Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: An Aussie girl goes Primal page 6

Ellement is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahz View Post
    Am really enjoying reading your journal, I subscribed to it but for some reason didn't receive the updates so looks like I will have to keep checking in
    Hi Sarah, thanks for dropping by...glad you're enjoying reading my ramblings!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    What are you hoping to get from the tests? Deficiencies and what not?
    All my blood tests have always shown nothing - apart from my thyroid which is apparently properly medicated. No deficiencies to blame my lack of weight loss on!

Also two squares of chocolate is nothing - I don't think you need to restart.
    Not exactly sure what I want tested, I guess things like cholesterol, Vit D, magnesium, iodine...I have a great doctor so will probably just talk to her first and see what she has to say. I've never had a bloodtest for just general health indicators before so am just going on the things that seem to be of most concern to people on primal/paleo diets. I think my diet is healthy but maybe I'm missing some key nutrient. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't get tested for hemochromatosis as my mum is a carrier. It has been suggested in the past that both my sister and I get tested but neither of us have ever done it.

Day 16

Breakfast Another hungry morning so had a smoothie made with a banana, raspberries, blueberries, coconut cream and water. Used to eat a lot of berries but they've sort of dropped out of my diet, good to be eating them again.

Lunch BAS with a variety of leafy greens, red cabbage, half an avocado, a hardboiled egg and smoked trout, dressed with my regular olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard dressing. A pear for dessert.

Snack Too many macadamias and a few dates...have to stop buying nuts, have absolutely no self-control!

Dinner Just finished dinner and it was so good! Poached some salmon fillets in a fresh made vegetable stock, had it with a great pile of cauliflower rice drizzled with olive oil, and steamed carrot and zucchini.

My copy of Nourishing Traditions arrived today. Great book! Fantastic recipes but it's all the nutritional background and information which is so fascinating, have been poring over the book all evening

Time for a cup of Sleepytime tea I think, then bed and a good book.

Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I'm back, like Sarah I think I missed out on seeing you had updated. Your food sounds amazing!! Looking forward to reading how u go with ur blood work, I'm thinking of doing the same and finding out if I have any defieciencies holding my weight loss back. Could also be the 20% things I keep giving into too though. :P

And ur vege garden sounds amazing too! Did the rabbits stay away? Hope so!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Hi! Thanks for dropping by

And not sure about the bunnies, seems at the moment that they've been thwarted but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still hanging around. We put in some new seedlings today so it will be pretty obvious tomorrow if something's been helping itself to free vegies! I really hope that won't be the case, it's not cheap to have to keep buying seedlings, might as well just go to the greengrocers and buy everything ready grown lol

Day 17

Been a very funny day food-wise, just gone 8pm here and I still haven't had an actual meal today. Was all set to have a nice big cooked breakfast but ended up just having two dates and a smear of cashew butter...because, well I don't know why. Just wasn't hungry when it came down to it. Was then out for most of the morning shopping and doing general running around. Got home about 1pm, tore a leg and thigh off the BBQ chook we bought at Woolies, and haven't really eaten since...oh had a few cashews but that was it.

Have a nice piece of scotch fillet sitting in the fridge, just not sure I really want it. Hmmm, might have another cup of tea and think about it.

Right here Right now

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are learning to listen to your bodies hunger signals! Good sign

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Sounds like you are learning to listen to your bodies hunger signals! Good sign
    Yep, except today my hunger signals told me to eat peanut M&Ms...dammit ...so cross with myself! This is a major violation of the Whole30, chocolate AND peanuts, have no idea what got into me...and I'm still eating them because the bowl of them is still sitting on the kitchen bench! Ughhh, must stop NOW.

Day 18

Breakfast Started the day with two fried eggs, nitrate-free free-range Barossa bacon and a tomato fried in olive oil, actually only half a tomato because I dropped one half on the floor ...was still hungry afterwards so had a small banana with cashew butter.

Lunch Made a smoothie with frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries), coconut milk, cocoa powder and water.

Snack Too many peanut M&Ms...shhh don't tell anyone!

Dinner Having a BBQ tonight, planning scotch fillet and salad, though will have some of the fried onions, capsicum and mushrooms my OH is going to cook, as long as I can convince him to use olive oil and not bloody canola!

My beef stock turned out beautifully yesterday. Now that it's chilled it's so gelatinous, tastes wonderful! We were minding our neighbours' Australian terrier last night while they were off camping, and he got a lot of the meat off the rib bones, needless to say he was in heaven lol

Happy to report that the rabbits didn't get into the vegie patch last night so we're breathing a sigh of relief. Think we've finally bested them! Spent some time out in the garden today spreading some mulch around, such a gorgeous day would have been a shame to miss it.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend
    Last edited by Ellement; 05-06-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Right here Right now

Yay for the veggie patch! I'd love one but we have a tiny yard that gets no sun.

OMG peanut m&ms, my hunger signal is ALWAYS on for them. Chocolate in any form. Actually don't get me started on the junk foods I love, I'd be here all night!

Will you restart the whole30, or just roll with the punches?

Lucy, I really don't know...I so don't want to throw in the towel at this late stage. I think I'll just roll with the punches this time. I finish the program on the 18th May, the day my parents arrive in town for an 8 day stay. Really not feasible to be starting the program again then. Might look at having a second go after they leave. The problem I've found this time round is I've been eating way too much fruit, my sneaky way to get a sugar fix...and sugar is one of the main things the program is supposed to wean you off. I clearly have not curbed my sweet tooth ...anyway next time I think I'll limit myself to one piece of fruit a day. Nuts have been another big issue for me. Been eating too many of them too.

Sigh, wish I could turn the clocks back and make a better decision with the M&Ms but what's done is done, have to move on!

And yes the vegie patch is definitely a cool thing to have. We let it lapse for a couple of years but since starting the PB I've become all fired up again to grow our own vegies.
    Last edited by Ellement; 05-06-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Right here Right now

I'd say just roll with the punches. I think most of these things demand 100%, because if you aim for that you'll hit 80%. Once you start consciously thinking you have 20% room to cheat, you start cheating more often and it becomes 60%. It's about long term averages.
    I don't eat fruit much....I love it, but I am going low carb to try and get some weight loss happening. If I could I'd eat dates all day long though!

Unhappy to report that my attempt at the Whole30 has gone from bad to worse...don't think I can even roll with the punches this time! After the M&Ms incident on Sunday I seem to have developed this uncontrollable desire for chocolate, which I indulged yesterday and again today. Damn ...so that's it I guess for me and the Whole30 this time round. What I am going to do though is still stick to the principles til the 18th May as planned, no point allowing this to become a complete washout.

Have to keep this post short and sweet, as I'm at work and thanks to Telstra we have no internet at home at the moment. In fact most of central Australia has been in some kind of wireless internet blackhole for the past 24 hours, hopefully it doesn't last much longer!

Right here Right now

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm...well at least you had a few good weeks in, you can only do you best. Maybe make a goal to not ach chocolate for a week?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456