Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 2

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok, so there's always coffee. Hot, delicious, start my day off right with at least 2 cups of black coffee.

Yes I'm a coffee addict. No you can't take away my coffee.

Ok, fine I'll have some food too. Strawberries and blueberry protein balls go pretty well with coffee.

Ok, the cafeteria officially made up for yesterday's "Meatless Mondays" fiasco: Lunch today is grilled salmon with artichokes and olives! And the guy gave me extra green beans :-)
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Starving today! Absolutely crazed for protein! By the time I got home from work I literally couldn't think of doing anything but eating as soon as possible and all I wanted to eat was meat. I didn't want any veggies or carbs or anything. I'm not sure how normal this is, and I think I'll also post elsewhere to ask for input...
    Journal

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Perfectly normal
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Good! And it was very good! My lovely husband asked no questions and provided me with a large amount of bacon and grilled mahi mahi, which I put a rather large dent in. I'm still not sure how much I ate. I felt much better afterwards!

Had a fairly major freakout today when I discovered that my doctor accidentally doubled my dose of topamax, which I take for migraines and refilled on the 20th last month. This could explain many of the increased side effects I've been experiencing, such as the bat to the head, racing heart, etc. Thought it was just a different med manufacturer. The pharmacy missed the med change as well, thought the doc had just changed the dosage, didn't check.

One more reason for me to want to get off the stuff as well as all the anti-depressants. I'm just tired of taking that stuff and don't feel like I need it all anymore. I feel like my life is finally more in control. My diet is finally where it needs to be and I'm finally starting to be healthy again.

Now I just need to get my doctor to agree with me so I can safely taper off the stupid drug cocktail they have me on...
    Journal

New doctor = new lab draws!

Just collected today...

LDL- 84
    VLDL 14
    Cholesterol 155
    Triglycerides 69
    HDL 57

Just coffee so far today. Fortunately, work is so insanely busy that there's really no time for food or being hungry....since I have no $$.
    Journal

Feeling great lately! Got some new pants for work (since I was very nearly pant-less) for Mother's Day, as well as a very sexy dress :-) Having to toss a bunch of my tops now, as they are getting to be too big to wear to work without flashing people...

People are beginning to notice the weight loss, and my friends who haven't seen me in awhile are astonished at the change.

Weight is now sort of hovering around 182, but I am still slimming up. The new pants I just got are already getting big in the waist. Had to move my new bras up a hook.

Now to get more active so I can get the weight loss moving again.
    Journal

So I realized it's been awhile since I posted to this journal. Life has been hectic, work has been busy. I have had to make myself more strict with my diet, not that I was eating a lot of crap stuff like before, just that I decided to cut back on the carbs again. Went back to 50 and under, or as close as possible to that for most days. I feel better with fewer carbs.

I'm generally eating meat- chicken, eggs, bacon, beef or pork (when we can afford it). Cut waaaay back on the dairy (hardly any cheese and no yogurt, I'm not much of a milk drinker anyway). Not really any nuts anymore, too expensive. Mostly different types of lettuces, carrots, mushrooms, avocado for veggies. Apples and berries (when we can afford them) for fruits.

I'll probably weigh myself again this weekend, see where I am. Clothing-wise: put on a skirt getting ready for work today. Same size as the pants I've been wearing. It was too big. Pulled out another one 2 sizes smaller...it FIT!

Found a picture of me from last August. Wow. Makes me remember why I'm always the one taking pictures...I have one from a couple weekends ago my husband took. I'll post them for a progress comparison after work.
    Journal

So, this first picture is me with my husband and kids, and sister- in law, last August. Sorry for the poor quality, it's a picture of a picture I found on my in-laws fridge at the lake Father's Day weekend. The second one is me on the way to the lake for Father's Day weekend.

IMAG0344.jpgIMAG0326.jpg
    Journal

PrimalCon New York
    I will be weighing myself this weekend. I'm a little nervous, because I feel like my weight is up. I've been more stressed with work, and with my husband losing his job (again). I find myself not eating more, just to try to make the food go farther for my kids. Also, had more wine recently (which has now stopped because there is no way I can justify drinking when there is so little money).

I am hoping that cutting out the wine and increasing my activity will make a difference, but I still feel like I'm going to get on the scale and it will be up. My body image has not been good lately. I look at myself in the mirror, and all I see are the bulges and places I want to be smaller.

I need perspective. I want to be under 170 by the end of the summer, but I don't know if I will make it...
    Journal

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast