Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to eat for breakfast? page

traintolive is offline Senior Member

What to eat for breakfast?

Hey guys,

I haven't been primal for a long time. 6 months maybe and I feel crappy. I was in my last phase of High School or am, will be done in June. During this time I still ate primal meals, but also a lot of junkfood (burgers, pizza, etc.), drank a lot of alcohol (no red wine) and smoked cigarettes.

I want to feel good again and start living primal again.

Though now I don't know what to eat in the morning. If I eat it's either scrambled eggs or leftovers.
    I don't really feel good eating leftovers though. Any advice? Maybe some kind of primal cookies or protein bars or something? Shakes? Smoothies? Only nuts isn't enough. Thanks in advance.
    Grok from Germany

Primal since End/Beginning of 2010/2011

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Smoothies can work. Use full fat coconut milk, frozen berries, a bunch of baby spinach and half a banana. Yum!

What's wrong with eggs and meat though, since you don't like leftovers?
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by traintolive View Post
    Hey guys,

I haven't been primal for a long time. 6 months maybe and I feel crappy. I was in my last phase of High School or am, will be done in June...
    You were in your last phase of High School or are you in your last phase? If you can't determine that...

During this time I still ate primal meals, but also a lot of junkfood (burgers, pizza, etc.), drank a lot of alcohol (no red wine) and smoked cigarettes.
    Again you're talking in the past tense...

If you switch to eating only fresh foods, as organic as you can afford, I'm sure you'll be eating a healthier diet...especially without the cigarettes and alcohol (whether or not you're consuming the bad stuff now or previously)
    Last edited by primalkyle; 04-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Smoothies can work. Use full fat coconut milk, frozen berries, a bunch of baby spinach and half a banana. Yum!

What's wrong with eggs and meat though, since you don't like leftovers?
    Thanks, I don't know baby spinach, but I will find out. Does normal spinach work also? Do I have to cook it before I throw it in? Do you use low fat churd cheese/curd in your smoothies? Do you put ice in it?

Thank you
    Grok from Germany

Quote Originally Posted by primalkyle View Post
    You were in your last phase of High School or are you in your last phase? If you can't determine that...

Again you're talking in the past tense...

If you switch to eating only fresh foods, as organic as you can afford, I'm sure you'll be eating a healthier diet...especially without the cigarettes and alcohol (whether or not you're consuming the bad stuff now or previously)
    Well thanks for trying to help and sorry I am not fulfilling your language ideals, but English isn't my first language and I wrote this text when I was quite tired and 2:30 in the morning.
    Grok from Germany

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Any food you would eat any other time of the day makes a great breakfast. I love steak in the morning.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    There's a bunch of "primal smoothies" on Toad's site and he's got a book/ebook that isn't too spendy with more, if you like smoothies.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    My favourite quick breakfast is natural yoghurt mixed with a 3 heaped teaspoons of raw cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of honey and a chopped banana. Takes about 2 minutes to make.

I guess that flaked almonds or some nut butter would be a good addition.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, I don't know baby spinach, but I will find out. Does normal spinach work also? Do I have to cook it before I throw it in? Do you use low fat churd cheese/curd in your smoothies? Do you put ice in it?

Thank you
    Regular spinach works fine. I make smoothies with frozen fruit then add whatever else to that. Do you have a food processor or blender? Process the frozen fruit until it's pretty well chopped up then add the spinach which I always add raw. For liquid you can add coconut milk or an other liquid. I also use whey protein powder in mine. If you eat dairy then a full fat yoghurt, I could buy Fage when I lived in the Netherlands, or kwark, which could be used in the smoothie or instead of, with berries or nuts. Also, you have nice sausages and raw ham there, which can be eaten, some cheese or olives. All of that can be chopped up and scrambled into the eggs as well.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In the OPs defense, if he hasn't been primal for the last 6 months, that would fall in the school year meaning he is partially complete (was in last phase) and still has some of the year left (am in last phase.) In other words, his post was accurate and correct

Now for breakfast, we usually do eggs/meat or greek yogurt or smoothies and leave the leftovers for lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast