Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 6

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Good point Coll...and logically I know it isn't really messing me up to slip now and again, I just can't help feeling disappointed in myself. I'm working so hard to make myself healthy and happy, and eating those things just doesn't help!

Today though, I have some fabulous food with me! For breakfast: grapes and strawberries, and avocado in olive oil. (No, not all together ) For lunch: honey glazed baked chicken and a baked sweet potato.

Which all seems so much more appetizing than a donut...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good on the food front today, though a little high in carbs if you are trying to restrict those at all. If not, all is well And anyway, still waaayyyy better than the donut! You are not too far from being at your mini goal weight - you have come a long way already, just keep it up!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Yeah, I have been a little higher on my carbs recently (unless it's a day I just don't feel like eating). I am wondering if my depression/anxiety flare up is starting to tell on my diet. For instance, last night I just didn't feel like eating or cooking anything! Although I didn't eat any of the frozen pizza my husband got for the kids, I did eat a pop tart. (My mother in law visited last weekend, and she always brings 'food' to try to help us out...it's mostly crap.) Then this morning, I hadn't set up the coffee last night (swore I did...must've been dreaming it when I was dreaming about getting ready for work :P) so I stopped at Caribou for a cappucinno...and got a scone.

This has to stop. I can't let myself get off track like this!
    Journal

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, I know the feeling, my will power is apparently non-existent these days. So I suppose this is the blind leading the blind, but let's try really hard to keep our goals in mind... not only losing weight, but eating chemical-laden processed crap is not good for our health in any way! I like to talk myself into thinking it's good for my mental health, but that's a big ol' lie too!

Yep. My mental health seriously didn't need that crap food. My mood has continued to plummet this morning. Plus my stomach is SUPER upset that I haven't been treating it right.

I will change this around this afternoon. I don't need to go home to my family all pissed off. Totally not their fault! MY FAULT!
    Journal

Ok, post-mixed green salad with broccoli and cottage cheese, and a hamburger patty on top (21 days of no salad without meat!), I'm feeling a little better. I even passed up the giant cookie that was staring longingly at me at the checkout.

Now I just have to get through the next few hours of work and HOME FREE FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    This has to stop. I can't let myself get off track like this!
    This x1000000000000000. So very disappointed in me. I caved and was eating frozen pizza. Completely no energy to fix anything. Dishes were all in the sink and I just couldn't face having to wash something to cook something.

*sigh*

Plus tonight is one of my best friend's bachelorette party. Going to see if I can find some moderately no grain food at whichever restaurant we will be at for dinner.

I must find some way out of the hole I'm putting myself in.
    Journal

Good choices so far today. Decided I needed to eat breakfast, and had eggs and bacon. I almost picked up a bottle of OJ, because I have a little bit of a sore throat and my voice is super hoarse today. My mind changed COMPLETELY when I looked at the bottle and it had 51g of carbs!

I'll have my carbs from my spaghetti squash, thank you very much. Speaking of, I think it is time for lunch! Spaghetti squash, baked chicken, and homemade spaghetti sauce (tomatos, onion, basil, almonds).
    Journal

I hate it when I eat, and then I'm still hungry. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'M REALLY HUNGRY!!!
    Journal

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Mmm, your lunch sounds good! I feel like I've already resisted temptation about 100 times today, but nothing like reading the nutritional info to stop you in your tracks, eh? I've been drinking 100% real cranberry juice for chronic UTIs and even that has 19g carbs per cup! I usually do double shooters of the stuff though, so I think it's justifiable

Good luck with the rest of your day! Gah, Monday!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast