Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 4

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Feeling pretty good today. Tired, but energetic.

...stupid dark when I leave the house... *grumbles*

I find myself not eating breakfast most days. Coffee and then out the door, then either eating around noon, or a little earlier if I'm hungry. I suppose it's good, but it does make for an earlier lunch sometimes.
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

I am happy with myself.

Today, I've been in a funk mood-wise. Nothing specific, got pretty good sleep, work is not horribly overwhelming. Just a blah kind of mood.

Decided to have a cappuccino. It's kind of chilly and rainy today, thought this would make me feel a little better. The coffee shop in the hospital was out of whole milk though, had to settle for 2%. Still it's a fabulous cappuccino! They do a much better job than Starbucks...

The reason I'm happy with myself is that I was pretty seriously considering getting either the GINORMOUS rice krispy treat or the equally GINORMOUS frosted cinnamon roll.

And got neither. I decided what I really wanted was my cappuccino.

I'm pretty sure my leftover chicken, mushrooms and coconut oil over fresh spinach, with blueberries for dessert will be amazing when I have it.
    Journal

And now it's lunchtime and I am not really hungry. Now the question is, do I go ahead and eat, or wait awhile until I'm actually hungry? Think I'll wait a little while. It'll help later when I'm trying to get dinner ready and have three kids going in the fridge wanting something "RIGHT NOW!"
    Journal

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing well! Keep it up! Good idea on waiting until you are hungry - I find that is a big key for me. Eat when I am not hungry and it seems to start the 'eat just because you feel like it' mode. I can relate to trying to get dinner going and kids falling apart because they are hungry NOW!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Thanks for the encouragement! I really feel like I need it today.

Yesterday, my mood just tanked! Work was discouraging in several different ways. Found out late in the afternoon I'll be covering one of my co-workers today and Monday. Got home and discovered I had to dump my kombucha due to mold. Just a tiny little fuzzy bit but DAMMIT! I had to dump the last batch because it got too vinegary too quick. I can't afford to keep buying bottles of it.

The evening was difficult. Absolutely every little thing my kids did caused almost uncontrollable rage. I'm not even sure why, it was nothing different than they usually are in the evenings: happy, bouyant kids. Couldn't give myself a timeout because my husband wasn't there to distract them for me.

Got a couple of hours sleep last night, then I was literally awake every hour and looking at the clock until it was time to get up. I'm exhausted! And have a very busy day ahead of me...

*sigh*
    Journal

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Those days sure are tough! I find the kids tend to get my mood taken out on them, when I am out of sorts for some reason, unless I am very intentional and decide to focus on being kind and set my feelings aside until I can figure out why I am so grumpy. Doesn't always work - of course, but it can help me to redirect my feelings a little. I just apologize to the kids and say that Mommy is having a bad day and I am sorry that I yelled etc. I know it doesn't fix it all, but they understand bad days, they have them too! Hang in there ... try to keep pressing on even when you feel as though the carpet is being pulled out from under your feet. Keep eating primal and drink lots, breathe deep whenever you get a second. Hope you survive your day ok!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Thanks Coll! It definitely helps having someone else tell me to just keep going

Yeah, I tried very hard not to take things out on my boys yesterday, and tried to give them extra hugs. It wasn't their fault I was getting so angry.

I'm going to do what I can today at work, and try not to worry about the stuff I won't have time for. Had to take an anxiety med though, having some chest pain. Mostly fasted so far today, except for caffeine. Water in front of me now, no more coffee today! Hamburger and spinach for lunch, and a ginger snap larabar for a sweet snack this afternoon. Yum!

Tomorrow, going to the Rennaisance Festival with my husband, where I will have mead and a GIANT turkey leg!
    Journal

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    That should be a blast! And hopefully release some of that stress too. Just don't let stuff you can't do until Monday bother you until Monday Please tell me you have a costume!

I just bought some mead from the farmer's market.. I've never had it before, and I'm waiting for a special occasion to crack it open (Especially as it cost double what I would normally spend on a bottle of wine.. I hope it's worth it!)

Oh I WISH I had a costume. I keep looking every year and hoping...someday I'll have an awesome wench costume!

I love mead! And I don't usually drink sweet wines. It's just the perfect thing for warm days, or heat it and it's good on cold days!
    Journal

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, I never would have thought of heating it! I will have to find out where I can buy it once the market is over. (Which is soon. This is Canada, folks, winter is a comin'!)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast