Thread: Strugglin' today! page

bchanel is offline Member

Unhappy Strugglin' today!

So, it's Day 5 of the 30 day challenge. I have been feeling so great. Yesterday, I felt a little off, but I just loaded up on some fat and felt better. I haven't had any cravings or anything like that.

TODAY, however, I am craving everything and anything. I've eaten today, so I'm not sure what's up. I'm even craving things I don't normally eat, like snack mixes from the vending machine and Diet Coke. Not sure what's going on, but I don't like it. Hard to get work done when I'm fighting gathering my loose change from my purse and making a run for the vending machine!

Any advice?

Thanks!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Chin-up buttercup!

Sound like you are craving some good old fashioned SODIUM. Yep... salt. It's possible that your electrolytes are a little low or out of balance.

Any chance you have access to a V8??? It's not the best, but its a quick and fairly harmless sodium infusion... and the savoriness might help you too.

I can't do salt for medical reasons, but I do use the "low sodium" little V8 cans for a potassium hit when I'm low. It really helps!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bchanel is offline Member
    I haven't thought that I might be lacking something, which might be causing the cravings, but it makes perfect sense. Hmm, no, I don't, but i will have to purchase some and keep at work for more occasions such as this. Thank you!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Salting your foods or making some good old fashioned bone broth can help too.