Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page

teach2183 is offline Senior Member

Finding my healthy self after 2 kids

I have always been bigger, but generally a flat tummy until I got married. Went from 155 to 175 before getting pregnant with my first child. My second child is now nearly 2 and I'm getting ready to wean him. My body is looking forward to the break I'm sure as I've been pregnant/nursing since 8/07, nearly 5 years! I have succeeded so far in losing 9lbs.
    I've always eaten "healthy" - whole grains, fruit/veggies, low fat, you know all the CW. Found the book Wheat Belly in January and a light went off. Just finished PB and that makes even more sense. I'm trying to be sugar free for 21 days and see how that goes. Started Tues, so nearly a week in already.
    Trying to get in exercise will be a challenge for the next 6 weeks. So I'm focusing on moving more by chasing my 1 and 4 yo's. I play soccer once a week which serves as my sprints for now. It's indoor, so lots of running. Hoping to reach a healthy weight where I lose my preggo belly and like my body again. Wanting to look more toned like when I was in college and played soccer.
    My husband is not on board and this is proving to be the toughest part. We're going to sit down and talk soon so hopefully that will help. We're on a tight budget for food so I need him to stop buying things like 2 tubs of potato salad. Hopefully someday he'll understand.
    Starting stats:
    29 yo
    5'4"
    185.4lbs
    Goal by 30:
    150lbs OR size 8 pants - my 34I (DD before kids) chest keeps me above "healthy" range weight, along with my propensity for muscle gain

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I hope it goes well.

Food is 80%. Exercise is important but not nearly as important. You are getting the same exercise as your great grandmothers have gotten since they came down out of trees. More

Good luck with the hubby.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Today was a good day. Ate 3 healthy meals and avoided eating a brownie at a party. I really wanted it, but I'm trying to give up sugar for 21 days. I figure in the future I might partake of desserts here and there, but for now I'm sticking with just natural sugar in various fruits.
    My stress level plummeted after speaking with my husband last night. Sometimes it's amazing what just sitting and talking can do. We've been on separate paths for a few weeks now and the tension was just mounting. And of course, my sex drive came flooding back now that I actually wanted to be in the same room with him. So definitely some feel good hormones running through my body today!
    Still struggling for energy. Even with a nap today I can barely keep my eyes open right now. This may be in response to the release of stress and now my body wants some good sleep to fix itself. That's what I'm hoping anyway, so I'll head to bed early tonight. I think I'm eating enough, not super hungry and trying to get in plenty of protein.

B: Scrambled eggs (~2.5) in coconut oil, with mushrooms and spinach, 3 sausage patties, strawberries (~1/2C)
    L: Romaine lettuce wrap (4 leaves) around ham, salami, cheddar cheese, and tomatoe.
    D: Pork roast, frozen veggies, potatoes, onions

Anyone looking over this see anything wrong with what I'm eating so far?

Another pretty good day today, but still very low on energy. Pretty low stress with nowhere to go and nice weather that allowed me and the kids to be outside morning and afternoon. Worked during nap time and tutored this afternoon. Took a family walk after dinner which is always nice. Yay for warmer weather to let us be outside and comfortable (even if we have to wear sweats to do so).

B: 4 eggs fried in CO with runny yolks (ate DS' because I made cage free eggs and couldn't bear to throw it out), peppers, mushrooms, sausage
    L: Romaine lettuce wrap around ham, salami, cheddar cheese, tomatoe
    D: Last night's leftovers but very little potatoes/onions

Hoping to get energy back soon!

I want to shout it to everyone, my jeans fit! I never bought new clothes after DS was born because I hated the idea of spending money on clothes that wouldn't fit long. I did buy several bras in December (that are now too big), but have been living in sweats for the last 2.5 years. On a whim I put on my jeans this afternoon and they fit! Not as comfortable as I'd like them, but I'd say in another month they'll be perfect. I believe they're a size 12 and they're from my college days! So exciting considering that I'm still breastfeeding and don't have much time to exercise.
    Played a doubleheader last night so I'm a little sore today. But still doing pretty well on food and chased DS around a bit today while DD was at her soccer class. Will try to get in some play lifting tomorrow as I think it'll be a day around the house with cold weather and DD recovering from what might be an ear infection. DS is usually up for some bench press type lifts with him as the bar, LOL.
    Feels good to fit into those jeans again, extra motivation to keep going!

Weighed in yesterday and I'm down 11lbs total! Another 5lbs and I'll be where I was when I got pregnant with DD. I was able to wear on the the nightgowns purchased for our honeymoon last night. Stuff like that keeps DH on board. Now that's he seeing me much more excited he's not so reluctant.
    We went to Sam's club yesterday and bought a ton of eggs. So no worries about running out of them for a while. Now I can keep some hardboiled eggs in the fridge for mornings I just don't feel like cooking. Made a large batch of pancakes this morning for the kids. Found a new recipe and they love them - DD ate 5 and DS ate 4! Been using maple syrup on them and I like it a lot more than regular. Too bad it's so much more expensive.
    Having pizza tonight with a cheese and cream cheese crust. Looking forward to it. Been having hungry days the last 2 days. Hoping I can find some time today to get in some lifting. I keep wanting to but that time runs out. DD has had an earache for a couple days so that doesn't help. Off to get some of my work done while DH and the kids are at church.
    Ready for another great week and some excellent outdoor play with the warm weather forecasted!

Unintentionally got in my longest fast. There's a bug going through my house so I didn't eat from 8pmlast night until 11:30 today. I was afraid to eat lunch though since I'd been in the bathroom all morning so now I'm starving as I didn't eat enough. DS has 30 more minutes to sleep (on me) and then I can get more food.
    Interestingly, DS is the only one that didn't get sick (credit breastmilk antibodies). DH got the worst of it, shall I credit his poor diet and inability to slow diwn to take care of himself? He got up at 1am last night tp use the bathroom and passed out against the door for a minute. So very scary to me, almost called 911 as he wasn't responding and I couldn't get the door open. But he came to and then vomitted everything he ate yesterday. He's been sleeping nearly all day.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better. And maybe the unintentional fast will lead to some weight loss that sticks around!

Got dressed this morning and looked in the mirror as I was brushing my teeth and thought, for the first time in a long time "I look good!" I'm sure it's somewhat that the clothes I'm wearing are right for my body. But my stomach looks much closer to flat and I like what I look like. This is amazing for me as I haven't been here in over 5 years. I can only imagine how I'll feel about my body when I lose another 20-30lbs. I will still technically be considered overweight at that point, but it's really a good goal for me.
    Have I mentioned how much I hate the BMI targets? It's like saying that a woman with a 34A bust is fine at the same weight as me when I have a 34H. Hmm, somehow that just doesn't work for me. I'm shooting for a flat tummy and toned body, really no matter my weight. I'm not even sure body fat % targets are good for women with large chests. I've read stories of breast reductions where the doctors remove 8-10lbs!

mindyst is offline Junior Member
    I feel like I'm reading about my life! I also have 2 kids, play rec soccer and want my boobs cut off and replaced on my butt . I have been saying to myself that I'm finding myself again in the last few months. I am attributing my good attitude and my change in my mood to getting the crap out of my body.

Keep it up! Sounds like you have made a good start.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mindyst View Post
    I feel like I'm reading about my life! I also have 2 kids, play rec soccer and want my boobs cut off and replaced on my butt . I have been saying to myself that I'm finding myself again in the last few months. I am attributing my good attitude and my change in my mood to getting the crap out of my body.

Keep it up! Sounds like you have made a good start.
    Thanks for the encouragement! I am hoping my boobs shrink to a more normal size as I lose weight and stop breastfeeding. Although I was supposed to drop 1 of the last 2 feedings yesterday. Have to wait until DS gets over this bug though.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast