Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man O Man... page

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member

Man O Man...

Primal Fuel
    So I was explaining good and bad oils to a person at work today. This person would fall into the CW category. I get this link emailed to me...

Good fats vs. bad fats | Fox News

Dude. I don't even know where to begin...

I just replied with... "Here is a real guide to oils.."

The real guide

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Save your breath~ some people just can't think for themselves.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    I love how the "Con" for coconut oil is: "Has a strong taste." Ummmm...?
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Mogs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    I love how the "Con" for coconut oil is: "Has a strong taste." Ummmm...?
    Goes right along with the "Hard to find in stores" con for lard.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    every single thing about that article pisses me off, but perhaps nothing pisses me off so much as the grouping of saturated fat with trans fat, as if they're the same.

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Don't instantly judge (as the people replying to you have). To your coworker you basically said "what you read was false, but here, read what I did because it's true." Don't give up on him just yet.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalkyle View Post
    Don't instantly judge (as the people replying to you have). To your coworker you basically said "what you read was false, but here, read what I did because it's true." Don't give up on him just yet.
    So, humans lived what, a million years before the invention of 'heart healthy' vegetable oils? And yet didn't keel over at a young age with heart disease from eating all that saturated animal fat. Imagine that. Like I said, some people can't think for themselves.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Meh, I've come around to the idea that some people just can't be helped. I have been told that you can plant a seed, but it will grow in its own time (perhaps in my kids movie KungFu Panda?). Sorry to get all zen on you, but I think its an apt way to take these sort of things. And yes, I get all of my life guiding philosophies from cartoons, as should we all.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    I don't even bother with oils any more. I use coconut oil for meat, butter for vegetables, and plain lemon juice for salad.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    So, humans lived what, a million years before the invention of 'heart healthy' vegetable oils? And yet didn't keel over at a young age with heart disease from eating all that saturated animal fat. Imagine that. Like I said, some people can't think for themselves.
    Yes, some people need to be guided...so guide away. Don't expect someone to change their view just because the article you show them says something different than the article they read. Most people just read something and pass it along. Tell them the site to come to, tell them the books to read, tell them what you've learned in your research.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast