Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikini/ Fitness Competion page

bchanel is offline Member

Bikini/ Fitness Competion

Shop Now
    Although I think it would be fun to compete, I have a long way to go before I'm stepping into a bikini. However, I would like to atleast look like a bikini/ fitness model. I would like to follow a prep type diet, but can't find anything by footling. Well, except for Jaquelyn Kay, whose body I love! Anyways, I hate the 6 meal a day approach. I'd rather eat fewer bigger meals. Does anyone have experience with doing this kind of stuff eating primal? I want the lean, toned look but most women with that look seem to follow the low carb, low fat and high protein advice. Any advice on how to eat primal to look like a bikini/ fitness competitor?
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    LeanGains...

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    LeanGains...
    Yep.

bchanel is offline Member
    LeanGains...
    I've seen that in the forums. I was under the assumption it was morsel for muscle gain, but from the looks of it, it looks like it can be used for fat loss and building some muscle. Thanks!
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    LeanGains...
    You don't have to do leangains to look like a bikini model. Not even to look like a fitness competitor.

To the OP, the look of a bikini model and fitness competitor are pretty different: the differences being in amount of muscle mass and amount of body fat. Bikini models tend to have less muscle and more body fat (usually around 17-19% body fat). Fitness competitors usually have higher amounts of muscle mass and less body fat (usually around 13-16% body fat). For sustainability, I highly highly highly recommend you strive for the look a bikini model. It's maintainable long term (assuming you get there in a reasonable manner). The low body fat of a fitness competitor is harder to maintain and not healthy long term.

You don't need lean gains to look like a bikini model. All you need to do is maintain whatever muscle mass you currently have by eating sufficient muscle mass and getting a good lifting routine (some girls can even achieve the look through bodyweight exercises). The looks is more about body fat levels so you need to eat in a way that is sustainable FOR YOU and allows you to drop weight. Once you hit around 24%, don't be surprised if it fat loss slows down. If you want to reach those lower body fat levels and maintain it though, take it slow. Fast fat loss usually ends up in rebounding.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    You don't have to do leangains to look like a bikini model. Not even to look like a fitness competitor.

To the OP, the look of a bikini model and fitness competitor are pretty different: the differences being in amount of muscle mass and amount of body fat. Bikini models tend to have less muscle and more body fat (usually around 17-19% body fat). Fitness competitors usually have higher amounts of muscle mass and less body fat (usually around 13-16% body fat). For sustainability, I highly highly highly recommend you strive for the look a bikini model. It's maintainable long term (assuming you get there in a reasonable manner). The low body fat of a fitness competitor is harder to maintain and not healthy long term.

You don't need lean gains to look like a bikini model. All you need to do is maintain whatever muscle mass you currently have by eating sufficient muscle mass and getting a good lifting routine (some girls can even achieve the look through bodyweight exercises). The looks is more about body fat levels so you need to eat in a way that is sustainable FOR YOU and allows you to drop weight. Once you hit around 24%, don't be surprised if it fat loss slows down. If you want to reach those lower body fat levels and maintain it though, take it slow. Fast fat loss usually ends up in rebounding.
    "You don't need lean gains to look like a bikini model." Nope, you don't. If you want to mess around and try to lose fat that's fine. If you want to get down to the % you are probably looking for, lean gains is a structured approach that will get you there. If you want to eat big meals, its even a better fit. Like I said, you can screw around (fuckarounditis) or you can get the job done and be really satisfied with the results. To get to that level takes discipline and hard work. You need a plan

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I don't understand your post, Fernaldo.

I'm currently at 18-19% body fat -- which puts me into the bikini model category there -- and I have never done LeanGains.

Becoming primal and following the basics of the primal blueprint (in terms of movement and eating) has created this to happen. Admittedly, I wasn't coming from a place of being very overweight. I transitioned from being 20-22% body fat to 18-19% body fat. It wasn't a massive leap, and I didn't loose a lot of weight really (i think about 8 lbs or something).

Nevertheless, I wasn't "messing around and trying to loose fat" nor did I have "fuckarounditis."

I suppose if I did want to get down to 15% body fat, I'd need to do two things:

1. lift heavier;

2. rebalance my PB to fit the needs of my body with lifting heavier.

Notice that neither one involves Lean Gains?

I'm not saying that the protocol doesn't work, I'm just saying that the protocol isn't absolutely necessary IMO.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Zoe. Following the paleo style of eating can get one to 18-20% with out much difficulty. Also there are so many better ways to spend your money before you start taking a supplement (burner). Buy better quality grass fed meats for instance. Thats one of the best ways you can incease your health. As a personal trainer and nutrutional coach i do think there is room for supplementation in ones diet. However one can get amazing results by buying organic and eating clean. Dollar for dollar spend it on quality foods and use minerals, vitamin D and omega3s as your foray into supplementation. Anything that sounds too good or like a quick fix is a waste of money.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Oh and yes!! Lift heavier weights!!!

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    "You don't need lean gains to look like a bikini model." Nope, you don't. If you want to mess around and try to lose fat that's fine. If you want to get down to the % you are probably looking for, lean gains is a structured approach that will get you there. If you want to eat big meals, its even a better fit. Like I said, you can screw around (fuckarounditis) or you can get the job done and be really satisfied with the results. To get to that level takes discipline and hard work. You need a plan
    You have clearly drunk the kool-aid

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast