Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 9

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I also make kombucha ... haven't had it flop, though certain times the flavour is more to my liking than others. How are you making it? It really is sensitive to the temperatures and time of the year so it can vary widely as to when it is done....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    The first time I made it, it was great! Got a nice ginger flavor and everything. Second time, I think it got too hot in my house (end of August) and got way too vinegary. Third time, it started a bit of fuzzy mold on top.

So, I'm trying it again and we will see...

Not sure yet what's going on this weekend. I'm hoping to actually catch up on housecleaning, maybe actually get in some good exercise.

Finally decided to weigh myself this morning. It was down 2.4 lbs, but still showing 177... I must've gotten on it at some point and been up, but not remembered?

Either way, down a good bit and it will only get better! Realized this morning that I've been doing this nearly 6 months. Down 30 lbs and keeping it off! I figure that's pretty damn good for 6 months, when it too more than 10 years and 3 kids to put it on...

Finishing my coffee, then I'm off to have some of the egg and butter fritata-type thing I made...
    Leftover spaghetti squash and hamburger in cream sauce for lunch.

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    30 pounds in 6 months is fantastic! You should be proud of yourself!

Thanks Spiral Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about the progress! I'm not so happy about having apparently stalled out for a month or so...

So, it's time to take more account of things. I reinstalled My Fitness Pal on my phone, and I will be keeping track of stuff I'm putting in. I've changed the settings so it's got a more reasonable ratio for me: Instead of mostly carbs, I've got it set for 75g per day. Now it puts most of my daily calories into protein. Also, the 75g is a target. I'm more than happy to have days with 50g or less...Going to log my exercise too...

Hopefully this will help me get myself out of the spot I'm stuck in...

And judging by what I have had today, and what I anticipate having later today...surprise surprise! The stuff had snuck up on me!!! No wonder I've been stuck for so long. Clearly just knowing that I'm mostly eating ok is not enough.

1) I need to INCREASE my protein intake. MOAR MEAT!!!
    2) I need to DECREASE my carb intake. Even the good ones...like cappuccinos...
    3) I need to be keeping track! No more assuming I'm doing ok, just by doing whatever I have been. Too easy to slip into complacency.

EDIT: Also, I had to reset the settings on the thing twice from it trying to make me have 55% of my daily calories from carbs. At one point it was trying to tell me I needed to eat 251g of carbs PER DAY! Seriously? That's not healthy...

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    I know! I use it too, and although I've reset my macro goals, it still yells at me if I eat less than 1200 calories a day. Not that I usually do, but some days I seriously just don't need that much!

But yes, it is way too easy to let the little things creep up on you! Reset time!

Seriously, 55%...that's just scary!

Ok, so this time I'll actually put down some goals for the next 3 weeks.
    1) Continue logging intake each day, no matter what.
    2) Cut back on cappuccinos. Good though they are, I'd rather get my protein and fat from meat... No more than 1 per week, and black coffee is always preferable.
    3) Increase days of activity from 5 to 7 per week.
    4) Push ups, pull ups, sit ups....more, more, more!
    5) To get past this plateau and start losing again. Goal of down 5lbs by 10/22.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I think you are right Em, logging what I eat is so VERY helpful. It is so easy to slide into doing too much carbs and too little protein. I have no trouble getting enough fat - have to be careful otherwise I am up into the stratosphere with my calories! Trying to keep the calories between 1200 and 1500. Some days I need less and some days I seem to need the 1500. I was in a stall for a few months - didn't gain but certainly was not losing either. Now I am tracking my macros and it really helps me keep on track. I don't have a phone that I can do that with - I just use fitday.com and really like it.

Be careful of thinking you have to go crazy with your exercise! Remember what Mark says about how the majority of the transformation is in the way we eat! Have you tried his primal exercise routine? It is really effective and not a lot to do - pretty low key in some ways. You don't feel like you are constantly trying to do more and yet it makes a big difference in how I feel. I had stopped after only doing it for a while because of my tendonitis (etc) but am going to get started on it again.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

It's not so much a going crazy with exercise. It's mostly trying to increase what I'm doing (which isn't much besides walking some days). It's trying to put the extra time in that I know I need to do, even when there's so many other things that have to happen in the tiny amount of time between getting home and going to bed...

My stress level has felt incredibly high recently, which of course is affecting my sleep pattern as well as how I function during the day. Work stress, home stress, financial stress, plus a whole mess of anxieties that I'm trying to deal with. Just started therapy, which I am hopeful will help. At least with the past stuff.

And I've been brutally honest with myself about what I'm eating and how much or what. It was pretty clear when I had a day that was mostly normal from the last couple month, and the fit pal thing stated quite clearly that if I had every day like that one, I'd be exactly the same weight as I am right now in 5 weeks. Ok then. Let's stop having days like that, because I do not want to stay where I am right now!!!

Trying to get my husband to do it too, because he's been letting things slide as well.

The hardest part is going to be the fact that Friday is my birthday and my husband and kids want to do a birthday cake for me. I've asked that he at least not get a big one.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast