Thread: Homebuilding is definitely primal page

BayouPrimal is offline Member

Primal Fuel

My wife and I are working on building our own home (with the help of my dad). I was thinking while painting yesterday and came to the conclusion that homebuilding is definitely primal.

- Lots of low intensity activity (moving all day)

- Random high-intensity activity (hammering)

- Lifting heavy awkward things (lumber, scaffolding)

- Climbing (up and down the scaffolding and ladders all day)

- Lots of sunshine and exposure to the elements

- Learning how to do new things

- Good callouses

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

Jefferson is offline Member

And you're problem solving using the one organ that sets you apart from the other animals of the savannah.

Brewtality Guest

I started planning to build my own recently as well. Just bought a book on designing it and building it. I did just about every job needed to build a house when i was a teenager. It will take a couple of years for me to save the money (I dont want debt on it), but I anticipate a primal paradise durring the building phase.

Also, I bought 23 acres in the woods to build it on, so I can raise my own cows, chickens, and garden... then fish and hunt for the rest. In 2-3 years I will be living super primal... and really cheap. As opposed to right now being pretty primal, and fairly expensive.

Congrats on the house.

BayouPrimal is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks for the comments. We're building on 5 acres in the country. Plans include goats, chickens, and lots of fruit trees and berries planted.

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com