Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coca Cola kills woman in New Zealand? page

dbalch is offline Senior Member

Coca Cola kills woman in New Zealand?

Primal Fuel
    Vitals - Cola habit behind death of 30-year-old New Zealand woman?

Can't be the cause. If it was, people around here would drop dead every day. Coke is headquartered here in Atlanta. They have machines in every school hallway. I believe there is a state law against the sale of Pepsi in Georgia.

RennieVan is offline Member
    That can't be right. No way could someone drink 2 GALLONS of Coke a day. She had 8 kids, when did she have time to drink all that? Wow.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    You see stories like this pop up every once in a while, I remember one back in the 90's about a woman who drank something like 120 cans of pepsi a day and then dropped dead. Same with someone who was drinking insane amounts of coffee.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

faithy22 is offline Member
    The article also states that she barely ate and smoked 30 cigarettes/day!!! Clearly she was not providing any nutrition to her body.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Judging by the picture, coke habit, and mother of 8... a word comes to mind but I won't use it here.

hint: initials are WT

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    well, it obviously didn't affect her fertility.....

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainneire View Post
    well, it obviously didn't affect her fertility.....
    Scientific proof that coke increases fertility? Someone call the government and have them throw a study together based on this.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I had heart problems due to hypokalemia (low potassium) a couple of years ago, and recall reading about extreme cola ingestion as a cause of hypokalemia. Cola-induced hypokalaemia: pathophysiological mechanisms and clinical implications - Tsimihodimos - 2009 - International Journal of Clinical Practice - Wiley Online Library I rarely drink sodas, so it wasn't the cause for me (it was likely a medication that I was on for migraines) but I found that interesting. I'm also surprised that it's not more common here in GA, lol. We were just in Atlanta last weekend at the Aquarium across from World of Coca Cola, the Coke themed stuff everywhere is kinda crazy. I wish they'd go back to using real sugar (or stevia in Diet Coke like in Japan), then it could be an occasional treat for my family. At least Pepsi has the "throwback" version, and I know this is sacrilege in these parts, but I prefer Pepsi anyway--I grew up in NC. These days, I drink Zevia on the rare occasion that I crave fizzy.

True story here. I'm selling my house. Some professional maids came in and were unable to remove some hard water stains from one of the toilets. A friend suggested we pour a can of coke into the toilet and let it sit for 24 hours. Worked like a charm. Can you imagine what that stuff is doing to your insides?
    Last edited by dbalch; 04-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    I'm also surprised that it's not more common here in GA, lol. We were just in Atlanta last weekend at the Aquarium across from World of Coca Cola, the Coke themed stuff everywhere is kinda crazy.
    The World of Coke "attraction" is an embarrassment to the state of Georgia. It's a popular destination for elementary school field trips. Like I said, the American South is ground zero of the obesity epidemic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast