Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 7

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Did PBF this morning and it felt good. Did the previous levels from a month ago when I switched to weights. Looks like lifting has helped me with some of these exercises as well. Push-ups and Squats felt easy. Pull-ups still felt very hard. Although I've changed the configuration for it so I am putting more responsibility on my arms. I realized I likely wouldn't make any progress the way I was before. I am also making the bottom the relax point and making sure to maintain tension on the way down. I will stay the same for planks. This makes sense, since SS has squats which complement PBF squats and bench which complements push-ups. I am going to try doing PBF for a month and then switching back to SS. I think it will be good for my muscles to switch back and forth monthly. I should still make strength gains and not be bored. I'm sure after a few months I'll be ready to move onto something else, time will tell!

So this morning I have a small dilemna. Albeit, it's a good one to have. It's nearly 8am and I am not hungry. The reason it's an issue at all is I need to make breakfast soon, at least for the children. So do I eat as well? Also, if I don't eat I won't be able to eat until lunch at 11:30 because soon we're eaving for gymnastics class. I'm going to wait until 8 and then decide. I think I might have finally eaten enough food yesterday though because I didn't snack at all and hasn't eaten anything since 6 last night. And I did PBF and went for our evening walk. Hmmm

Ran out of time for a workout yesterday when DS fell off the back of the couch, thus delaying dinner. He just wanted to snuggle with mommy of course. We thought we was okay, just mostly scared. So once he calmed a little he transferred to DH for snuggles while I finished dinner. He barely ate, we gave some ibuprofen, then he fell asleep and actually slept until morning. I could have worked out after bedtime, but I tutored last night. This morning DS was still acting off, barely wanting to move and refusing breakfast. So off to the pedi we went. When he walked in the room, he said he was probably fine. DS did not want to be put down on the exam table. This is the kid that practically climbed up there for his 2yo appt. Pedi started to poke and tried to pull him up by his arms. Found 1 spot that produced a blood curdling scream and DS wouldn't use his arm to be pulled up. So we were sent down for an xray. Turns out, broken collar bone! Not much they can do, so sent us home with a sling and told to let him relax. He is luckily comfortably sleeping in his crib. I wish I could make it all better. Looks like my plans for working out will be on hold for a few days though until he's feeling better. Hard to say no to snuggles from a toddler you know is hurt!

Thank God though this WOE. I did not have a chance to eat breakfast this morning. 6 months ago this would have led to a horrible stomach ache and feeling terribly off. Instead I was hungry, but feeling okay other than the rumbling tummy. Had a decent size lunch when we got home and will have a good size dinner as well. But awesome that I could focus on DS and not worry about finding food!

Woohoo! I broke 180! Weighed in at 179.4 this morning. I haven't been under 180 in 5 years, since I got pregnant with DD. Still very slowly losing weight, but down 15lbs since January. About 15-20lbs more before I think I'll be real happy. Still hoping for a speed up in weight loss once DS stops nursing. But this is an exciting milestone for me. My next "celebration" point will be when I've lost 10% of my starting weight. When that happens I think I will reward myself with buying a couple articles of clothing. Many things I own may not fit me at that point anyway!

That's awesome! Congratulations on breaking 180! I am loving the freedom from worrying about insane hunger & "hangriness" if I forget a meal/snack, too
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo! Yeay for the whoosh, goodbye 180.

I'm sure you'll drop faster when DS weans. I didn't drop my last 10 with my first nursling until he weaned.

Definitely reward yourself with some great new clothes.

Thanks ladies! After a rough week, it was nice to see that on the scale.

Can't wait to get back to exercising once DS is feeling better too. He had a good morning, even went outside. But he tripped over a branch and fell, leading to snuggles for the rest of the day. Hoping another good night's sleep has him feeling even better tomorrow. I love the snuggles, but sitting still all day is rough. I can't even carry him around much because any jostling seems to hurt. Ah well, hopefully Monday I can at least sneak away for 20-30 minutes to do PBF.

After a week off, PBF kicked my butt today! With it raining outside, I turned a movie on for the kids to keep DS resting and got in my workout. He might have overdone it yesterday as he's more cranky today. So hard to keep a 2yo resting!

Anyway, PBF was hard today...
    L3 Push-ups - Incline: 1 set was fine, second set was hard but good
    L1 Pull-ups - Chair assisted: Will I ever get past this stage? These are still very difficult!
    L6 Squats - Bulgarian: OMG quad burn, on the leg on the bench! Had to pause at 15 in both sets
    L2 Plank - Forearm/knee: the only thing that fine on both sets. not good, but fine. maybe 2-3 more workouts then ready for L3?

Got asked to play an extra game on Wed for soccer and I'm excited. I'm looking for a new team for the fall as well so that I can play on the field more and a team with fewer subs. Here's to hoping I can find something. Having 3-4 subs every week is getting a little old.

A little late saying this, but good job getting your workout in! L6 with squats - wow! Soccer must keep your legs strong. I'm low in every level, but loving it anyway! I really enjoyed lifting in college, but it got too hard to fit in gym time once the babies came. Now I love just being able to walk outside and go for it, with the kids' swingset as my main piece of equipment!
    SW 149 (July 9th, 2012)
    CW 140 & 30% bf (Aug. 4, 2012)
    Goal 25% bf

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWithKids View Post
    A little late saying this, but good job getting your workout in! L6 with squats - wow! Soccer must keep your legs strong. I'm low in every level, but loving it anyway! I really enjoyed lifting in college, but it got too hard to fit in gym time once the babies came. Now I love just being able to walk outside and go for it, with the kids' swingset as my main piece of equipment!
    One of the best things we did before having kids was buying a weight bench w/ squat rack and lat tower, a step, small trampoline, ab ball, and dumbbells for the basement. It's allowed me to sneak in workouts easily.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast