Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Marcie) page 5

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I notice your love of the garden. So do I! I have a house that is about 3 years old and I did (doing) all the landscaping myself. It's hard work sometimes, but I love it. Love my plants! Love flowers! When my perennial hibiscus get into full bloom, I'll post a photo. So lovely.

I also had a bad eating holiday weekend. Just couldn't seem to get ORGANIZED -- just haphazard eating indeed. Oh well -- remember, it's what we do in the long-run that counts. It averages out. I'm determined to have a good week! Hope you do as well.
    Hugs!

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    I worked over the weekend and my travels took my to the city, way too many challenges for me there. Also had some visitors and bought a cheesecake (guess how that turned out). I have tried to keep busy in the yard in the evenings although tonight is a total loss. I haven't gained but I haven't lost weight. Good news is some pants are sliding low and I have to hike them up once and a while! I wouldn't say I went on a binge, just ate a few things I shouldn't have but today was ok and tomorrow will be better. Old habits die hard! I LOVE cheesecake, guess it is time to search recipes.

Bought a stevia plant and a mortar and pestle to make some extract; see how it turns out. I have also planted tomatoes and some herbs. I think some zucchini would be good too.

Work is tiring me out. Three more weeks and I should be able to take a break. I'm feeling rather blah. Haven't gone for a walk in days; plan on heading to bed soon and up early and out the door. This journal helps me to get back on track. (I hope no English teachers read this, if so, I apologize)

As today progressed I thought more about what I ate over the weekend and a few days prior. A few handfuls of chips here and there, a few slices of pizza, cheesecake and food that I didn't prepare so not sure of ingredients. My insides were a little messed up to say the least and today I finally feel like I have got things back running smoothly. I am so weak for chips and snacky food that is so easy to grab a handful of and justify it because it is 'just a little bit'. I will weigh myself tomorrow as my digestive system feels back on track. I'm also quite tired and I'm sure it is the carbs i threw into my system that are making me lag. Hopefully I will re-energize this weekend. I know that a nice desert is needed (I know that is not true) once and a while but I need a better alternative that won't throw me way off track and feeling so awful. I am only human and I have many years of bad habits to leave behind.

Today was good (food wise), even got in a short morning walk. Have to go back to work, home by 9. Ugh!

Eating a big chunk of smoked pork loin. My son is in love with the smoker and everything for the past few days has been smoked. I could use a break from it but he likes it! I have a batch of chicken wings waiting for me in the fridge to be deep fried. Last time I ate a chicken wings I lost weight so I shall hope for the best. Made some guacamole now need something to dip into it (once again the chips are on my mind). Also found a cheesecake brownie on a paleo site but it calls for some ingredients I don't have. Maybe honey will work. I need some sweets that aren't too sweet. I think the desire to eat is from stress.

How ya doin', Marcie!

I haven't logged food for 2 weeks. Went out of town (tried to eat PB, but who knows what's in restaurant food), got home, had 3 plus lbs, just ate PB for 2 weeks and that weight gone, plus 2 more lbs., also without logging food. I'm wondering if I've finally figured out the food-thing and can fly solo now. Just LOVE this eating lifestyle! 23 lbs. gone now!

Sweets? Fruit, ricotta cheese, Green & Black's 85% organic chocolate (WalMart & Walgreen's).

I have fallen off the wagon in a big way. I am ready to climb aboard again. Primal eating is always in the back of my mind. Some things in life have been resolved. One contract not renewed but others have fallen into place. I continue daily walks with the dogs. My littlest dog, Buttons, was not doing so great and that added stress. He has bilateral luxating patella which basically means his kneecaps are out of joint more often than in! Have him on some meds but surgery, expensive surgery, is the cure. He is only 4.

I am taking my family on an unplanned road trip today. Wherever the road takes us. I hope it refreshes me and gets my head clear so I can start over. I found it interesting that mark's posting was on road trips. I can do this!

Just logging in shows you're on the right track. I don't check in here much anymore either. I quit logging food, but I'm managing to stick with PB and the weight keeps coming off (although more-slowly than when I was logging food). It's a good thing and slow weight loss is better anyway. I figure I'll eat this way forever, so what's the hurry to lose weight (so I can "go off the diet" and gain it all back?) I sure hope not. I hope this time I've found the secret. Yo-yo dieting is for the BIRDS!

Hang in that Marcie -- it will come in time. Hope you had some fun on the trips!

Trips have not happened yet but they will. Working on home renovation projects and I think I am making progress! I think I need to start journalling again to keep myself thinking. Loving summer and don't want to waste a moment of great weather. Barbeque all the time. Yum! No weight lost but no weight gained. I really need a chip/snack alternative. I found sweet potato chips but wonder how they rate. No pop at all since I have started. Small victory.

No pop at all is a great victory. I was a diet Coke addict and gave it up. Sometimes I crave a little "sparkle" or something and drink some sparkling water. Most times it's water/lemon.

I was getting antsy about weight loss (none in 2 weeks) and was thinking about logging food again -- but before I did -- it happened. I dropped a lb. Good deal. I keep winging it without logging food and see how that goes too.

Something about the winter makes me "diet better" than during the summer. Although my garden veggies are very tasty and I've been eating squash, zucchini, tomatoes -- a lot! My 84 year old father has lost 13 lbs. primal! He has heart trouble, walks with a cane and I'm hoping the weight loss will make him feel better -- never mind how much more healthy it is for him.

Well hang in there Marcie -- I'll check with you again next time I fly through!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm back. Just checked the date when I started and it was one year ago! A sign? I think so. I have kept a few good habits but the snacks took over again. I have prepped my food for tomorrow and spent the weekend smoking bison jerky. I need to get back on track and I missed the journaling. I will try to keep up with this process; my oldest son is now beginning to adjust his eating and weight training so there is some support. Here is to new beginnings!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast