Thread: Pear blue cheese salad idea- had it at a restaurant page

SophieE is offline Senior Member

Pear blue cheese salad idea- had it at a restaurant

I had this at a restaurant the other day and it was so delicious that I intend to make it and I thought i'd share it:

Salad of blue cheese, walnuts, toasted pine nuts, rocket and poach pears with what i think was a tiny drizzle of honey over the top. Aaammmaaazing.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm, I LOVE pears with cheese.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    That's a combo I had never thought of before but it does sound like it would fit nicely together. I'm going to have to remember that for the next time I have to bring a salad to somewhere-- it sort of sounds decadent or something.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is very yummy. If you want to make it yourself, baby spinach leaves work just as well as rocket. And feta or goats cheese are a great alternative to blue cheese.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.