Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- EmeraldRose page 10

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I get that traditions like birthday cake are hard to break with kids.. but why not start a new tradition? I asked for berries and cream for my last birthday (granted, my family is pretty accepting about these things..) or what about some homemade mousse? at least you could stand a candle up in that. Or I'm sure I've seen recipes for primal cheesecake. I guess if they need to buy it elsewhere though it could be difficult. It just breaks my heart that eating something terrible is necessary because it's your birthday.. it's just... sadface.

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear EmeraldRose,
    Happy Birthday to you!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and remember your friends at MDA are cheering for you!

socoolnanny is offline Member

Ditto -

wishing you virtual hugs on your birthday, Debraxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralicious View Post
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear EmeraldRose,
    Happy Birthday to you!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and remember your friends at MDA are cheering for you!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday! Hope it is a really good one! Enjoy, no matter what you eat - but maybe next year you'll be able to do a primal celebration and maybe hubby could make a primal cake! Don't know if he is up for baking
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys! You all made me smile seeing the birthday wishes this morning! I admit to not being on over the weekend, but I had a great birthday!

There was conventional birthday cake, a small one from a local bakery that was chocolate and fabulous. I am honest, I wasn't sad to have some. My kids would have eaten a whole nother cake on top of the one we had...my youngest kept asking for more "happy", his not quite 2 year old way of saying birthday cake

It was a really good weekend, and I'm down another pound as well
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Breakfast: half cup of Greek Gods Hermes yogurt, coffee, granny smith apple
    Lunch: (Can't wait, getting hungry...) About a cup of ground beef sauteed with mushrooms, half a cup of organic baby spinach

Dinner: Not sure yet...thawing some chicken breasts, have an organic spaghetti squash (thought I'd try it see if it's different tasting than the regular ones?), maybe more spinach?
    Journal

I'm glad your birthday went well! And the scale is moving again, so that's great!
    I'm going to give that "potato" soup a try today, I will let you know how it goes over

Ok, dinner was spaghetti squash, ground beef, and mushrooms. I ate less than I was expecting. I was hungry, and plugged into my fitness pal what I thought I'd probably eat, and it wound up being maybe half that much.

I just didn't want to eat all of it. So I stopped.

And my fitness pal yelled at me for putting myself into starvation mode because I added everything up to a little over 1000 calories.

Journal

Before I forget they are in the freezer, I picked up some marrow bones at the grocery store. Any good suggestions on making a bone broth if I've never done it before?
    Journal

Haha yeah, myfitnesspal is funny like that... It's a good tool, but so not geared towards this WOE.
    I think I'm going to have to make like you and seriously track what I'm eating for a bit, things seem to be sliding again. Damn weekends, mess with me!
    I'm sorry, I have no clue about bone broths, but I tried making that soup and it turned out amazingly! I think I could have gotten away without any potatoes at all... The trick was, I cooked the cauliflower (and some onions) in the chicken broth, and then blended the CRAP out of it. Usually I would just use my immersion blender, but using the proper blender made the cauliflower completely invisible. You could add whatever else to it after. Let me know if you want the proper recipe

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast