Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 12

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mmmm, I am just such a fan of mushroom cream sauces! Dangerous though, as I could probably just eat the whole batch with a spoon!

I had a dream last night about eating marrow with a spoon.. which I've never done. It was weird. Must be bone broth on the brain!

Well, enjoy your supper, I'm sure it will be extra amazing after fasting Take care!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Must try to make some sort of broth with the bones in my freezer. Also, I will step on the scale and see where I am. I admit to being nervous...
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

*sigh*

So the scale, once again, has refused to budge. What do I need to mix up? Fewer carbs again? Shall I head back to less than 50 territory? That seems to be where I had my success. I just don't get it. Even on a higher carb day, I'm still usually less than 75...

Frustrated.
    Journal

I freaking hear you. That is all.

Breakfast: coffee
    Lunch: Ground beef and mushrooms cooked in bacon grease, "chicken soup (cooked down chicken thighs), Greek Gods honey yogurt
    Dinner: TBD

Why does my coffee taste like soap? :P
    Journal

That's weird! I had that happen the other day, and I never did figure it out. Bletch! Maybe a poorly rinsed cup? So strange.

How are things otherwise? Work still crazy? Or is that a constant?

Yeah, work is generally crazy. Theoretically it will be getting better. I'm now switched to my new services, however, I no longer have an office. At least until they move someone else who is switching jobs. I have no idea how long this will take. So for now, I am wandering the hospital aimlessly, looking for computer space... :P

Also, the strangest thing about the soapy coffee...I couldn't tell when it was still hot. Only when it cooled some... O.o
    Journal

Ugh to not having an office! Not fun. Ummm... but lots of slow mvmt wandering around?

Spiralicious and Emerald Rose on the mysterious case of the international randomly soapy coffee! I would just like to mention that "soapy" is one of the worst things a thing can taste like - I often think lemon candy (not that I eat candy, of course) tastes like soap.

Finally made the soup! Sort of. Had to use ground beef, since we were tragically out of Bacon. I have discovered that I DO NOT like turnips. The soup itself turned out pretty good though! I am definitely going to try it again some time
    Journal

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing ok there Em! Hang in there with the plateau! Have you thought of doing a leptin reset for a week or so to kick the fat burning back into high gear? I remembered the other day after having a few bad weeks that I had started out with doing a leptin reset and I needed a reset after a carb frenzy lately. Going to do it for a week or so and then reassess. Maybe that would help you too? Just a thought.

I like turnips in very small amounts added to soups or stews. More than one to a pot of stew is too much for me, but just a little can be rather yummy. And the greens are delicious fried with onion and garlic!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast