ago I got to 115 on weight watchers and last year on primal made it to 225. Do not want to go back to over 250! No one notices yet but don't seem to until I'm under 220. Maybe they get so used to me going up and down that they don't notice or don't want to say anything. I will wait, it will come. I know my clothes fit better and my spring jacket is actually loose.

Happy mother's day to all the mom's and those that fill that role.

I have returned. I'm at 222 but that is not far off. Time to get on track and go down again!

Trying to get back into things with fasting. Yesterday was good but today I am so tired. I'm not hungry, just tired. I think the stress of the next two weeks is a lot and I hope I can fight off eating chips. I'm not cooking or at home enough to look after yummy meals. So I will be trying to log on here, but some
    Of my go to people are MIA.

The scale was down this morning. Tired but it is from working too much. Another week of long days and then I am taking 4 or 5 days off for a friends wedding. I'll change my ticker on the weekend and hopefully it is down down down. IF helps me and trying to keep the carbs below 20. There are some awesome recipes I want to try but need to be home earlier in order to cook. I'm dying to try the porchetta, makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Went out for lunch but didn't eat the bread and had 2 bites of mashed potato. Who knows what was in the gravy but how bad could it be. Not a chain restaurant so not likely a powdered mix but I could be wrong. It is the only time I have eaten out since I came home from vacation. Fasting day tomorrow. I need to cut back my coffee, not good.

Just enjoying reading the forum. Some people are so knowledgeable and it is great but sometimes things get extremely confrontational. I'm not up for that. Some days are all about just trying to get through life and make the best choices I can. I am so impressed with people who have made incredible progress in a short period of time and I think to myself 'if only I had not fallen off the wagon for 2 weeks, I might be there too'. But it is what it is. I tried fasting all day but just too hungry by 3:00 so ate some chicken thighs. If that holds me ok, but if not I'll eat again. 2 cups of coffee today (one extra large) but better than the rest of the week. These children of mine want to eat fast food, pizza, fries . . . and some days I feel guilty and give in. Work, yard work, demands of others (requests I guess, not really demanding but I feel guilty saying no), housework and family are tough to balance AND make good food choices. Maybe I need a drink! Ugh.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a very nice evening yesterday. I went for coffee with a friend and we ended up shopping. She had lost 50lbs a few years ago but sometimes a bit creeps back on and she said she is back to 207. She tried on the same shirt as me and said 'are you skinnier than me?' Now she wants to get that 15 lbs off but I'm just as motivated as she is! I was so happy with the way things fit but I need to work on my mid-section so did wall push-ups, squats, planking (as best I can) and some kettle bell. I feel stronger and more energetic; positive energy is awesome. Walked dogs today and did some yard work before it rained. Fasting until supper.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast