Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do eggs have carbs? page

destructalux is offline Senior Member

do eggs have carbs?

Primal Fuel
    just wondering because ive seen conflicting data from books/websites that say eggs have 0 carbs and sites like nutritiondata say they do. whats the deal?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    From all my years as a moderator on a weight lifting/bodybuilding board, the concensus was
    YES.

OMG, there is ONE carb in a large egg.

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    From all my years as a moderator on a weight lifting/bodybuilding board, the concensus was
    YES.

OMG, there is ONE carb in a large egg.
    lol i was just wondering :P

cheers

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Oh I know! Mama wasn't being bitchy!

I used to frequent a Zero Carb board for a verrrrry long time... and
    you can only IMAGINE some of the purists on there.

I think I know the carb count of practically everything now. HAR!

Carry on!

Julie

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    The real question should be "should I give a shit whether eggs, a natural, wholesome and delicious food for humans, have carbs in them?"

No. No you should not.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Eric5105 is offline Member
    I've always remembered it as being ~0.6g per egg, but as uncephalized said, "should you care?" NO

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    The real question should be "should I give a shit whether eggs, a natural, wholesome and delicious food for humans, have carbs in them?"

No. No you should not.
    Unfortunately, there's now zero chance of this thread devolving in 20 pages debating the relative merits of butter. Uncephalized = party pooper.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Unfortunately, there's now zero chance of this thread devolving in 20 pages debating the relative merits of butter. Uncephalized = party pooper.
    Pfft...Sure it can!!! I've seen threads about tampons turn into 45 page debates about carbs! I'm sure we can do it......Lets try....So what to you fry your eggs in? Personally I use about 2 sticks of kerrygold per egg to reduce my insulin response to all the carbs.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Pfft...Sure it can!!! I've seen threads about tampons turn into 45 page debates about carbs! I'm sure we can do it......Lets try....So what to you fry your eggs in? Personally I use about 2 sticks of kerrygold per egg to reduce my insulin response to all the carbs.
    Your call, but if you eat an egg with 0.6 g carbohydrate during the months of September - June, your insides will turn to stone.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I fry mine in molasses because insulin spikes are for queers and fat people.

There, that should get things going. You provided the gas, I provided the flame, and now we just sit back and wait .

^ This man speaks the truth. I knew a man who ate a banana in February and ended up being ripped to shreds by a pack of wolves. I don't think it's a far stretch to assume that the two events are connected.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast