Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my fat hurt? page

honeypeas is offline Junior Member

Why does my fat hurt?

Primal Fuel
    So here's the situation:

Whenever I have any kind of 'cheat' day it's guaranteed that I will wake up in pain. The weird thing is though, that this pain seems to be localized in the fattier parts of me, like my lower abdomen, upper thighs, back of my arms, etc. It feels like I've been severely bruised and even the slightest touch will make me wince.

What is this? What is happening?
    If it's just inflammation, then why is it only in my flab? My joints are fine, I don't feel sick or tired, I have plenty of energy, but my fat hurts!

I've been searching around trying to figure this out but I can't find anything! It's driving me nuts!

Does anybody have an answer? Am I the only one?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you're really sensitive to water retention?
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Stop cheating......your body hates it.

In all seriousness it does sound like a systemic inflammatory response. Heightened pain reception and inflammation can very well be due to something you ingest. It may be one particular thing or a combo from your cheat day. Sounds like your a hypersensitive type that needs to stick to 100% adherence though.....at least for the time being. As for the fatty parts issue...not sure, sounds sort of myofacial to me.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    This used to happen to me when I would drink a lot of alcohol. I never did figure out why, but for like two days after drinking, all my fat parts would hurt to touch. Our fat cells have a tendancy to hold onto toxins I think. Maybe the fat parts hurt because they are flooded with toxins from your cheats, whatever they may be.

I wish it was just one specific item that triggered it, but I can't nail it down
    And the pain doesn't bother me as much as just not understanding what's happening. Pain? Fine. unexplained pain? Not so fine.

I do generally avoid cheating whenever possible, but I am only human.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I used to "randomly" get sensitive spots on my skin, usually on my sides (near the obliques, and around to the back, which is, coincidentally, where I store fat). I never figured out what triggered it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by honeypeas View Post
    Pain? Fine. unexplained pain? Not so fine.

I do generally avoid cheating whenever possible, but I am only human.
    Well, I hate to point this out cause it makes me seem like a jerk....but its not really unexplained is it? It only happens after you cheat. Pretty good explanation right there ....you got cause and effect. If you want a diagnostic name just consider the fact that most diseases are only named after a state of altered physiology. Nothing more. We just use those names as paraphrase to communicate what a patient is experiencing.

BTW I have an uncle with RA that should be on autoimmune paleo....but isn't. His choice. We all have to make em.

Unexplained in the sense that I don't understand why eating off limit foods irritate my fat tissue, and only my fat tissue. If there's something inherent in sugar/omega6/grains that affect fat tissue, then why doesn't everybody experience this?

Nit-picky? Maybe, but still!

I hope your uncle changes his mind one day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeypeas View Post
    Unexplained in the sense that I don't understand why eating off limit foods irritate my fat tissue, and only my fat tissue. If there's something inherent in sugar/omega6/grains that affect fat tissue, then why doesn't everybody experience this? (

Well the go to answers are genetics and previous metabolic/organic damage. I lean more towards the latter since I'm reluctant to think that any functional human is born to self destruct naturally. Basically if your fat tissues hurt in particular I have heard of some processes that lead to painful lipomas that are somewhat chronic. If pain in fat tissue is a precursor to such I don't really know off hand....I would just consider that the more extreme your response to bad foods the more extreme your resolution must be to commit to not eat those foods. Good luck in any case!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast