Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 13

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Haha, sorry about the turnips! I LOVE them, I think it's the Ukrainian in me Glad it more or less turned out though Did the kids like it? Also, go buy some bacon, lady. Beg, borrow, steal if you must!! If it comes down to it, I will mail you some No one should be without bacon.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    After sitting overnight in the fridge, the turnips were palatable. The kids didn't try it this time, but I will try again soon. Also, there is now BACON! Need to pick up another cauliflower and do it again

I will look into the leptin reset. How do I go about that? I am willing to try anything at this point...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

I looked into the whole Leptin reset thing after seeing Coll's comment, I think I would like to try too.
    My understanding (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong!) is that you eat a protein heavy (+50g) breakfast as soon as you can after waking, keep all your meals really low carb - super strict paleo, and no eating 4 hours before bed. Get lots of sleep and no snacking and no cheating.
    It sounds do-able. Ish. lol

Also, I'm feeling very relieved that you have moar bacon. It was troubling me.

So, as I insisted in Spiral's thread: back to basics.

Dinner tonight will be baked chicken breasts with broccoli and Bacon.

Also, let me just say once again that I love that my phone insists I capitalize Bacon...
    Journal

Your phone knows what's up!

Also, I find it amusing and highly enjoyable that we're keeping up two different conversations simultaneously through our respective journals. As soon as I see you've posted in one, I check the other too

And I do definitely approve of your new motto. I think I've been reading too much lately, and its making me obsess over my diet (diet as in WOE, not "diet") too much. Just need to back off the information highway, and take a nice soothing walk through real life

It is pretty funny isn't it? I admit to doing the same

And a pre-Bacon workout for my pan in crisping some prosciutto to have with some sharp white cheese...

I love the smell of bacon cooking. The broccoli will soon be baconized!
    Journal

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounding good gals Bacon is heaven I admit - that smell could pull me in from miles away!!!! From what I understand the leptin reset is basically as you said, high protein especially for breakfast. It is beyond me to hit 50g of protein in one sitting though!! I just eat a generous helping of protein, keep your carbs below 50g a day, eat immediately on waking - or within 20 minutes anyway. He recommends taking 2 TBSP of coconut oil with each meal - I react to that quite radically so am just building up really slowly with that and am using other good fats instead. Try to eat about 5 hours apart, no eating within 4 hours of bedtime, drink lots to flush the ketones that will kick in NO snacking (the thing I struggle with the most I think) But, it certainly is doable for a week or two. Though I blew it today and need to start over tomorrow as my carbs were up at 68g today (split a bar of chocolate with DH!) But I have lost a few pounds after gaining 5 recently when I fell off the wagon. Dusting off tomorrow and restarting the leptin reset! Join me if you like
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

I've only just recently located some coconut oil, so I've been added a small amount to most of my cooking. I've actually been doing well with the no snacking or eating before bed thing - I did taste test the soup I made lateish last night, but normally I would have had a bowl

Also, bacon. I mean, Bacon.

Hey, how are things? It's been a couple weeks

I still live! I've had a few tough weeks. Close to the last month and a half. Money is basically non-existent. Been going to therapy for my stuff. We literally unable to make enough on just my income to survive. So, food is kind of what we can get. Often I'm just not eating because it saves a little money. I have no idea what my weight is right now. I really afraid to check and see.
    Journal

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast