Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 11

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well done, you. That's a great milestone and keep up the good work. Also, it sounds like you are far more likely to have gained than lost muscle. As long as your clothes are fitting looser, and scale still coming down overall, why worry about bodyfat%?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Well done, you. That's a great milestone and keep up the good work. Also, it sounds like you are far more likely to have gained than lost muscle. As long as your clothes are fitting looser, and scale still coming down overall, why worry about bodyfat%?
    I was mostly hoping to track a downward trend. But clearly the number from the scale is useless, so I will not longer be tracking it. Thanks for the comment!

Got in my PBF this morning, and this cold seems to be on its way out. I haven't had access to work email for over 24 hours now, so I'm praying there's nothing pressing sitting in my inbox. I hope it isn't because of the storm, since that hasn't even hit yet. Offices are in NY, but not sure where the main servers are. I can still connect to the tutoring service, and did for a demo this afternoon. So who knows what's up.
    Feeling pretty good though and ready to tackle this crazy week. Hard to believe also that 3 weeks from Tuesday the movers are coming. Can't wait to get into the new house to start the next chapter of our lives!

With all the chatter about lifting heavy on the boards lately, I've gotten bored with PBF. So for my workout today I made some room and went back to the barbell. I like to get my workout done with quickly, so SS isn't really for me. Instead, I'm choosing some of the core lifts so I can do supersets. I'm also adding some of knee rehab exercises to make sure my injuries don't return. Here's what I did today:

Bench - 75lbs - 3 sets of 5 (started at 65 and built up to 75 as a good, heavy weight)
    with Hamstring curls with ab ball - Knee Rehab focus on stability - 3 sets of 15
    Squat - 100lbs - 3 sets of 5 (started at 95)
    with Lat Pull down - 60lbs - 3 sets of 5 (started with 55)

Plan to add 5lbs to Bench and Squat, 2.5lbs to Lat Pull Down each time. Will do the following rotation for my next workout though:

Deadlift
    with Lat Pull down
    Press
    with single leg squats on trampoline (knee/ankle rehab)

Will determine weights at next workout. Still going to try and stick with 3x/week Sat/M/Th since soccer starts back up Wed. We start our move in 2 weeks, so will have a week off while we're in transition. I'm kind of shocked at how much strength I appear to have lost taking just a few weeks off from weight training. We will see how quickly I can get back up closer to body weight with all my lifts.

After being upset about losing strength, I looked back through my journal and discovered it's been over 3 months since I lifted! No wonder I lost so much strength. And really, I've probably lost <10lbs/month.

While in the shower I realized I'm starting to like what I see. My old toned thighs are still there under the fat, and they're starting to come to the surface! This may be what I need to get me through the holidays without overindulging. I ate way too much candy this week. So back to allowing myself a treat only on workout days, and limiting to 1 piece of candy instead of the 5-6 pieces I've been eating. After the holidays are over I might even go real clean for a while since after Christmas there's only 1 holiday until April. And for Valentine's Day we can just do dark chocolate with fruit.

3 months until I turn 30 and I want to see my old body back!

Got in my workout yesterday...
    Press 50lbs
    Single leg squats on trampoline - will be great for my recurring sprained ankle!
    Deadlift - 135lbs
    Lat Pull down - 62.5lbs

Feeling a little sore today, but I bet it will go away as the day goes on. Looking forward to some broccoli cheddar soup tonight using the chicken broth from last night's chicken - cooked overnight in the crockpot.

Still plugging along. Got in weight training Thursday and today. Kept deadlift at 135 today because last time it was hard. Today felt a little better, but I'm thinking one more week at this weight. Trampoline work is really working my stabilizers as I am having trouble doing it. So I'll definitely keep that in the routine until I'm more stable. Should help me with not getting injured playing soccer. Not sure how many more lifting sessions I'll get in before we start pulling apart the weight bench for the move. At most I'm thinking 3, but more likely only 2 (M/Th). So excited to get into the new place though! 1 week from tomorrow we will start taking stuff over to the new house. This past week has been WAY stressful with some mortgage glitches. But it appears everything should be smooth sailing from here.

Work has been pretty crazy lately as I've been accepting more responsibility for one of my jobs. I think it's pushing me to my breaking point for quitting the job I don't enjoy. I'm targeting the Monday after Thanksgiving to give notice, since this week is a 4 day week and the next is a 3 day week. Might as well take a couple hungdred more of their money! I'm not sure how long they'll want me to stick around for. Haven't decided if I want to tell them the real reasons I'm leaving or just leave it at "There aren't enough hours in the day." I feel like I should make them aware that the job has not been what it was made out to be at all for the sake of future employees. I think I'll go with the short version unless they ask for feedback.

Alright, well, off to shower while the house is empty! Can't believe one week from today we'll be finishing up packing.

Got in my lifting yesterday. Up to 80 on bench and 110 on squat without much difficulty. Also up to 70 on lat pull down, which means I'm closer to doing a pull-up! I think I need to get that to about 100 before I have hope of even doing negatives. I think we have a tree at the new house that I can use to try pull-ups on. So perhaps won't need to buy a bar. Ples I'm guessing the park nearby will have a bar. 1 week until the movers come!

Been a long time since I've written as I got wrapped up in the move. But we're fully settled now. I am starting over with my weight loss numbers since we're in a new house. So my start was 175lbs a week ago and yesterday already down to 173lbs. We haven't put the weight bench together yet, so I haven't been exercising. But I've been walking a ton with setting up the house and I'm still playing soccer.

Woke up this morning extremely dizzy. I wish I knew what was causing it! Looks like it's here for the day, should make gymnastics interesting. Hopefully this is just a single day thing and I'll wake up tomorrow feeling better. Have a semi-busy week ahead, so I can't feel like this every day.

I've fallen way off the wagon this past week, indulging in many Christmas treats. I've also made regular pizza the past few weeks. I never saw much of a reaction to a little wheat here and there. But the pain in my body has been steadily growing this past week and my kids' sleep has been deteriorating. This morning when I got DS out of bed my legs nearly collapsed on me as I carried him to our bed. That was super scary! So I just ordered the 4 different flours I need to make a gluten free mix. It'll take a week to get here, but then I am going to try and use it in baking recipes for our other treats. And once we get back from our trip to AZ, we're going to be fully gluten free as a house. I'll make some gluten bread, but this time we're trying it 100%. I have a feeling it's going to change some moods around here. Kind of glad I discovered this though.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast