Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An Aussie girl goes Primal page 3

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Oh dear, macadamias are my weak spot too and today had quite a few more than I needed.

My DH and I started IF-ing 10 days ago and it has been great. So easy. We have main meal about 6pm and don't eat anything more after 7pm. In the morning it's just a cup of coffee then lunch about 1pm. This morning we decided to have breakfast first so we could do some major work in the garden without having to think about a meal break in the middle. Well that idea was a flop. Both of us had trouble wanting to eat constantly the rest of the day. It was like turning on a switch that we couldn't turn off again, hence the macadamias amongst other things. Not having breakfast makes it much easier to control the eating switch. Was a bit unsure about doing it at first but now will try to do it indefinitely.

This is all such a learning process about what works best for all of us. I'm loving the journey. I'm sure you will too.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Ellement is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kahiba View Post
    It was like turning on a switch that we couldn't turn off again...
    Yes! This is exactly what I experience too. If I don't have breakfast then I'm good til lunchtime, don't even really think about food...but if I have breakfast, then I just seem to be eating or thinking about eating all day. Having said that, even without the snacking during my work day I'm still finding it hard to stop having a little (or not so little lol) something when I get home in the afternoon. Really need to nip this habit in the bud!

It's so nice to read that your husband is on board with you with the Primal lifestyle. I wish I could get my OH to take this journey with me. He's happy to eat the evening meals I cook but the rest of his diet is absolutely awful. I guess all I can do is lead by example.

Day 7

Can't believe I'm almost one week into the Whole30! Was so tempted to step on the scales this morning but resisted. My jeans do feel slightly looser so reckon I'm on the right track.

So, my day so far...

IF this morning...went for a brisk 30 min walk before lunch, wasn't immediately hungry when I got back to my desk but ended up eating lunch around 1 pm

Lunch The last of the cold roast beef, big serving of ratatouille and steamed bok choy, was too full to eat my apple

Dinner No idea, nothing thawed out (again)

Tomorrow's a public holiday so I'll be at home all day, am going to do my best to not graze. Have a stack of work to do (as usual) but would like to get out into the vegie patch too, if we don't get some stuff in soon we're going to miss our chance. They're already forecasting overnight temps of around 6C by the weekend...brrrrrr

Oh, and I may have scored myself an outdoor pull-up frame, our local Youth Club has two to give away...one of my workmates snaffled one and he's going to see if he can get the other one for me, awesome!

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellement View Post
    Day 7

Can't believe I'm almost one week into the Whole30! Was so tempted to step on the scales this morning but resisted. My jeans do feel slightly looser so reckon I'm on the right track.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Awesome!
    Cheers Lucy

Day 8

Ahh, public holidays...how I love them!

Got up early this morning and went for a 5 km walk, was really quite nippy out there...think it got down to ~7C overnight.

Decided to do some sprints on the way home...and promptly pulled a muscle in my groin, owwwww!! Absolutely no idea how I managed to do that but I can tell you it bloody well hurt ...so that put paid to any running/sprinting so walked home and did a bit of upper body work. Loving the new weights bench I bought a few weeks ago, just so handy having one here at home.

Breakfast Wasn't starving hungry after exercising but did have a small banana and cashew spread at about 9:30am

Lunch Was ravenous by 11:30pm so had bacon fried in coconut oil, plus two tomato halves and two eggs fried in olive oil, followed up with a small bowl of strawberries and coconut cream

My OH and I went next door to our local nursery at around 2pm and bought a stack of seedlings to put in our vegie patch. Had every intention of planting them when we got back but both of us collapsed on the couches when we got home and fell asleep. I woke up about an hour ago but he's still peacefully snoring away in front of the TV lol

Snack Was a bit peckish after getting back from the nursery and had a couple of chicken drumsticks which I'd cooked in the morning, they were drowned in a marinade of olive oil, garlic, mustard and apple cider vinegar and then roasted, and they were so SO good! Also had a handful of prunes.

Dinner Have two giant pork chops sitting in the fridge, am thinking they'll go well with a nice big salad, have a hankering for some greens.

Ugh, have work to do so better do it...too easy to procrastinate here!

Yeah sprints can be tricky if you're not used to them - did you warm up first? Sounds painful

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Yeah sprints can be tricky if you're not used to them - did you warm up first? Sounds painful
    It was, very painful ...am sure I made quite a sight, doubled over and grabbing at my crotch while going "ow ow ow" ...am glad I live so rural! And I'd completed about a 3km walk before I attempted my first sprint so yep think I was warmed up ok. I managed one 10 sec sprint alright, it was the second one when I pulled the muscle. No idea what I did wrong but I'm pretty keen to not do it again! Maybe next time I'll try just a bit of gentle jogging before breaking into the sprint, though think I'll leave it a few days before I make another attempt.

Are you normally a runner? If not that may have been the problem, you may need to start slow, or do a few 10min slow jogs for a few weeks before starting the sprints, to get your body used to the running action. Something like that happened to me when I was out running years ago - pulled a crotch muscle and had to hobble home (and I don't live rurally!). Then later at uni I was struggling to climb the stairs in the lecture theatre!

Hmmm, I wouldn't say I've ever been a "runner" as such. In the past I've been able to comfortably jog for a few kms but at a pretty slow pace. I'm definitely unfit at the moment and I think you're right, think I'm trying to do too much too soon. Might just concentrate on improving my general fitness before I start doing sprints. Thanks for the advice

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry to read about the injury, perhaps some sprints on a bike might me an alternative... or some 25 or 50m freestyle sprints in the pool if it warm enough

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast