Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 7

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Indeed. I have to admit that reading that stuff makes a huge difference! Even though I'm looking at different stuff than I used to, it still helps.

Lunch was awesome! It was even better than when I had it for dinner, since the tomato sauce had time to sort of sink into the food. Groceries today, need more fresh veggies and fruit to flesh out the chicken we have at home. And bacon. Must have bacon...

EDIT: Also, not as hungry now. Maybe it just took a little while for lunch to sink in?
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Especially when I'm actually eating on track, I find that most hunger cravings stop if I give it 15 mins or so...
    My Dad (who does something pretty similar to primal) says he likes to wait 1/2hour after he gets hungry to actually eat, on the theory that he gets hungry when his body runs out of readily available energy, and if he waits, it has no choice but to use up his fat stores for a bit! I wonder if there's something to it...

And also: let's hear it for bacon! How can we feel deprived when deliciously salty, fatty pig flesh is sitting there, waiting for us?!

That has got to be the most awesome statement I've heard in ages! You are so right!

Dinner was summer sausage (the one with the least ingredients I could find at the store) mixed with 2 avocados and lemon juice.
    Journal

So you had a good day yesterday too then! We can do this, Em, one day at a time. All we have to do is be good today. Worry about tomorrow later!

What's for lunch today?

Today lunch is leftover spaghetti squash with lots of hamburger. I'm thinking some kind of cabbage/carrot/broccoli stir-fry (either ground beef or maybe bacon?) for dinner. I'll likely cook it in coconut oil.
    Journal

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good Em! Glad you looked at the carbs on the OJ! Juice is just pretty much not a good way to get anything you need - unless you do juiced veggies, and those can be pretty overpowering in taste. I am busy making spaghetti squash fritters at the moment - yum. Make sure you have enough protein and fat - then any hunger left over is for filling up with veggies! And after that - your body really, really wants to stay at the weight it is at right now and will try to convince you that just a little more will satisfy you until you stay at the status quo! Or that is what mine does anyway
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Cabbage and bacon for the win!

Cabbage and bacon it is then

Yeah, I'm having a pretty stressful day, and my body is trying to insist that it desperately needs some sort of baked good. So far, I have been resistant, and keep telling me that I will just feel worse if I have something. I am not good at listening to me, but I have managed not to have anything. Another hour and a half, and I can head home and cook some bacon.

Bacon will fix the problem...

Also, Coll, how do you make spaghetti squash fritters? I have another couple at home, and it'd be a good thing to try other ways to make it. Especially if I can convince my kids to eat it too!
    Journal

Well, listen to me then! DO NOT HAVE THAT BAKED GOOD!!! It will NOT make you feel better, it will make your body be like "WTF, Em, what did I ever do to you?!" and it will make your mind be all like "Why did I give in! I always regret it!"

You are going to make it through this week. Primally. All those baked goods will still be waiting for you to enjoy (or not) next week. Resistance is not futile!

EDIT: Also, bacon fixes everything.

Thanks I managed to avoid having anything baked or including garbage. Feeling better today. The work stress continues, but I am trying to do what I can...

Today:
    Breakfast- banana and coffee
    Coffee Break- MOAR COFFEE!!! Also, I decided I was hungry and had bacon and eggs. Awesome coffee break!
    Lunch- A lovely salad consisting of romaine lettuce, cottage cheese, avocado, and summer sausage. (Yes, lettuce, fat, and protein. That's it...)
    Dinner- ???
    Dessert- Profit!!!
    Journal

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast