Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Marcie) page 3

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    I would love a pond. Thinking of making a little one and a waterfall this summer for just me. Was a nice trip, saw four black bears and scenery was beautiful. Met some new people and had a great time. Just too much driving. Had a hard time staying on track but not going to go on the scale until Sunday or Monday. Not a binge or anything, just had chilli through the drive-thru, told them to keep the bun. Still no pop but a handful of chips and a few crackers. I still haven't convinced my oldest son this is the way to go. But I will.

This morning was bacon and eggs and coffee for breakfast
    snack of pistachios
    slipped and ate a packaged brownie, regretted it the moment I was done. I wasn't really hungry, it was just there!
    supper - rib-eye steak and made home-made caesar dressing (yummy) for my salad. Steak is a bit large so maybe eat it with eggs for breakfast. I guess not, my youngest has joined me and is finishing it off.

Taking dogs to the park. I will try and sprint (as long as no one is watching)

Copied the Ceasar Salad Dressing Recipe. I love it.

Ingredients:
    - 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably first cold pressed)
    - juice of one lemon
    - 2+ cloves garlic, finely chopped
    - 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
    - 1 tsp. dry mustard
    - 1 egg yolk
    - 1 tin (2 oz.) wild-caught anchovy filets, mashed with the back of a fork
    - generous grinding of black pepper
    - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional – makes the texture more “creamy”)
    - couple drops of worchestershire sauce (optional – and if you do use it, get an organic version without HFCS)
    Method:

1. Mix all ingredients well, and pour over fresh romaine lettuce.
    2. Enjoy!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Marcie!

You ate a brownie "because it was there" and you might try sprinting (as long as no one is watching).
    I can relate to those! LOL You sound like quite a character.

I must confess. I've been very, very lazy about activity. The first couple of weeks of PB I just plain did not feel I had enough energy for exercise. I've upped my carbs since then and got over the "carb flu." I'm feeling stronger and SHOULD exercise, but I just haven't done it. I have a treadmill at work -- just gotta get inspired, I guess.

You and I may not be 100% perfect with the plan, but what we're doing is 98% times better than what we "were doing!"
    Hang in there! We'll do this thing -- for our health and happiness -- and to FEEL GOOD!

I love to be lazy but these dogs keep looking at me and I feel guilty. Took my son and his friend to the park last night and they played for a half hour. There is a zip line and they both took the leap. Kids are so fearless. I did a few standing push ups on one of the climbing bars. Two rounds of 10. I can feel it today. Walked the dogs this morning and sprinted with them a little. They think I'm awesome!

This morning my thoughts were, 'eggs again?' so I made a pancake, this time with coconut flour. Not as tasty as I had hoped, still trying to find 'the best' recipe. Add some berries and made espresso to kick me into high gear. overcooked the bacon. Not so tasty. I hope pancakes have the same staying power as my bacon and eggs.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Marcie -- you're experimenting with food the same as I am.
    I tried to make ice cream last night from the "bag method." Decided the ice and salt was a mess, and just put the quart bag in the freezer. It froze within 10-15 minutes (I smushed it a few times during that time). The protein powder (which I dearly love in shakes) tasted grainy and starchy in the ice cream. It wasn't like ice cream at all. Dismal failure (which usually happens when I try to turn "junk food" into "diet food") Oh well.....ever onward.

I MUCH prefer my frozen Primal shake!

I'm browsing the PB cookbooks for something new and tasty.

Here's something that I never thought would be GOOD, but the flavors blend nicely (without dressing or anything):

In skillet:
    Bratwurst -- split in 1/2 and browned
    in bowl:
    fresh spinach -- about 1 cup finely sliced
    celery heart -- about 1/2 cup, finely chopped
    Top greens with bratwurst (the grease of the bratwurst is sorta like salad dressing) LOL
    Anyway, it is simple, but a nice flavor-blend to my pallet.

I dropped another pound! You're .5 ahead of me, but we're rolling along nicely!

I'm o so tired. In one week I have travelled about 5000 km! I'm in need of a rest but not until the weekend. So much sitting is not healthy. As soon as I got home I hauled the dogs out for a run. Not enough for them but at least we all got some exercise. Still trying to sprint a bit but mostly sitting on my behind!

Travelling is so difficult for this lifestyle. I ate quite a bit of fruit and my oldest had chips around (ok, I bought them for him) so I had a few handfuls; at least I did not devour the whole bag! I still see that as a positive. I am going to make a schedule for when I get home in the evenings to make sure I'm getting things accomplished, and that includes planning and tracking meals. I find it interesting that I can go for hours without eating and not get that shaky exhausted feeling. Obviously that is a carb reaction so I must be doing something right. On Friday (or was it Thursday?) I planned on taking beef jerky to snack on as I didn't make time for breakfast, but forgot it. Lived on water until 4 and finally bought some cheese and meat sticks. Not tasty but filled the void. I probably could have gone longer but it was another 2 1/2 hours till home so I caved. I guess I can fast (who knew). I also ordered a burger one day and ate just the meat and tomato and lettuce and left the bun. A bit dry but still better that the whole meal deal. I plan to get on track this week, going to order the books tonight and maybe look for the shoes this week or order on-line. 5 days of lots of work then 3 off. My grandson is supposed to be coming this weekend so I have that to look forward to. Here's to a great week and as the weight watchers crew says 'I hope to see less of you next week'.(unfortunately it was only my bank account that I saw less of!)

Back to my bacon and eggs! Gained a pound so I need to lose it again. I would like to say goodbye to the whole 240 range and spend some quality time in the 230's. Guess a good long walk is in order tonight! Off to a busy day of sitting on my butt. Will try to walk and stretch each hour.

Still not logging my food. Too busy. Today I have a little more time so I'm off for a walk. Had a headache most of the day, I am suspecting the splenda. will try and eliminate it as well. I enjoy the tea with honey so may switch to that for my sweet treat. One more day of work and 4 days off (with a spatter of work thrown in). I don't crave much but chicken wings were on my mind so I bought some and some lard. nice treat.

Random thought - I wonder if Oprah has tried going Primal?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ordered the main book. Am I being to negative thinking I haven't lost enough weight. Weighing in tomorrow. Perhaps review measurements. I really should have done that from the start and maybe I would see some progress in that area too. I know I need to log my food. Life gets in the way.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast