Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 16

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Alright, ate way too much food today. Have a headache from the chocolate soufflé at lunch. It was a wreck of a day going out to lunch with the ILs. And last night we went out for pizza. Just not feeling good today. So tomorrow I get back on track. No more junk for a while. I really do need to lose all this weight, once and for all. I'm going to reset the rest of my lifts tomorrow, but I think I might start the New Rules of Lifting for Women instead of Wendler's 531. I like the idea of doing Olympic lifts instead of just straight strength based things. If I remember, it eventually included sprinting as well. So I'm going to check it out when we go to the library this week. I'm just kind of frustrated with myself. I don't really care about the number on the scale, but I have a lot of belly and lower body fat to lose. So I need to sort this out.

I'm really struggling lately. I've eaten way too much ice cream this summer, blaming my lack of willpower on the warm temperatures. I got a cold and so have been really down the last week or so. I skipped lifting to try and give my body a break to recover from fighting off the cold. It's just about gone now.

I'm just not really sure what to do at this point. Other than the junk that I know I shouldn't be eating, I don't really enjoy food at all anymore. I can never think about what I want to have for dinner, or lunch. I eat basically the same things over and over. Perhaps that's my problem? I'm considering going to Trader Joe's to check out their prices and see if anything strikes me. I could easily start going with DS once a week after the school year begins. I'm thinking about taking the grocery shopping back to see what I can get organic and to keep the random crap out of the house.

I need to sort all this out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As I see some progress with the changes in my exercise toward more body weight exercises, I've decided I'm going to move even more that way for a while. Starting on Thursday, I'm going to do a quick routine 3x/week Th, Su, M. I'm also going to see how much I can get out and walk. I might need to go after the kids are in bed, but we've got sidewalks around here. I'm going to find some good songs and put them on my MP3 player and just get moving. DD goes to camp tomorrow, but DH is home still until next Wed. So I have 8 days with him around to try and get in more walking. I'll still be playing soccer on Wed nights, so that will be my sprinting. I'm going to be sure and put forth full effort when I'm there.

I also sat down and made a list of breakfast and dinner options. I'll get back to planning our meals and will be purposely including carbs for dinner 3-4 nights/week. I think I need that. One of the days while DD is at camp I'm going to head over to TJs and check out their prices. And this Saturday I'm going to try and get over to the Farmer's Market. I need more variety in what I'm eating so I enjoy it more and don't feel the need to turn to junk. I was back down to 172 this morning, so I haven't strayed too far off. My cold isn't fully gone either, so I know I still have some inflammation.

Hopefully this will work. I'm going to try using the Facebook workout thing that someone else posted. Of course, any time they prescribe pull-ups I will sub in a modified version until I get there. I like the look of them though, kind of like crossfit but not as crazy and all body weight. Let's be honest, I don't need to squat any amount of weight other than myself. I'm looking to be able to play soccer well and age gracefully. Perhaps I'll get back to weights later, but I think body weight exercises will help burn this body fat off without building a lot of extra muscle.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516