Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my fat hurt? page 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    It sounds like inflammation & you should refine your cheat day as per more primal- the grains and dairy are often to blame.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Fat doesn't have nerves, it's the surrounding tissue that's hurting. From touching that icky, poisoned fat. Clean fat feels dandy.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    Fat doesn't have nerves
    Really? I was sort of taught that all tissues had nerve intervention of one source or another.....that would be different than saying fat has no nociceptive or pain intervention though.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's just water weight gain that stretches your skin and the stretching of the skin is what hurts.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well, I hate to point this out cause it makes me seem like a jerk....but its not really unexplained is it? It only happens after you cheat. Pretty good explanation right there ....you got cause and effect. If you want a diagnostic name just consider the fact that most diseases are only named after a state of altered physiology. Nothing more. We just use those names as paraphrase to communicate what a patient is experiencing.
    Well I think the OP was asking WHY cheating would cause fat, of all things, to hurt. Like, what's the physiology going on there?
    For me, when I cheat, I get joint and tendon pain. Inflammation can explain that. But what's going on with fat? Does fat get inflamed?

honeypeas is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnivara View Post
    Well I think the OP was asking WHY cheating would cause fat, of all things, to hurt. Like, what's the physiology going on there?
    For me, when I cheat, I get joint and tendon pain. Inflammation can explain that. But what's going on with fat? Does fat get inflamed?
    Exactly!
    And if it's just water retention, then shouldn't everyone experience this? I can't be the only one who retains water.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I retain water and it makes me sore in spots, mainly in the area I have lost the most fat in- my abdomen. I'll feel flabby and sore for a few days, then things tighten up and feel better. For me, it tends to be sore right before it leans out more. I've lost 26lbs in 6 months- and I think all of it has come from my abs. It's a cycle of sore, pebbly flab, then it tightens up and stops hurting and I see a loss, then it flabs up, gets pebbly, hurts, tightens up... repeat cycle....

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Do you have mostly fat? I kid, I kid. It sounds like it's inflammation and fluid retention. If I have a beer or two, I have zero problems. If I go have a night out on the town with 5 or 6 really big, higher alcohol beers, then for a couple of days afterwards I'll have sore joints (inflammation) and in my particular case, I'll get really tight calves and a tight lower back, which is also due to inflammation. I've had problems with muscle tightness in my legs my entire life, mainly when I don't stretch enough as well as in my lower back.

Consuming things that are going to set off inflammation will almost always set off inflammation in our weakest areas in my opinion. The best way that I've found to combat fluid retention is to drink a TON of water. Whether you ate some Papa Johns, went out for drinks (or both), if you stay hydrated during and after those things you'll be better off the next day. If I drink 1 water for every 1 beer and drink 2 glasses of water with some Vitamin C before bed, I don't have a lot of issues the next day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12