Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 yr old needs help getting exercise with injured back and shoulder page 2

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I had a herniated disc that they said needed operated on in high school. Saw a chiropractor, avoided surgery....got back to wrestling and lifting with the help of his advice and recommendations. So yes, I say see a chiropractor. Healed fractures can still be checked out by them as it can effect the overall bio-mechanics of your spine.

On another note you may check out this guys stuff. Its about making exercise easier on the joints and support structures to avoid injuries in strength training.....Bill DeSimone | Congruent Exercise | Full Length HD - YouTube
    Any tips on how to tell a good chiropractor from a bad one? I herniated a disc a few weeks ago and still have some leg numbness. I'm doing traditional PT at the moment, but it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot, so I'm willing to give chiropractic a shot.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Any tips on how to tell a good chiropractor from a bad one? I herniated a disc a few weeks ago and still have some leg numbness. I'm doing traditional PT at the moment, but it doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot, so I'm willing to give chiropractic a shot.
    Well, I would approach it the same way you would approach any health care provider. Ask around for who people recommend. Look em up online. Check out their web site if they have one to get a feel for em. You can even check up with the state board to make sure they have no actions against them. I have been to several throughout my life. Some were better than others, but none of em were "bad". Its just seems the bad in any profession tend to get all the attention . Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12