Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 3

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wanted to note that I'm now well overdue this cycle, as in on day 32 and nothing. I'm finding it interesting that every other month seems to be a long cycle. So I wonder if something is up with one of my ovaries? Possibly something to discuss at my next OBGYN appointment. Maybe even a reason to sneak in an appointment at the end of June before our insurance switches over? I think we'll see how long this ends up being. Any females reading this have long cycles every other month?

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Pushups L2, still tough but getting easier
    Pullups L1, 15/5 and all 20, this was awesome to accomplish. I love seeing this progress!
    Squats L5, thinking just 1 more week and then going to L6
    Plank L2, right shoulder was bothering me on the side ones
    Lifted again yesterday. Same levels as last time.
    Pushups L2, fine until the last 5 or so on the second set. Hopefully 1 more week and then up to L3.
    Pullups L1, 20 both times here! Definitely tough, but great to get in all the reps without a break.
    Squats L5, Got dizzy mid-way through the second set, not sure what that was about.
    Plank L2, right shoulder was still bothering me on the side ones, but otherwise feeling stronger

I've been extremely dizzy tonight and I'm really tired. I'm wondering if it's the increase in sugar lately. I made gluten free brownies for DH's birthday yesterday. And we had pizza for dinner from his favorite pizza place. So my body could probably use some detoxing. I had a lot for dinner tonight, so I'm considering skipping breakfast tomorrow. But we'll see how I feel in the morning as I have to tutor at 9:30. Definitely about ready for bed.

Have made great progress on the house and we're ready for the cleaning phase. DH said he would do the bathrooms tomorrow. So I think I'll dust Tues, vaccuum Wed upstairs, downstairs Thurs plus windows, and then sweep the floors Fri. Don't plan to fully finish the floors until after DS's party as that seems it would be a waste. Hopefully we can keep everything tidy though! I wish I knew what God's plan was for us. I'm finding some great options for apartments and activities for the kids actually look to be a bit cheaper. Hopefully this is His plan and we can sell and get everything to work out. And if we could figure out this dizziness it would be amazing too. I hate feeling like this. Time for bed after DD comes to say good night. At least DH is home all day tomorrow and only 3 full days left!

I have been absolutely exhausted lately. Today isn't as horrible, but I have a sore throat and my upper back is super sore. Have been researching adrenal fatigue and think that might be the problem. With going on vacation Sunday there's not much I can do for now. Started back up with magnesium last night before bed though. Didn't help much as I slept 8:30-12 and then woke about every hour until 5:30 and have been up since. I took B complex, D3, and my prenatal vitamins with breakfast. So perhaps that accounts for the slightly higher energy. If just this helps that would be amazing. We will see what happens over the next few days.

Alright, I'm ready to quit. Where is my energy? I was in bed last night 8:30-7! I was likely asleep by 9:30, so that's nearly 10 hours of sleep. But by 10 this morning I was seriously ready for a nap. It's not that I didn't eat a good breakfast either - 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, green pepper and mushroom sauteed in coconut oil, raspberries and blueberries. I did forget to add salt to the eggs, been trying to up that intake lately. But this just isn't working for me. I've been super dizzy all day today as well. I just don't know what to do anymore. It doesn't help that our insuance changes 7/1 so I'm not interested in going to see a doctor right now. Plus I've seen 9 different doctors in the past 4 years and no one has found a thing. What in the world is going on?
    It doesn't help that nobody gets it either. DH is clueless and I feel bad. He doesn't get that sitting/laying on the couch looking at the computer doesn't really expend energy, but pretty much everything else does. I want to feel better, I really, truly do. Who would want to live exhausted and dizzy all the time? I wish there was something that would help!

Worked out today! The first time in a month I finally had the energy. And it felt great! I've only lost a little strength, as I did get through the whole routine at the same levels as last time. But the pull-ups were REALLY hard again. The planks actually felt okay, with NO shoulder pain, yahoo!
    L2 knee pushups - last 3 of each set tough but not too hard
    L1 chair assisted pull-ups VERY hard, have lost strength here
    L5 side to side squats - fairly easy
    L2 knee/forearm planks - easier than before, no shoulder pain

I plan to repeat this set next time and then hope to move up on the squats and planks.

My energy seems to have returned. So I'm starting to think that I was going through some major recovery and that's why I was so exhausted. I have maintained my weight of 182lbs over the past 6 weeks or so, but supposedly by body fat has gone down. So hopefully now that something has fixed itself I can get back to losing more weight. It would be awesome to be back to my pre-preg 1 weight when I go to the doctor next month. Either way, I finally have energy again! I'm going to stick with spinach for breakfast, adding salt to my food, and keeping my carbs at a medium level until it's not working anymore.

Feels so great to workout again.

Oh, I should mention that I am on day 3 of my cycle and NO cramps! Never in my life have I experienced this. I used to take 500mg of naprosyn 1-2x/day for the first 2 days of my cycle. I would wake up at night from them and often throw-up from the terrible pain. But this time I only discovered my period had started because I went to the bathroom and saw blood.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Glad your energy has returned. Not sure if it is the primal food or exercise that stops the period pains. I was surprised this month that i didn't have to take painkillers to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Glad your energy has returned. Not sure if it is the primal food or exercise that stops the period pains. I was surprised this month that i didn't have to take painkillers to cope.
    Definitely food. I played college soccer with no change in cramping.

Here we go with the rounds of doctors. Saw my gyno today in hopes he could start getting to the bottom of everything. Well, he said I need to go see an internist about the fatigue (which has returned). But did give me orders for thyroid function, stating that if it was low but normal before it certainly may have taken a nosedive. And he doing a urine culture to see if we can explain any of the bladder issues I've been having. I'm to return in 2 weeks and we'll see how things look. I did squeeze an appointment in to a regular doctor this Friday though. So maybe he'll have some ideas.

So I'm still sore from Sunday's workout! Did very little yesterday except the doctor and working. Played with the kids this morning, which did include some carthweels. They're fun when they get along with each other :-) I'm hoping I'm feeling a little better tonight as I'm playing 2 soccer games. Very tired today, but can't nap because I'm demoing (work) until 4:30. But last day of this. Looking forward to being able to possibly nap on Saturday and going forward from there.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    L2 knee pushups - last 3 of each set tough but not too hard
    L1 chair assisted pull-ups VERY hard, have lost strength here
    L5 side to side squats - fairly easy
    L2 knee/forearm planks - easier than before, no shoulder pain
    Worked out again today, despite being real tired all week. I've decided my body is just wacked out, so I have a new approach. With DH home and work lighter for the next month, I have the luxury of sleeping more - earlier to bed and napping. So I'm going to get back into working out, with the schedule I had hoped for over the summer months. Except for this coming week I will continue to have 1-2 soccer games on Wednesdays. So this week will be a little different in that I don't have that restriction. I did body weight training today, same levels as last time. The pull-ups were still pretty hard, and everything else felt good. So I'm going to stick with this for at least 1 more week. Monday morning I plan to do some sprints. Will have to get up early before tutoring at 9:30 as it will be hot later in the day. Wed in the 4th, either Wed/Th I am going to get in a weight training session using our weight room.

My plan going forward will be:
    Th - Body Weight Exercises
    Sat - Weight Training
    Mon - Sprints
    Wed - Soccer

Probably not the ideal cycle, but soccer is locked in and Saturdays I have time without the kids. This will give me time to rest between workout days though. If I am struggling I will first switch the body weight training to Sat, and perhaps switch off week to week with that. But I actually miss lifting weights and seeing my progression of what I can lift. I'm considering doing something like starting strength, but I need to first get my energy levels back up.

I also have resumed weight loss, finally down another pound. I feel like I can really see the progress in my stomach too, I know others can. So hopefully my fairly decent patience and not playing around with too much is working. I'm averaging just over 0.5lb/week. While that is considerably slower than I would like, at least it's something. It'll take me around a year to get to my previous happy weight at this rate, but that's okay. It's okay because it should stay off this time. Ideally I could get back into the 140's, but just have to see how my body does. As of today I'm 181lbs. I would like to be in the 160's by the time I turn 30. I can only imagine what rate I might start losing weight once my body fully heals itself from whatever damage I did with my eating, 2 pregnancies, and over 3 years of breastfeeding.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast