Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Aussie girl goes Primal page 2

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I still haven't got to the point yet of IF and to be honest I do like eating so not sure I really want to, however I don't eat if I'm not hungry but I suppose when I eat I don't stuff myself so I'm always ready for my next meal and I also need to get out of the snacking mindset!

Ellement is offline Member
    Oh I like eating too, don't get me wrong lol

I'm just surprised at how little appetite I seem to have in the morning. For instance, had a really good feed last night, then went out for breakfast with some friends this morning and could barely stomach it. Ate to be polite (and because I didn't want anyone to start asking why I wasn't eating) but really had to force myself. I'm guessing IF-ing isn't for everyone...might not even be for me...but figure I'll give it a shot while I'm doing the Whole30 and see how I go.

The snacking is a problem though. Hard to break the mind set of breakast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner. Can't see that I really need to be eating five times a day but hard to break the habit. At least when I'm IF-ing I'm missing that morning snack.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I'm here too... threw a tanty and gave that other site the flick.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Hi Lisa

You were actually instrumental in me finding my way here to MDA, so thank you! As for that other site, I keep visiting the forums and biting my tongue, am sure it's bad for my blood pressure lol

Really glad to see that Primal living is still working so well for you, and great to see so many Aussies here.
    Last edited by Ellement; 04-21-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Ok, so an update on day 4 now that the day is nearly done

Breakfast Ate out with friends, wasn't really hungry but managed to get most of the way through two poached eggs, a piece of smoked salmon, and three rashers of bacon. Also had a cafe latte...which was a bit naughty as I'm supposed to be avoiding dairy on the Whole30

Lunch BAS with lettuce, rocket, avocado, tomato, capsicum and a piece of sliced cold scotch fillet, with an olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard dressing.

Dinner Not really hungry so just had a banana and a smear of cashew butter...oh and two local central Australian dates, they are so delicious!

Have been invited to go birdwatching with the local Field Naturalists club at 7am tomorrow morning, could be fun. For now though time to step away from the computer screen and wind down for the evening
    Last edited by Ellement; 04-21-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Hmmm, so day 5...

Possibly not the greatest food-wise...not that I didn't stick to the Whole30, I did...but since breakfast I've been grazing all day, didn't even have a proper lunch. Quite annoyed with myself. On the upside it has been raining all day which is just wonderful, nothing like rain in the desert

So anyway confession time...

Breakfast Made kickass chili with turkey mince, was sooo good...had it with a fried egg. Should have filled me up for hours...

...which doesn't explain the pistachios, macadamias, passionfruit, banana and roast chicken I've been scoffing on and off since about 11am. I must NOT buy macadamias again, I have absolutely no willpower. After cherries they are my absolute favourite food!

Which brings me to...

Dinner Have a nice hunk of silverside which I'm planning on roasting with a few vegies, probably potato (for him), pumpkin, carrots and sugarsnap peas. Have no appetite at the moment but won't eat for another 3 hours or so.

No exercise today either, too wet outside and can't face the treadmill.

Bet I'll be back to edit this post when I remember more stuff I've eaten today

Day 6

Another cool, damp day...am loving it!

So, dinner last night was delicious, cooked what I'd planned bar the sugarsnap peas (remembered them too late)...oh and added a few whole unpeeled garlic cloves. My god they were good roasted, love squeezing out all that soft garlicky goodness over my vegies. Yum!

Breakfast Skipped breakfast, partly because I wasn't hungry and mostly because one of my co-workers and I were hosting a morning tea at 10:30 and I knew I'd have to eat something then. I had organised it so she was providing the sweet stuff and me the savoury, easier that way to make sure there was good Whole-30 compliant food for myself. So I bought cherry tomatoes, green olives, proscuitto and a variety of cheese and crackers. Easy for me to just snack on the tomatoes, olives and cold meat...doubt anyone even noticed that I didn't get stuck into the cake, biscuits etc. My co-worker had made these gorgeous butterfly cupcakes which looked so delicious, initially felt a wee stab of childish "so not fair" pique that I couldn't eat one but really it wasn't such a big issue.

Lunch Leftover roast beef, pumpkin, roast garlic, sugarsnap peas and asparagus

Dinner Who knows, forgot to take some meat out of the freezer this morning. Might end just being an omelette or something simple like that.

ETA: Ended up being inspired enough to throw together a big batch of ratatouille which we had with cold roast beef and some steamed bok choy. Finished off with some strawberries and coconut cream. Annoyed that I had a handful of macadamias and a banana in between getting home from work and dinner-time. Must stop snacking!
    Last edited by Ellement; 04-23-2012 at 04:30 AM.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I can't have macadamias, or any nuts, in the house. I am good with the first half of the packets, just having a tablespoons worth a day, then I break out and eat the other half of the packet in one go. Sounds like you're going well otherwise - what does the whole30 involve again?

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    I can't have macadamias, or any nuts, in the house. I am good with the first half of the packets, just having a tablespoons worth a day, then I break out and eat the other half of the packet in one go. Sounds like you're going well otherwise - what does the whole30 involve again?
    lol sounds just like me!

Yeah have finally decided to ditch the nuts too. Convinced myself when I was food shopping yesterday that yes I can buy macadamias and yes I can exercise some self-control and not eat them in one go...and now a day later I've eaten them all ...so that's it, no more nuts for this Primal girl!

Lucy if you're interested in the Whole30 Program check out the link below. The guidelines are fairly straightforward; no grains, sugar, dairy, alcohol...and plenty of vegies, fruit, meat, good oils. There is a downloadable ebook which goes with the Program (think it's around $40?) but I haven't bought it, seems to be enough info on the website to do without it.

The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast