Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Trans fat is causing my inflammation. page

rkd80 is offline Member

Help! Trans fat is causing my inflammation.

Primal Fuel
    So I posted a thread earlier a week detailing my battle with inflammation in the form of bursitis/tendonitis/etc. I have been primal for 40 days and doing very well. yesterday I accidentally ate fried food (deep fried crap cofirmed by waitress later) at a fancy restaurant, not realizing what I was eating. Anyway, today my pains are firing like crazy. I read somewhere it takes 9 months for 1 gram of trans to leave. is there any way I can speed up the process?

As well, how is it that I am so sensitive to it? I see people eating trans fats all around me, yet one gulp and my pains are unbearable? Am I allergic to it? is there such a thing?

Any help appreciated.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure it was the transfats that did it? It could also be that you consumed a large amount of omega-6 fatty acid which is producing inflammation.

I would take a dose or two of Omega-3 fats for a day or too and see if that helps.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

rkd80 is offline Member
    The reason I am sure is because I have eaten lots of omega-6 acids before as well in the past 30 days. Either from salad dressings or a combination of omega-6 rich foods like sunflower seeds, etc. Can one day of a screwed up o3:06 ratio be so reactionary?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy it that it will take 9 months for a gram of transfats to leave your body, whatever the hell that means. I was already feeling infinitely better, with my aching feet no longer aching, within just a couple months of being on this diet. If you have bursitis or something like achilles tendonitis or a similar one that's hard to get rid of, the diet change is a boon but it's not a miracle cure. It's going to take more than just a diet change to cure it. And the opposite is also true, bad fats aren't going to be an instant "miracle" harm.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    And was the deep fried food crumbed? If it was, that is your culprit, not the trans fats, bad as they are for you. Grains = inflammation.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

BlissfuWriter is offline Junior Member
    You might want to check for gluten sensitivity (first with a lab blood test). People with celiac disease can not consume any gluten, which means no bread and no pasta. Perhaps there were some gluten in the fried food.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't buy it that it will take 9 months for a gram of transfats to leave your body, whatever the hell that means.
    thank you, this post was all kinds of weird.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I agree that you should take some Fish Oil sups, avoid odd foods at restaurants and attempt to eat really clean.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Ive had hip bursitis for over 8 years and havent found going paleo has helped at all. Maybe its too early for any improvement.
    A bit off topic but what have others used to help with bursitis pain?
    Ive had numerous steroid injections direct in the joint that have done nothing and heavy doses of Tramadol that only really take the edge off.
    Is there anything else I can be doing?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Ive had hip bursitis for over 8 years and havent found going paleo has helped at all. Maybe its too early for any improvement.
    A bit off topic but what have others used to help with bursitis pain?
    Ive had numerous steroid injections direct in the joint that have done nothing and heavy doses of Tramadol that only really take the edge off.
    Is there anything else I can be doing?
    Have you tried eliminating all nightshades for a while (they are hidden in lots of things)?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast