Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last time you bought food that was packaged? page

Issabeau is offline Senior Member

Last time you bought food that was packaged?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you remember?

I'm not talking about a wrapped buffalo steak at the local health food store.
    I'm talking about foods (organic, labelled healthy, or junk) that are packaged in card board.
    Is there anything you still buy that's packaged since going primal?

My packaged food is Butternut Squash Bisque Soup. It tastes meh...but I only open one up when I'm too lazy to cook.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate, butter, tea

Devain is offline Member
    I just bought packaged food from the vending machine at work. I under-packed my lunch, and the best choice was a snack pack with half an apple, a hard boiled egg, and 10 grapes (plus half a wheat mini-bagel and cream cheese which are both equally unappealing.) Does that count?
    Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and youre not in this world to live up to mine. ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I bought some sausages and jerky this week. Oh, and some wine. Probably the worst packaged food that I have occasionally is stevia-sweetened sodas like Blue Sky and Zevia.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    A tortilla with ingredients potato, egg, onion, olive oil and salt, last week.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Chocolate, butter, tea
    Ah, those don't count! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devain View Post
    I just bought packaged food from the vending machine at work. I under-packed my lunch, and the best choice was a snack pack with half an apple, a hard boiled egg, and 10 grapes (plus half a wheat mini-bagel and cream cheese which are both equally unappealing.) Does that count?
    Yeah, that would count. Pretty good though considering what other options are out there.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had family staying with me for a week where we did lots of driving. I bought a few boxes of granola bars, crackers, and fruit bars for the in the car. The family is not primal and I figured it was still better then getting fast food.

For myself, about 3 months ago I had a terrible day. I went out and bought a package of oreo cookies. I ate about 15 cookies in one sitting. I threw up about about an hour later
    Last edited by jammies; 04-21-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

I bought some sausages and jerky this week. Oh, and some wine. Probably the worst packaged food that I have occasionally is stevia-sweetened sodas like Blue Sky and Zevia.

A tortilla with ingredients potato, egg, onion, olive oil and salt, last week.

You folks don't stray too far from 'true' primal.

My husband occassionally buys pop corn, corn chips, yogurt and mexican sauces in a can.
    95% of the time we get to the register with only fresh produce. We also don't bag fruit such as bananas or oranges. Our consumer waste is nearly 0.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I had family staying with me for a week where we did lots of driving. I bought a few boxes of granola bars, crackers, and fruit bars for the in the car. The family is not primal and I figured it was still better then getting fast food.

For myself, about 3 months ago I had a terrible day. I went out and bought and package of oreo cookies. I ate about 15 cookies in one sitting. I threw up about about an hour later
    It must be reassuring to know that your body has the appropriate reaction.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast