Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Day Sugar Free page

jammies is offline Senior Member

30 Day Sugar Free

I have been trying unsuccessfully to cut back on sugar consumption. I just can't seem to get it back under control - I am eating way, way, way too much sugar and fruit juice. Every day, I tell myself I am not eating any sugar and every day I cave in. A LOT.

So, I'm going to try something different. I'm going to try a 30 day sugar free challenge. I am going to keep track here every single day if I ate any sugar or not.

I'd love to have some partners in my rehab . Anyone else feel like giving this a try with me?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Meaning 0 dark chocolate, 0 red wine, 0 greek yogurt? I'd love to be supportive, but I am kinda planning on eating the crap out of those three things, and all of them contain sugar.

If you mean added sugars and fruits/fruit juices, I'm down 100% for support and the fact that I don't eat that stuff anyway.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I would be happy to help support you!! My biggest downfall right now is eating after dinner. So maybe I could hold you accountable for the sugar, and you can hold me accountable for my night time snacking??

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    I think he might be talking more about not adding any sugar to his diet that is concentrated, not whole foods with sugars in them likec fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc. We will see, maybe he literal is going to eliminate sugar and do the ketosis thing for a month.

Wine and dark chocolate?? Abstaining from these pretty easy for me, it's the icecream that has a far richer and more temporarily rewarding effect on the taste buds. But, this may only be due to the fact that I am highly sensitive to both. Also, when I do all the right things, the things I should be doing regularly, I don't really crave red wine or dark chocolate(despite absolutely loooooooving the 85 percent dark stuff)

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I would be happy to help support you!! My biggest downfall right now is eating after dinner. So maybe I could hold you accountable for the sugar, and you can hold me accountable for my night time snacking??
    I'm not sure night time snacking isn't bad as long as you are eating healthy and exercising properly. A few days of doing the 16 hour fast starting at sleep and ending 16 hours later into the text day would definitely mitigate any potential harmful effects of night time snacking. I also really depends on the person and their body's individual needs.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I'm shooting for 21 days initially, started on Tuesday. But I'm not counting fruit and natural sugar.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support! I guess I should have been more clear though

For me, I am talking about anything with added sugar. No dark chocolate, honey, jam, ice cream, candy, etc. I don't really eat much dairy so yogurt is out, but I wouldn't consider that a sugar. Red wine is definitely in for me - but I hardly drink so its not an issue.

I guess everyone had their own demons! Those are mine.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by morganpmiller View Post
    I'm not sure night time snacking isn't bad as long as you are eating healthy and exercising properly. A few days of doing the 16 hour fast starting at sleep and ending 16 hours later into the text day would definitely mitigate any potential harmful effects of night time snacking. I also really depends on the person and their body's individual needs.
    When I snack at night, it's only on Primal foods, and usually it's berries with coconut milk or manna, or nuts, or an apple with almond butter, things of that nature, sometimes I will have two or three of those things before bed. And of course, I'll get a 90% dark chocolate bar and eat that about once a week as a real treat. But, I've always been told that eating before bedtime is a big "no, no"........is this the next CW that I need to erase from my brain?

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Thanks for the support! I guess I should have been more clear though

For me, I am talking about anything with added sugar. No dark chocolate, honey, jam, ice cream, candy, etc. I don't really eat much dairy so yogurt is out, but I wouldn't consider that a sugar. Red wine is definitely in for me - but I hardly drink so its not an issue.

I guess everyone had their own demons! Those are mine.
    I see. Well either way, I could still be supportive if you want it.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    When I snack at night, it's only on Primal foods, and usually it's berries with coconut milk or manna, or nuts, or an apple with almond butter, things of that nature, sometimes I will have two or three of those things before bed. And of course, I'll get a 90% dark chocolate bar and eat that about once a week as a real treat. But, I've always been told that eating before bedtime is a big "no, no"........is this the next CW that I need to erase from my brain?

From what I've been reading recently, yes, the eating right before bed = bad is CW bullshit. I personally have not had any problems with it in the past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast