Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 13

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm sure this is all in my head, but I had to practically choke down breakfast despite being quite hungry. Fresh prganic spinach, red peppers, 1 organic egg, and part of an orange. Really not much food. I made 6 eggs this morning intending to eat 2-3, but after a couple bites I was hoping my son would have a hungry morning and he ate 4 eggs (he's 2.5)! Stomach is making noises now, maybe I'm getting sick?

No stamina at soccer last night and felt very slow. What is going on with my body?!

Well, my period showed up. It's amazing how torn I feel about this. But now we keep moving forward. Which means from now until 3/21 I'm going to pay close attention to what my body needs and stay away from treats. I'm going to eat as many organic things as possible within our budget. I ordered an organic chicken from our CSA and I'm looking forward to cooking that for dinner on Sunday. Already planned the meals for next week as well. Will definitely be getting in my weight lifting tomorrow and am hoping for a bonus session on Monday since DH has the day off. I also hope to start getting outside with the kids more as the weather warms up.
    I wrote and sent DH a letter today about everything I've been feeling lately. I might regret sending it later, but I really needed to say it all. I can't keep pretending like everything is okay. My MIL asked about us coming over this weekend. She says she "understands" how tough it is when working opposite schedules but then pushes us to spend time with them. If she really got it, she would understand that Sunday is our only day as a family. Even though there is no school Monday, DH still has practice in the morning and the kids have gymnastics. Saturdays are practice in the morning, store in the afternoon. I don't want to spend Sunday at her house right now and I don't want her cooking. Especially now that we are trying to take control over the chemicals. I don't like how she cooks things or the food she chooses. And in case anyone is reading this, she wants us there, having them here just wouldn't be the same. I don't like going over there because I have to watch my kids constantly as well. Not to mention they feel the need to just have the TV on. She had it on while they ate dinner last time she babysat! No wonder the kids were up at the crack of dawn the next day - they don't need any more distractions while eating. Some days I want to just pack up my family and move away from everyone. Go find a small cabin in the woods where we could grow our own food, raise our own animals and not have to deal with other people. She was just here 2 weeks ago to babysit - 2.5 hours with the kids all to herself. So it's not about spending time with the kids. I don't understand the desire to have the kids there, especially since she spends the time cooking and having them watch TV. And then we have to eat what she thinks is good food. Perhaps once the weather is nicer and we can grill. But then I have to worry about the kids in their yard. DS got stung by a bee and FIL didn't even believe him although his hand was all puffy and red. Gah, I have to stop thinking about all of this. I would really like to go lift or go for a long run with some music blasting right now. But the kids are asleep in their bed. I suppose I'll get some work done so I can go to be at a reasonable hour tonight.
    Sorry for the rambling.

Weighed in at 173 this morning. One cool thing when I was weighing myself... I can see the scale without leaning one way or the other! I have to look between my boobs, but my belly is finally flat enough. Somewhat amazing since this is the second day of my cycle! Hoping to be down even lower next week with the clean eating I am planning.

Got in a great workout this afternoon as well. Definitely stuck at some of the weights, but they're solid numbers so it's not so terrible. Will try again next week to see if I can break through when not menstruating. 3x5 of everything but only one set for deadlift

Squat - 125lbs - fine
    Lat Pull - 77.5 - very tough
    Bench - 100 - could only do 3 reps at 105 so dropped down for the rest
    Deadlift - 155 - couldn't get the bar off the supports to even start at 160. my hands appear too weak to hold the bar past 155 so this will take some time to strengthen my grip. warmer weather so I don't have to wear gloves should help as well.

While I'm not focusing on weight loss any more, it's very nice to see the scale moving lower. I am hoping to be rid of most of the jiggle around my stomach by the time summer arrives. I will continue to lift on Saturdays and play at the park when it's warm enough and hope that's enough. After this session I'm thinking I will drop back to one soccer league. I'm considering getting back into the New Rules of Lifting for Women once DH is done coaching track.

Wrote an email to DH last night and he wrote back. We talked a little last night but more today. I think we're in a better place now and ready to move forward. Might need to start renting a move on Saturday nights as something to do together. Too bad everything out is always garbage! Feeling less stressed now though, which hopefully let my body settle down more.

Started Wendler's 5/3/1 today. I'm going to see if I can sneak a second day in during the week for 2 day a week schedule. But otherwise it'll just take me 8 weeks to get through the program. I'm not in a hurry to increase my lifts, so that will be okay. I like how it's a very quick workout. I can already feel it in my legs though.

Might be related to having sex twice today though too. It seems my sex drive is finally returning!

lockettlodge is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I feel like I can relate to your story... I just turned 30 in January. I have two kids- boys ages 5 and 7, so I started a little earlier Also, my husband and I are both teachers.

I'm 5'5'' and started this journey at over 180. Now I'm down to 160. You are definitely ahead of me on the fitness side of things, though. I did my first sprint today and only got through 4 out of the 6 I had planned before I decided to take a long walk to cool down. Congratulations on your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by lockettlodge View Post
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I feel like I can relate to your story... I just turned 30 in January. I have two kids- boys ages 5 and 7, so I started a little earlier Also, my husband and I are both teachers.

I'm 5'5'' and started this journey at over 180. Now I'm down to 160. You are definitely ahead of me on the fitness side of things, though. I did my first sprint today and only got through 4 out of the 6 I had planned before I decided to take a long walk to cool down. Congratulations on your progress!
    Thanks for stopping by! I played soccer in college so I've always been in decent shape. I love feeling strong and that motivates me to keep going. Make it your goal to add 1 more sprint next time you go out. Adding a little more each time lead to big gains over time.

So a little sore today in my lower body. My back is acting up and I can't figure out why. I think I just need to push through and build it stronger though. Looking like I might be able to fit in a second day of lifting tomorrow night. Depends on my tutoring schedule of course. But it would be nice to fit that in. I should be able to get in 2 days next week since DH will have Monday off as well.

Hoping for a good week with the kids as we head into March!

Completed a second day this week, so did deadlift and shoulder press. My lower back is really bothering me, so I'm hoping that by strengthening it I can feel better. No more lifting again until Saturday to give my body time to recover. Will likely only be playing soccer once this week as well since DH has a meet on Thursday and it looks like my game isn't until 9. Supposed to get some snow tomorrow, so should get some exercise in shoveling too.

Got in my lifting yesterday - round 2 of squats and bench. Somehow I'm up about 2lbs this week though. I was bugging DH about him not eating enough last night - he'll skip meals then be super tired and get sick. His response to me? I'm worried about you too... you've been losing a lot of weight lately. I thought he was saying it in jest, since I haven't lost anything except the same 2lbs since the beginning of December. But he continued, saying my stomach was getting small. I agree, I'm getting slimmer as my jeans fitting better and I have a new (old, smaller) pair I fit into now! So I'm thinking of switching to only weighing once a month. I'm getting stronger and feeling better, so I don't really care about the number on the scale. I'm never going to get to a weight that puts me at a "normal" BMI, especially as I continue to lift. That would require a 32lb from yesterday's weigh in. Maybe in 5yrs or something, but I've never been under upper 150's since I can remember.

My littlest is using the potty now, so I'm done with diapers except at night. Such a wonderful feeling and I'm so proud of him to get here before he turns 3!

And so we soldier on.

PrimalCon New York
    Round 2 for the week complete... dead and push. Realized after the first set of push press that I was doing the wrong number of reps! Oops. Should make next week's work out with 3 sets of 1 a bit easier though I suspect. My lower back is still bothering me a bit, I don't know what to make of it. Definitely not as bad as last week though, so perhaps it's working on healing itself. No more lifting until at least Saturday, so a bit of a break. Although will have 2 soccer games this week!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast