Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 5

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I had been thinking about sprinting today while everyone else is at church. But about 4pm yesterday my shoulder started bothering me. No idea why, I was just sitting in the yard watching the kids and it started hurting. My neck is pretty stiff too. My shoulder hurts so much that it interrupted my sleep several times last night. I think I might take some tylenol/ibuprofen before we head to the racetrack today. I'm hoping it will feel better in the morning though so I can stay on track with lifting tomorrow.

We had pizza for dinner last night. It had been 3 months since I let the family order out and DH loves it. But it left me feeling ill. So I think next time I will just eat something else. But I'm wondering if last night's dinner is what is causing problems for DD today. She woke up before 6 and then later in the morning complained of a tummy ache. I'm wondering if the stomach ache woke her up and was caused by the pizza. It would really be a shame if that's the case because she's so young to react like that. And it's not like she never has wheat products. She ate part of her bun and a cookie at the picnic on 7/4, so it had only been about 10 days. But perhaps it was just too much wheat/gluten at once for her tiny little body. I'm hoping she does okay with our trip today and gets some better rest tonight. We're taking lunch, so I anticipate she'll be fine and the only treat might end up being some ice cream if Grandpa buys it for the kids. Kind of looking forward to the school year when food issues settle down a little and when it cools off so we can use the oven again.

Going to lay down in hopes my shoulder starts to feel better!

Did day 5 of starting strength today. Felt pretty good all around. It's interesting to me how for squat and dead it seemed to get easier as I progressed in the sets. Deadlift is up to my theoretical goal weight. I say theoretical because I'm deciding on a goal weight based on how I look and feel.
    Squat - 115
    Bench - 95
    Dead - 145

My overall goal with all of this is to get rid of my pregnant belly and I really would like to slim down my legs so they don't rub together. I figure as I venture towards those goals I'll lose fat in the other places on my body as well. I have about 6 months before I turn 30, so a fairly decent time frame to work with. It's nice to see the gains in my lifting too.

Feeling great! I can't remember the last time I felt this good after a soccer game. On the way home thoughts of going for a run went through my head. How weird, I've always hated running. But I feel strong and that feels GREAT! Looking forward to lifting tomorrow, and looking forward to some time running around outside with the kids. We're finally getting a good storm with plenty of rain as well. Hoping for a good loss on Saturday, but feeling strong is more important to me. Things are looking a little up about the house too, so that probably helps. I'm ready to take on the world!

Session 6 of starting strength today, feeling good afterwards. Powerclean was definitely tough, press felt fine and squat still is easy. I'm starting to wonder what the typical stall weights are for women. I would think I'm close in some of these lifts.
    Squat - 120lbs
    Press - 70lbs
    Powerclean - 95lbs

Feels good to lift such heavy weights! If we move I'll likely need to pick a new workout as I'll lose our weight stuff. So many things depend on whether this place sells. Meeting with the realtor tonight to choose a new plan of attack!

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you're doing great with those stats! I think you'll see that as you add weight, you'll get stronger first and then the fat will melt off.

I'm also getting back into shape after 2 kids. My youngest is 13 months and still nursing.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Wow, you're doing great with those stats! I think you'll see that as you add weight, you'll get stronger first and then the fat will melt off.

I'm also getting back into shape after 2 kids. My youngest is 13 months and still nursing.
    Thanks for the support! I did lift some in college to build strength as I played soccer.

Congrats on making it past a year nursing. I think my son is just about done, down to just mornings now of his own accord. But the morning snuggles are pretty nice.

Got in some great slow movement this morning. Took the kids over to a nearby state park and wandered around. We followed the trail for over a mile and watched the water fall over the dam for a while. Watching the water is so calming. We moved the price down to $170k on the house and have found several potential rentals. Lots of prayers going up that we can find a buyer so we can move on with life. What was crazy was that after DH and I spoke last night, an ad for Ravinia was on tv - that's where we want to move! I feel like that has to be some sort of sign, right? Luckily I start training for my new job Monday so at least I should be very busy for about 2 weeks.

Just did my 7th session of Starting Strength. Sitting down afterwards I just realized I made a mistake... I did 3 sets of deadlift! Guess I'm further from stalling on that than I was starting to think. Everything felt pretty heavy today though. I'm guessing I will start stalling soon on everything. And then I'll need to choose a new workout program. Really, I'm pretty happy with where all of my lifts are at this point, so would be okay moving on to a maintenance program.

Squat - 125
    Bench - 100
    Dead - 155 - oops, did 3 sets

Time to do some cleaning around the house in case we get lucky and have some showings soon (hopefully tomorrow!)

Session 8 of Starting Strength today. Squats continue to be easy. Only did 4, 5, 5 for press. Powerclean was tough but got through it all. Wrists were really hurting. Being the third day of my cycle I did anticipate that I would be a little weaker today. So I will go ahead and add weight again to everything next time. But I suspect I'm about to stall for press and power clean very soon.
    Squat - 130
    Press - 75
    Powerclean - 100

That means that everything but press is 100+! I think that's a pretty good accomplishment for a woman. If I can end this program with squat at my goal weight and dead at my current weight, I'll be ecstatic. Squat won't get there for another 6 workouts, but dead should be there in just 2 more, which would be 4.

Something got screwed up with K12 and now they're saying I'm not starting until next week. I am extremely pissed off as I had planned everything around starting today. But there's nothing I can do. I just can't believe there's no reason they're giving. If something is missing, I need to know about it. And if not, then I am not impressed at all by this company and might end up with them for only a short time. I had hoped I could stay with them, but if they can't even figure out to get my training started, that doesn't bode very well. NOT happy

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Session 8 of Starting Strength today. Squats continue to be easy. Only did 4, 5, 5 for press. Powerclean was tough but got through it all. Wrists were really hurting. Being the third day of my cycle I did anticipate that I would be a little weaker today. So I will go ahead and add weight again to everything next time. But I suspect I'm about to stall for press and power clean very soon.
    Squat - 130
    Press - 75
    Powerclean - 100

That means that everything but press is 100+! I think that's a pretty good accomplishment for a woman. If I can end this program with squat at my goal weight and dead at my current weight, I'll be ecstatic. Squat won't get there for another 6 workouts, but dead should be there in just 2 more, which would be 4.
    If these are your stats after only 8 workouts you're at least very good compared to me. My squat is 150, press is 100, bench is
    132 and DL (I don't do powerclean) is 175. And I'm a guy. And that's after like 30-40 workouts. I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm not giving up

Good luck
    well then

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast