Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 14

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Squeezed in both lifting sessions this weekend. Looks to be a busy week, so didn't want to take the chance of missing. Did well on all the heavy lifts, completing 3 reps on the last set for squat, bench, and dead and 5 reps for press. Everything seems to be progressing pretty well. I also went for a short run before lifting today. The weather was warmer and I wanted to be sure my muscles were warm for dead lifting a heavy weight. While I have nothing to compare it to, being a brand new route as I hadn't gone running since we moved, I was happy to make it around the block without stopping. I just looked at gmaps and it was just under a mile. Either I'm in much better shape or the lack of hills makes that much of a difference. In any case, it was nice to feel strong. I also have been looking at my muscles a bit more lately. It seems to me that the layer of fat is growing smaller and everything is tightening up. Clothes are fitting better/looser.

I've been having some trouble with my stomach lately and I can't figure it out. I'm going to see if eliminating sugar this week helps. It might just be my body trying to build muscle and burn fat. I've been doing more IFing lately to try and get my stomach more under control. It continues to be amazing to me that I can go for long periods without eating because about a year ago I could rarely go more than 3 hours.

We joined Costco last night and bought some of their organic foods. I'm excited to get more organic things into my kids. They loved the raisins today and we had organic broccoli for dinner. We bought some snack foods we hadn't been buying, but I'd been thinking lately that we needed to get more snack foods for the kids. This back fired slightly as DS didn't eat dinner tonight because he was full on almonds and raisins. Definitely will go with a smaller amount tomorrow. His appetite is so hit or miss these days! I really just need to get some weight on these kids... DS is under 30 (3 in May) and DD is under 40 (5 in April). It will be interesting to see what the new doctor says next month!

Winning DH over a little more! We bought organic brocolli and green beans (both frozen) at Costco. DH's response... we need to eat the old stuff and never go back! We can taste the difference. We also bought some beef jerky and he seems to be gravitating towards that as a snack. So once we can afford to make enough food each week to provide him with dinner leftovers for lunch, he'll basically be fully on bard. This will be so nice, and I wonder if he'll gain more energy once we can. Summer should be much easier to fully make this transition as well. Still praying he gets a new job for the fall to make all of this financially easier on us.

I may be just about to break my 173 plateau with a loss next week. 2 out of the last 3 days I've weighed in at 172.8. And I'm due to start my period any day now. So that's pretty exciting. I also think I'm retaining a little extra water right now as I heal from taking a shot to face/arm on Thursday night at soccer. My left arm has a solid bruise and my left eyebrow hurts to be touched.

I got in the first half of the 4th round of Wendler's 531 today. Of course the weights felt quite easy, but it also was good to really focus on form at the lower weights. I think my body will appreciate a fairly light week this week as well. I'll get the second half in over the next few days.

I looked at myself in the mirror before taking a shower, and for the first time in a long time I liked what I saw. I could only see from my chest up, but that's always been my favorite part of my body. I still had my sports bra on from lifting, but could see my sculpted shoulders and my face is looking thinner as well. Seeing this makes me very excited that warm weather is around the corner. For the first time in many years I'm looking forward again to wearing my tank tops and sleeveless shirts to show off my upper body. And hopefully with more time I can start to lose more fat and get closer to a sculpted look on the bottom third of my body. I've definitely made a lot of progress and I'm looking forward to continuing to watch my transformations.

Definitely don't know what's up with the scale lately, or for that matter my body. Have had a weird appetite lately and been pretty sore. Hadn't lifted today since last Saturday though, so not sure why I was so sore. Maybe my body was wondering why I wasn't lifting? Very strange and not fun.

Did get in lifting today... day 1 week 1 of round 2. Plus added most of the PBF body weight stuff. Have to modify for pull-ups since I can't do any and I use a chair for assistance due to mushy ground. So I hung from the tree and tried to pull up as many times as possible. I couldn't finish the planks either, was just drained. Powered through push-ups just fine though, so if I get through them again will go up to the next level. I was doing it wrong before. So now, if I get through the exercise 2 times in a row, I will progress to the next level in PBF. This should help to challenge my body a bit more.

My plan for the next week is:
    Today: Squats, PBF
    Sun: Bench
    Mon: Dead, PBF
    Tu: Push press
    Wed: Rest
    Th: Soccer
    Fri: Rest

It's looking like nicer weather is headed in our direction so we should be able to head to the park or at least play in the yard more. This should allow me to space out my workouts to lifting 1 type per day and trying to get in 2 rounds of PBF each week. If things get tight I'll switch to lifting 2x/week and PBF in between days. We'll see how things progress this Spring. I'm so excited for the weather to be in the 40's it's kind of ridiculous.

Fit in day 3 lifting today - deadlift @135, 145, 155 x5,5,6. I skipped doing PBF because I'm still sore from Saturday. So I may wait on that for a bit. I think I might start doing PBF once a week on Thursdays once I go to Wednesday only soccer. Definitely nice to feel stronger.

I borrowed my MIL's sewing machine and made DD my first skirt ever. Definitely have some improvements to make in the future. But she loves it and can't wait to wear it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to making her more in the future and consider getting my own sewing machine. We'll see if making my skirt goes as smoothly!

Got in my push press today and then took the kids to the park for 1.5hrs. They sure do love to play outside. I can't wait for the warmer weather this weekend! On to the next cycle of lifting towards the end of the week. Thinking I might start the next round on Friday and do 1 thing each day Fri-Mon.

On to the next round of lifting, but my back is sore again today. I don't know what's up with it. But I think I will try those exercises again I did a week or two ago as they seemed to help. Scale continues to go wacko, but looking like I might see an overall loss tomorrow, if the trend continues. Wondering if my body holds onto water weight when I lift though, will be interesting to test this theory going forward. I'm enjoying the single lift in a day though, because it is pretty quick. Something I think I might be able to keep up even with DH gone as the weather warms up and the kids want to be outside. Supposed to be 58 tomorrow, woohoo!

Snuck in my lifting today, and think I discovered the problem with my back! It keeps bugging me, but it's definitely muscular. I was thinking that I have been pretty tight lately, but my hamstrings seem to be okay. The weight was feeling quite heavy today as well. So I decided to stretch my glutes before my final lift. And lo and behold, I lifted 160 5 times! That would be a new record for me. So I think I need to just keep being sure to stretch my glutes each day. I also haven't had any back pain since I did those stretches.

Tomorrow will find a few minutes to sneak in my presses, even if it's after the kids go to bed. I need to get back on plan with no wheat again as well to drop off this water weight I've collected the last few days. Should be easy enough with DH heading back to work. Stuck today's ham bone in the crockpot, so will make a soup out of that tomorrow/Tuesday. Should be quite yummy! Looking forward to ham for lunch this week as well without having to eat lunch meat. Money will be tight for this next month, so will likely need to dig into the stores of tuna we have in the cabinet for lunches. But that will provide plenty of protein and then we'll have other things for dinner leftovers on Fridays/Saturdays. Once May gets here and DH gets his track stipend we'll be fine again.

Ready for Spring weather!

Took the kids outside this afternoon and did my press workout. It's really nice how quick doing only 1 lift is. I think I'm going to stick with the Fri-Mon rotation. Looking forward to soccer on Wed.

Finished another round of heavy lifts today. Making some decent progress and really generally happy with where I'm at. Considering purchasing a pull-up bar next winter once it gets real cold and switching to body weight exercises for that portion of the year. Who knows what will be happening in life by then.

Squat - 160x3
    Bench - 115x3
    Dead - 170x1
    Press - 75x7

Was pretty surprised by the press reps and plan to increase my max by 10lbs for the next round. Nice to see that number increase finally though.

Max Calculated
    Squat - 175
    Bench - 125
    Dead - 180
    Press - 90

This puts me at an intermediate level for all lifts but deadlift. And I suspect my back is heavily influencing that number. I'm hoping that it will just start to strengthen and feel better. I should start to do the video I found a little while ago because it definitely hits the problem area. I just keep seemingly forgetting about it.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast