Thread: Primal loopholes! page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I just justified buying strawberry Mentos because coconut oil is one of the ingredients. Hydrogenated but fun, fun, FUN!! aside from that though I bought a butt load of red meat and even some Bison filets that I'm dying to dig into. I'm reserving those for a special night with the gf, some red wine and presumably some baby making of the fruitless variety (think about it)

anybody want to take a guess at what the main ingredient in mentos is? I'll clue ya, it was the nickname of the following boxers...

Shane Mosley

Ray Leonard

Ray Robinson

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

I forgot to mention that I bought some coconut oil, but the only kind Shoprite had was extra virgin and it said it was best suited for medium heat sauteing. I just cooked a ribeye and some eggs with it. I can't really tell a difference in flavor but the oil itself looks good. It's waxy at room temp, that's normal I assume? (can you eat it? it smelled great. I know some people have a spoon full here and there..)

Edit: sorry, last one. There IS a coconut-y taste to it, it's good!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

"Extra Virgin" is a misnomer for CO, since it's not pressed like Olive Oil or anything. They're just trying to tell you that it's unrefined, which is a good thing (in my opinion anyway!). The refined stuff is flavorless, and a bit dull for my taste. It is saturated fat, so it will be "waxy" (which I assume means solid) at room temperature, just like bacon fat or tallow or other saturated fats. You could taste it for sure, at least then you'll know what all the hype is about!

ETA: Glad you tried it! The steak must have just masked the flavor.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan