Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Seth "BONZ" Williams) page 3

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Random Stats I can come back to:

LIFTING

Deadlift 1RM: 1.54xBW (Grip is a problem)
    Bench 1RM: 1.35xBW (Weak ass!)
    Squat 1RM: 1.69xBW (estimated max with good form, lack hip and ankle flexibility)
    Pullups: 13 (Pronated grip)
    Muscleups: Uhh... about that... hmmm

BODYCOMP

SEPT 5TH:
    Neck: 16
    Bicep: 14.75
    Forearm: 11.5
    Chest: 42
    Waist 31.75
    Hips: 33.5
    Thigh: 22
    Calf: 15

BODYFAT % (JACKSON/POLLACK 4 CALIPER METHOD)

SEPT 5TH
    9.62 %
    Last edited by BONZ; 09-18-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Well here we iz!!!!! 9 months in and I've accomplished some things I never would've thought possible. Great energy levels, strength gains, you name it. I never thought I'd see a single digit bodyfat percentage again IN MY LIFE... but here I am. I'm fairly certain that right now I could score higher on a PFT than I ever did on active duty as a Marine. Same old same old here, eating about 2200 calories a day. 130 - 200 gms protein, 85 - 100 gms Carbohydrates (most of this being prebotic, soluble fiber), and anywhere from 50 - 200 gms fat as my variable input. Still doing Stronglifts 5x5 three days a week and the Armstrong Pullup Program (PDF) Monday through Friday. Still working on a muscle up, I will knock that out. Here's the progression photos:

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Paleobird Guest
    It has been very entertaining the past few days watching you poke JamesS in the troll behind and he doesn't even "get it" when he is being ridiculed. He thinks you're arguing.

Also the eye candy on this thread is worth subscribing for. Did you say something? Sorry I was distracted......

I've been engaged in a battle of the wits against the unarmed.... it hasn't been pretty! I don't know what the hell that dude's issue is but seriously.... if you can't comment on ONE THREAD (I've seen this dude in many) without getting in a pissing contest you really gotta self-assess. Unless you're fully aware, not just socially awkward, and really are just a total douchebag. In which case, I have no problem bruising your soul and murdering your self-esteem.... :P

Many thanks for the compliments..... never thought I'd actually find my abs again!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    I've been engaged in a battle of the wits against the unarmed.... it hasn't been pretty! I don't know what the hell that dude's issue is but seriously.... if you can't comment on ONE THREAD (I've seen this dude in many) without getting in a pissing contest you really gotta self-assess. Unless you're fully aware, not just socially awkward, and really are just a total douchebag. In which case, I have no problem bruising your soul and murdering your self-esteem.... :P

Many thanks for the compliments..... never thought I'd actually find my abs again!
    Oh, you found them all right. Nice.

If you want to put a face to that particular d bag, google James Sloane Mountain High Botanicals Las Vegas Nevada. It's where he works as an "herbal formulator". Then he talks about his "30 year career in medicine". Yeahright.

I am not kidding when I say I think he really is a paid poster when it comes to the soy question. He hounded me across several threads where soy was completely OT, including ranting on my journal (way not cool) trying to "call me out" on the issue. It's like he was just itching for an excuse to whip out his list o' links posts. All of which are cut and paste from the stuff already on the Mountain High site BTW. Somebody like that with just enough medical knowledge to sound authoritative could make a tidy extra income trolling all the websites and making excuses to post about the wonders of soy.

Small successes, right? Well, here's a GIGANTIC one..... and it isn't even mine. Back around June, I created a photo album on my Facebook page for my progression photos. While opening myself up to plenty of well deserved "you vein M$%$F%$%^@#" criticism for posting half naked pictures of myself on Facebook, I did explain that it had a medical and dietary relevance in the album. A freind of mine, a guy I served with back when I was an active duty Marine, dropped me a note and asked my what the hell I was doing to cut up. He's one of at least 6 or 7 people who followed up with questions. I gave him the rundown and pointed him to this site and a few other resources. For a couple of weeks I did the "paleo coach" thing, answering his questions as they came up while he soaked it all in. Got a note from the dude a couple of days ago that basically said "I'm 2 pounds away from losing 100 lbs since June. Thanks for the information, it has changed my life!" That, ladies and gentlemen, is a victory! That is all.....

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Always gratifying to see someone you helped succeed! And great job yourself man, pretty amazing transformation pics in this journal!

Random Stats I can come back to:

LIFTING

NEW PR: Deadlift 1RM: 1.6xBW (295 lbs)
    Bench 1RM: 1.35xBW (Weak ass!)
    Squat 1RM: 1.69xBW (estimated max with good form, lack hip and ankle flexibility)
    Muscleups: Almost there....

BODYCOMP

SEPT 5TH:
    Bicep: 14.75
    Forearm: 11.5
    Chest: 42
    Waist 31.75
    Hips: 33.5
    Thigh: 22

SEPT 5TH
    9.62 %

Random stats:

I'm having to revamp my numbers so I don't have the incentive to cheat on reps. Adjusted to reflect 1RM, clean, no bounce, full ROM. If I haven't done a 1RM, the heaviest weight that I've lifted during a workout is listed.

LIFTING

NEW PR NOV23: Deadlift 1RM: 1.73xBW (315 lbs)
    Bench 1RM: 1.26xBW (230 lbs)
    Squat 1RM: 1.1xBW (200 lbs, No 1RM, switched to Low Bar Squats and started over)
    Press 1RM: 0.63xBW (115 lbs, No 1 RM, strict/no push press)
    Last edited by BONZ; 11-23-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Random Stats:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LIFTING

Deadlift 1RM: 1.73xBW (315 lbs)
    Bench 1RM: 1.26xBW (230 lbs)
    Squat 1RM: 1.1xBW (200 lbs, No 1RM, switched to Low Bar Squats and started over)
    Press 1RM: 0.63xBW (115 lbs, No 1 RM, strict/no push press)

BODYCOMP

Bicep: 15 (+.25)
    Forearm: 12 (+.5)
    Chest: 43.25 (+1.25)
    Waist 31.5 (-.25)
    Hips: 36
    Thigh: 22.25 (+.25)

8.33 %

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast