Thread: Stalled weight, need advice, but.... page

Barkerx5 is offline Junior Member

Stalled weight, need advice, but....

Primal Fuel
    So here is the brief, we started Primal on April 4th as a family. I am still getting my kids adjusted, but my wife and I went cold turkey after reading the book. We have followed the plan really well, only "20%" times are the fact that we are not on 100% grass fed meats, and we have had 2 trips to a local Frozen Yogurt shop. I ate only fruits as a topping. Only other "20%" has been a lunch we had at a mexican restaurant, and I did snack on a few corn chips with salsa. But to me, we have done really well. I have seen a weight loss of right at 10 pounds since that day. I was losing weight and living better prior to Primal, but really believe this is the way to go for life. I exercise at least 6 days a week, and I run for my own personal goals and for fun. I have put in over 50 miles on the pavement since April 4th. I do pushups, and strength training twice a week, and do it very quick with quick energy burst in it. My waist used to be a 42/40 now I fit into a 36 easily. I weigh 239 currently. My issue is that both my wife and I have stalled on weight loss. I seem to be losing a few changes in my appearance, for instance a new belt I bought, I just went to the second notch on it, but my weight loss on scale has stopped. Prior to Primal I counted calories, and I started counting everything as well when we began, but I reall do not want to do that the rest of my life.. Any advice for us would be great, I am bought in and know it takes time, but I need some advice to give my wife, who lost weight prior by counting and watching calories, but is now stalled. (she had really bad "carb flu" the first few weeks, but her fatigue has gotten better the past week, so I think changes are happening). Thanks!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    18 days is not long enough to see a stall. You will not see weight loss every few days. My best advice would be to get into the 'long-term' mindset, and concentrate on how you feel. If you are looking for a change every day, or even every week, you will drive yourself crazy.
    Also remember, your body may not only be adjusting, but healing. You and/or your wife might need to get to a place of health, before weight comes off consistently.
    Good luck to you.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    18 days is not long enough to see a stall. You will not see weight loss every few days. My best advice would be to get into the 'long-term' mindset, and concentrate on how you feel. If you are looking for a change every day, or even every week, you will drive yourself crazy.
    Also remember, your body may not only be adjusting, but healing. You and/or your wife might need to get to a place of health, before weight comes off consistently.
    Good luck to you.
    Timely for me also. Thanks!