Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 8

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love it! And whole-heartedly approve of your salad
    And I seriously wish I had the ability to cook bacon and eggs at work. Tres jealous.

And to add to the appreciation of bacon is an appreciation of coffee! Not that this is necessarily relevant here, but the two are the best cure for a hangover!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Cooking them here would be awesome! Then it would taste just the way I want! Unfortunately I work in a hospital, so the only bacon and eggs available are in the cafeteria. Still. 3 bucks for bacon eggs and coffee every now and then is not too bad...

Ahh, I see! Well, better than nothing (and since nothing is better than a lot of options, it's better than a ton of things!)

How's today going?

Crazysuperinsanely busy as usual But I'm OUT THE DOOR! And home to cook something extra meaty...with avocados...and mushrooms.

Mmm all my favorite things! Although avocados and mushrooms in the same sentence, I don't know...

I've done it before, and it's pretty good if you sautee the avocado in chunks...

However, last night I left them out and it was cabbage and broccoli sauteed in coconut oil, covered with hamburger and sauteed mushrooms in cream sauce.

With leftovers for lunch! Plus some baked chicken breast for MOAR MEAT!

Strawberries and blueberries for breakfast.

MMmmm, that really does sound good! I'm going to saute some cabbage to go with our pork tenderloin and cauli mash tonight I think! And mushroom gravy is def. called for, even if it means making two gravies.. Oh well!

Have a good day!

It was a pretty good day, considering. Work was busy but not horrible. Managed to get to just about all of my patients at least once. Lunch was awesome. Spent a good bit of the day craving a cappuccino, but never had time to stop and get one...

Dinner was some cheese and summer sausage, with about half a bottle of kombucha, and 3 squares of 90% dark chocolate.

Yes, I know, not ideal, but trying to manage all three boys and feed and entertain them by myself = not feeling like actually making real food.

I did make my lunch for tomorrow though: chicken breast chunks and two chunked avocados, olive oil, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
    Also started a new batch of kombucha...hopefully this time it will turn out!!! The half bottle of GT's original flavor had a nicely formed scoby in there. Perfect for a new batch!

One child in bed, the other two to follow within the next hour, and then I'm in bed too!!!

Your lunch sounds great! And what do you know? It's Friday! 3 more days until the end of our primal week (even if I did have a relapse, I think it's been a successful concept over all. Plus we can shoot for doing even better next week!)

Any big plans for the weekend?

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I can totally relate to just making do when things get too hectic at home. At least your food was primal even if not the best. Still way better than resorting to pizza or something like that! I am hoping to cook up a bunch of chili today - most of it will be frozen for 'convenience food' when the day has not worked well and I am not up to cooking for the family. Need to get a stock of soups, stews and pre-made food stashed in my freezer. I hope you have a really nice relaxing weekend! Keep it up with the good choices
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast