Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is white bread better than whole grain? page

Whatyoudoing is offline Member

Is white bread better than whole grain?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not planning on eating any of the 2 but I was just wondering, because isn't white bread basically grains with the toxins stripped off?

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's bleached, stripped of minerals, and then "fortified" with all the stuff that got stripped out. "Enriched, Bleached White Flour" is pretty bad stuff.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    yup those who eat white bread are often healthier than the health nuts who eat wholegrain

we've found the third way
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    yup those who eat white bread are often healthier than the health nuts who eat wholegrain

we've found the third way
    but then some health nuts eat sprouted grain? which is a lot better than the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    but then some health nuts eat sprouted grain? which is a lot better than the other two?
    Quite probably true!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'd guess it goes: none > sprouted > white > whole. But I always thought sprouted grains had a nasty texture, like eating food intended for a different species. I thought that long before I was ever primal.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

I've not bothered trying sprouted grains, to be honest.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'd throw fermented in there as better than sprouted and worse than none, but both are just too much work for what? Nothing really gained from adding it back in.

I agree, too much work. Traditional methods for making white bread left the dough to ferment.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The people in these photographs moved from their traditional diets to diets containing milled flour, jam and white sugar. You decide if the result was healthy enough to even ask whether white bread is better than whole grain.

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast