Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Meal Today Was......................... page

dbalch is offline Senior Member

My Primal Meal Today Was.........................

Couldn't find the original thread, but I like this idea of people posting their meals. Thought I'd try to start a new one.

My primal breakfast was.................nothing. Fasted until Noon. Walked 4 miles at moderate space on a lovely nature trail near my home. Did four 100 yard sprints afterwards. Not sprinting all out. Still protecting a quadracep strain.

Came home, took 10 grams of branched chain amino acids, then lifted weights for half an hour. Legs only. 3 sets of increasing weights, each time to exhaustion. Did some pilates style back exercises as well.

Prepared a new recipe for liver pate, with a pound of grass fed beef liver I bought from a local farmer. It was fantastic!!!! This is how I'll be eating my liver from now on.

Here's the link to the recipe. Beef and Chicken Liver Pâté | Free The Animal

Made a liver pate sandwich out of it, using Whole Foods brand gluten free sandwich bread with slice of goat cheese and a liberal dollop of Dijon mustard. Then had a bowl of chicken broth I made yesterday. I took most of the bones from the broth and Vitamixed i.e. liquefied them into the broth. Added some potatoes and broccoli to the broth.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Marinated chicken breast and kale cooked in a tomato sauce/red wine and beef broth reduction for lunch.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Caesar salad (homemade egg yolk avocado oil dressing with extra anchovy!!!), bacon wrapped steak bites dipped in horseradish purple onion dip, roasted chipotle sweet potato slices, and strawberries in cream for dessert. Dinner party the primal way!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently not eating in the mornings. Sort of a loose variation of lean gains style. Broke the fast at 12:50 with one hard boiled egg, four fried eggs, an avocado, and about a cup or so of frozen blueberries.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    So far today...Some cold leftover fish from last night's dinner, a small piece of cold meatloaf from two night's ago dinner, 3 hard boiled eggs, a small piece of dark chocolate, some coffee, and my once per month navel orange...when I next get hungry (it is only 12:40pm here on the pacific coast) it will be some chicken and a poopload of spinach with pesto and a little cream.
    Last edited by jojohaligo; 04-21-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I had a bowl of scrambled eggs and a banana. Went for a hike. Hiked up. Had some nuts and dried blueberries. Hiked down. Had pemmican for lunch. We'll see what's for dinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

anthonyc is offline Junior Member
    7 mile walk with some sprints and stair sprints. then later broke my fast around 5pm with about 16oz of grassed beef and some spinach and garlic with coconut oil and a bit of olive oil as well.

Laura B is offline Member
    For lunch I had homemade grass-fed meatballs with Eden Organic Spaghetti Sauce. I was out and about so for dinner I went to Earth Fare and had some rosemary honey-mustard chicken breast, Swai, baked asparagus w/olive oil, and sauteed zucchini and peppers. They list the ingredients and the zucchini was sauteed in olive oil. And a kombucha.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I had 2 chicken legs with back and 2 cups of broccoli both steamed and covered with grated cheddar for brunch. Supper was Roast chicken breast and a big ass salad. I am about to have a half cup of goat yoghurt with maple syrup in it.

This morning I walked 2 miles in the rain and played in the pool with my son.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have to catch up tommorow since saturday is my cheat day.....closest thing to primal was sushi buffet with lots of fish, seaweed, oysters, and clams followed up with some fruit for lunch...it included soy sauce and rice, not completely horrible and was after my BBS lifting session. Dinner wass so far off the reservation that I wont bother listing it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast