Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding my healthy self after 2 kids page 10

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I have been MIA as life has been crazy. We have accepted an offer on the house, from the original people. So we spent many weekends and even weekdays house hunting. Meanwhile work picked up for all my jobs. I recently started tutoring a new client in person as well. So I've been working a ton. About a week ago we found an awesome house and our offer was accepted. We'll be moving back to my hometown, which is great. But for the next 6 weeks we'll need to work on packing everything up and making donations. Definitely a crazy time and I have fallen off the exercise wagon. I am still playing soccer once a week, so still getting some movement in, but no weight training. And at this point, I'm thinking it's likely that I won't have time again until the new year.

The good news that I continue to trend downwards with my weight. Not significant losses, but I'm now under a pound away from having lost 10% of my body weight and a pound away from having lost 20lbs! I've been staying on track with eating for the most part. Finding pick up food without wheat can be quite difficult though, so I've strayed more than I'd like. This should settle down for a while though now that we're staying home and trying to save up as much as possible. I'm hoping I can pass the 20lb mark before we move. But we shall see. I only have a few months before I turn 30, so perhaps I will see what exercise I can sneak in. I just realized I have just over 3 months until my birthday. Lots of life to live before then and a great opportunity to truly be in the best shape of my life. I think I'll try to get in more exercise starting Monday. Tomorrow we're taking the kids to a pumpkin farm, so that will provide plenty of walking.

Realizing I have just under 4 months until I turn 30, I'm recommitting to exercising. DH is home today and took the kids to gymnastics while I stayed home to work. Before sitting down at the computer I went into the basement and got in my workout. So it's checked off for the day. Felt good to get it in, although I've definitely lost some strength. Did the same workout as last time, exactly one month ago. Going to try and fit in PBF 3x/week until we move. Once we have the weight bench set back up I think I'll go back to lifting, but choose a new routine for myself. I really like circuit training and I think I'l go with that. Feels good to get back to exercising though!

My workout pants feel much looser which is nice. I was a bit surprised, although I have lost 3.5lbs since I last wore them. Yay for small victories.

Snuck in PBF this morning before heading to DD's soccer. I have definitely lost some strength and struggled with the pushups. Hoping to start feeling better by Monday though. I really don't have much of an excuse to not work out when this only takes about 20 minutes. Definitely sore in several places as well. It'll be interesting to see where my weight is this weekend.

I've lost 10% of my starting weight... 175lbs today! I feel like I should do something to celebrate but we're not spending extra money on things until after we move. Very exciting though. More later after I workout today.

Two good things accomplished today already! I went over to the bank and deposited nearly all my savings bonds. Will be more than enough for the downpayment on our new house. Looking like we will have a good chunk left over in savings as well. That will help us relax more once we're moved and not scrambling to rebuild savings. Such a blessing to be prepared so well financially by my parents. Found out all 3 of credit scores are over 800 as well, woohoo!

I also got in my PBF exercise today. Whoever says they don't have time to fit in exercise really hasn't tried this workout yet. 20-25 minutes and it kicks my butt each time.

L4 Push-ups - back to previous comfort level, another week and time to move up?
    L2 Pull-ups - feeling okay, need to check out what the next level is
    L6 Bulgarian Squats - back to previous comfort level, likely another 2-3 weeks though until ready to move up
    L3 Hands/Feet Plank - my hands were hurting! another week I think until ready for forearms/feet
    L4 Forearm/Feet Sideplank - really struggled on the left side second set, not even thinking about the next level yet

Definitely a tired body after today's workout, but it feels good. Ready to relax with my family for the rest of the day on this rainy, fall day.

No weight change this week, but I figure that actually as an accomplishment because I'm at the end of my period today. Hopefully will be up for a loss next week! Didn't work out this Thursday because I was having terrible stomach pains. It appears related to my period as it was gone Friday morning. Hopefully won't see that again next month! Yesterday was a horrible day with the kids, but got through it and today was better.

10/17 was the 7yr anniversary of my mom's death, so that has made it a rough week. I made a cake in honor of her on Friday. Not wanting to mess with a new recipe, it was made with flour. But I used all butter instead of vegetable oil, so a little bit better? In any case, it's very good and we've been enjoying it yesterday and today. Will likely be gone tomorrow, then back to normal eating habits.

Got in PBF today while the kids were at the store with DH. Everything is still feeling pretty good, might need to start increasing soon.
    L4 pushups - ok
    L2 pull-ups - need to check out what L3 is, unsure if I'll need a real pullup bar for them
    L6 squats - might go up again soon
    L4 plank - both ways - felt ok

Lots of work to get done tomorrow! Feeling pretty good overall, and heading into what promises to be an intense month. Everything seems to be falling into place though.
    10/24 - sell current house
    10/27 - town t or t at businesses
    10/31 - halloween
    11/6 - election - VOTE! need to research what/who I'm voting for
    11/16 - buy new house
    11/18-20 - MOVE!
    11/22 - Thanksgiving
    11/23 - RELAX

Got in my PBF for the day.
    L4 Pushups - good
    L2 pullups - checking on next level
    L6 squats - second set was tougher
    L4 planks - good

Debating whether to work out today. I have a killer cold and am quite achey. Had trouble sleeping last night. Worried that working out will zap the rest of my energy. But want to give it a try on the chance it pushes everything through me. Anybody reading this have a thought one way or the other? Do you work out with a head cold?

Sucked it up and got in PBF. Made me feel a little better actually, so I'm glad I did it. I just didn't increase any levels like I had planned to. Maybe next time I'll be feeling better. At least now I have a reason to feel sore if I am. Really looking forward to soup for dinner tonight! Cooking in the crockpot all day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weighing in at 172.8 this morning, I have finally passed the 20lbs lost mark! And not just squeaking by, but I'm down 21.6lbs! Getting below 170 could really happen by Christmas. In fact, it *might* even happen by Thanksgiving! And I can totally see getting down to my college weight of 165 by my 30th birthday. I've decided to ignore the fat % on the scale as well. Despite weighing at the same point in the day (after using the bathroom, before eating/drinking), on the same day of the week (Saturday), the scale claims I have only lost 3.5% body fat! Hmm, somehow I don't think I've lost over 6lbs of muscle considering that I continue to work out and get stronger through this process.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast