Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 8

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't know what was up with my kids today. I think DS is getting antsy and wants to be all the way better. But he still has some pain. I'm thinking library tomorrow though in the morning, it's supposed to a warmer day.

DD had a day today, that's for sure. Whining, crying, fussing. Went through 3 pairs of jeans because she didn't use the toilet. She's nearly 4.5, this needs to stop. Back talking for most of the day and being rude, generally not listening. We spent a good deal of the day outside today, so she can't feel cooped up. I did some preschool work with her as well, so that need can't be it. We read tons of books. I'm starting to wonder if she has some sort of food sensitivity that we're unaware of. But I don't know where to begin identifying it. And I'm pretty sure DH won't be on board with trying to eliminate things. We haven't had any what containing products since last Friday night, so that's not the issue. The only sugar has been a single cookie each day along with minimal fruit. I'm honestly at a loss. Here's what she ate today, anybody tell me if you see anything glaring that could cause such horrible behavior on a seemingly random basis:
    B - egg fried in CO, cantaloupe slices, cherry tomatoes, green pepper slices
    S - cheese slices (cut from cheddar block)
    L - homemade meatloaf, carrots
    S - 1 chocolate chip cookie
    D - sausage and peppers (green and yellow), made with CO and onions, gluten free pasta with butter

2-3 glasses of milk throughout the day, many glasses of water

Anything missing? Anything look like a possible trigger? There's nothing there that's out of the ordinary to me. Anybody help?

I'm also still quite sore from yesterday. Really looking forward to playing a double header tomorrow, plus just being out of the house after today. Also tutoring in the afternoon, which will be nice.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Any chance she could be sensitive to nightshades? It's the only thing jumping out at me. Maybe not enough carbs? It's all I can pick up on.

4.5 is tough. Actually I think each 1/2 mark is tough, i.e. 18 months, 2 1/2, so on. The resistance and regression is often a hallmark of a developmental period. Like fussy babies trying to crawl or walk. Mine always seem to get impossible just before they either leap forward or get a cold (go figure!).

I hope tomorrow is better!

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Any chance she could be sensitive to nightshades? It's the only thing jumping out at me. Maybe not enough carbs? It's all I can pick up on.

4.5 is tough. Actually I think each 1/2 mark is tough, i.e. 18 months, 2 1/2, so on. The resistance and regression is often a hallmark of a developmental period. Like fussy babies trying to crawl or walk. Mine always seem to get impossible just before they either leap forward or get a cold (go figure!).

I hope tomorrow is better!
    Thanks. I don't think the nightshades are an issue as she doesn't eat a ton of them. The gp slices for breakfast was only 3, and she skipped most of the peppers with dinner. I'm praying she's about to have a major milestone breakthrough, although I'm not sure what it would be. She keeps waking up at night screaming too. Starting to wonder if it's hormonal, but I have no idea how I would help that. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm off to bed so I can be super patient with her and try to figure out what's up. Ugh.

Yesterday was a much better day for DD. We went to the library in the morning, where she was fully engaged. She took a good nap, and we did her first preschool lesson while DS was still asleep. She enjoyed reading the books for the lesson, but wasn't as into the hands on things. Well, she really liked it once I convinced her to give it a try. Looking forward to trying a different subject today.

Only played in 1 game last night, but will play 2 next week and for the first half of next season. So definitely looking forward to that! We didn't have any subs and I wasn't that tired after the game. We won too, which is a great bonus. I feel so much stronger/faster playing lately that it's really nice. A little sore today, but nothing too bad.

Did another day of PBF today and it felt good.
    L3 push-ups: felt tough but good again, felt it more in my chest this time which is good
    L1 pull-ups: felt a little better, might even get to the next level after another 2 weeks, which would be exciting
    L6 squats: felt tough, but made it through nearly all sets without a pause
    L2 planks: felt easy, except for my left shoulder and the second set. moving up to L3 next time!

I love how quick this workout is and actually got it done with both kids in the basement. They are independent enough that I can get this workout in while they play on their own. That will likely be very helpful once DH goes back to work. Worst case scenario I'll do PBF during the week and fit in a lifting session on the weekends! It feels so nice to be progressing and feeling stronger. Realtor is coming in a little while to take some updated pictures and talk about our strategy going forward. Continuing with my summer's goal for the fall...

Let go and let God! I know He has a great plan for me and my family, just have to be patient.

Another day of PBF today. Felt pretty good too.
    L3 Push-up: Incline - felt good, all 25 reps each set
    L1 Pull-ups: Chair asst - felt better than it has, all 20 reps each set with no pauses!
    L6 Squats: Bulgarian - very tough on both sets today, pause @15 on second set
    L3/4 Planks: Hands/Feet - straight ones were okay 90s first, only 65s second; had to do forearm for sides as hands hurt my wrists too much. 30/30; 30/35. This will definitely be something I hope to see improve with each workout!

I expected to be a little be weaker today since I am due for AF any day now. Had horrible belly aches last night so thought for sure would start this morning, but nothing yet. The scale continues to be good to me though and I'm down another half pound this week, to 179! So nice to see my weight staying under 180. Another 4lbs and I'll have lost 10% of my initial weight. "They" always say that losing 10% can have huge health rewards. Of course, losing 20% would likely be even better in my case. But once I get to 175 I'm going to go spend a little on some new clothes. Might be right around Christmas too, so I can ask for gift cards to buy some new things.

Going to do an experiment with DD and see if her potty troubles are constipation related. Considering buying ingredients next shopping trip to do daily smoothies with her. Would try to pack these with fat as well as some fruit, in hopes to get everything fully moving. I've seen a few sources now suggest that frequent accidents can be due to constipation. I'm sure she would love a daily smoothie, and it might help her to put on a little more weight even if she's not having trouble. Just have to decide what to put in it. I figure some things she won't eat on their own - like avocado, along with some her favorites - apples/berries. Anyone have any ideas on something that might help her get back on track?

Sorry she's having tummy issues! You can soak prunes to soften them or just add some prune juice to your smoothie. Sweet potato fries are a big hit in our house with the kids and seem to help, too. And congrats on more weight loss! 10% is a big deal, and you're almost there!
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

We should buy some sweet potatoes, they do really like them. Should be a good price soon with fall coming as well. She seems to be doing better, so I may have been totally off the mark.

Wasn't going to work out today because AF hit late this morning. But after I put together the meatballs and sauce for dinner, everyone was still in the basement. So I changed clothes and went down to get in PBF. The first set everything felt fine, but the second set was killer. Really felt it in my muscles too, not just generally weak. Was able to complete everything, but only made 71 seconds on the hand/foot planks.
    L3 push-ups, L1 pull-ups, L6 squats, L3 front plank, L4 side plank
    Once TOM is over I might even be able to get to regular push-ups fairly shortly!

Getting pretty stressed about our financial situation as well. Actually just sat down and cried this morning after everyone had left for gymnastics. I had to stay home since I was tutoring before they got home. Everything feels somewhat hopeless lately. I know God has a plan, but I'm overwhelmed with everything right now. I know we've done everything right so far. Hopefully things will work out. soon

So I just realized, AF here and I'm not falling over exhausted! And I'm not having any major cramps. If this sticks around because my body is healing itself, it could be amazing. I definitely had some digestive issues over the weekend, but that's fine if it means minimal cramping and no drastic reduction in energy. Combined with the weight loss, my body seems to finally be figuring things out.

Also, I was looking at my arms while doing planks today and thought "wow, they're getting skinny again!" My arms/shoulders used to be my favorite part of my body. Loved wearing tank tops/sleeveless shirts to show off the area. But I've gained everywhere, so it didn't look good anymore. But the lifting plus weightloss are making them look better. I am excited for what my body might look like come next summer. If I can keep losing just half a pound a week, I could be down under 160 for next summer. That would be absolutely amazing. But really, I just want to look like I'm that skinny again, I don't really care about the scale. I'm interested to see if my son's gymnastics teacher (mommy and me class) says anything the next time I see her. She missed the end of last session and I missed today, so it will have been 4 weeks by the time I see her again. I'll only have lost a couple pounds, but feel like things are starting to tighten up as I continue to get stronger. Still can't believe how tough today's workout was. Another amazing thing... I'm not starving. It's like my body doesn't realize that AF is here! Hopefully more good things tomorrow. We have nothing planned, so just time to play with the kiddos. Maybe down to our neighborhood park or a long walk. DS is still hurting a little, so no real fun parks.

Lots of slow movement and sun today. Spent the morning going for a long walk, pushing both kids in the stroller. Then played in the yard until lunch. After naps went back outside until dinner, then went for our usual nightly walk and let the kids play a few more minutes outside. So nice to have the house opened up and the fresh air blowing through!

We also might have found a house we want to buy. When it comes down to it, we've decided we want simple. Yes, we want to buy because it actually is cheaper monthly to do so. And it affords us more privacy as well as just having a little more control over our situation. This could be an opportunity that allows us for financial security (once we sell our current home) for years to come, along with flexibility. I could volunteer in the kids' classrooms, we could donate more to various organizations, and we could show our kids this country with vacations each summer to the various landmarks. When I sit down and think about it, how much time is really spent inside one's home not sleeping? Once the kids start school, they'll get up to eat and dress, then head out. They'll return home and hopefully play outside until dinner, then do homework and go to bed. We'd have weekends and summers at home. But with a lower monthly payment we'll have the freedom to buy better food and go see more places. The possibilities really feel pretty wide.

Had a wonderful morning with the kiddos. It's terrible to say, but things seem easier with DH at work. We were all up early. I checked my various emails and then we did some reading. 2 books for DS since the first one had like 8 words in it, 1 book for DD. Then I made breakfast, we ate, then everyone got dressed. The kids helped me clean up their books and magazines they had out while I was cooking, then we went outside. Checked on the garden, walked down to the park for a while. Came home for a snack - each kid had a banana. Then went back outside to wait for friends. Played mostly outside with friends, which was nice to talk to another adult during the day. Hadn't seen them in a while either, so lots to catch up on. The kids had fun with each other. They left at lunch time, then put the kids down for their nap. Finished work for today, so now I get to relax until DD gets up. I have a feeling she will take a decent nap since we spent nearly 3 hours outside this morning! Such beautiful weather.

I'm feeling at peace about the house situation as well. Have a lead on a possible renter as well, although we would need to pay for a lawn service if we accepted her. Time will show us what's meant to be. If this house we're considering works out, it's a matter of how long the closing process would take. If it takes a while, I would love to just get our neighbor's son in here because I know he could just take care of everything and his son would enjoy the yard. It's all in God's hands, but looking forward to seeing how things work out!

No workout today since I am playing 2 games tonight. Really looking forward to being on the field for extended time!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast