Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I eat once or twice a day, I am not getting enough food. page

Warmbear is offline Senior Member

If I eat once or twice a day, I am not getting enough food.

Primal Fuel
    Heya

so, I tend to go with a cup of coffee in the morning and either a big breaky and supper or skip breakfast and eat a big lunch and dont eat dinner.

I am loosing weight fast but I am not getting near enough protein or veggies. I do take a multivitamin.

when is this going to be an issue?

Eat when hungry and eat as much as you want are great but if I dont eat enough wont I get sick eventually?

Breakfast is usually a 4 egg and veggie heavy frittata fried in butter.

Lunch is a big ass mixed salad with half a lb of some meat.

Supper is usually something grilled on the bbq and the wife makes a veggie something.

I have not eaten 3 times in a day in 3 weeks.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Nope, you'll be fine. I rarely eat 3 meals in a day anymore.

avelin is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you don't trust your ability to eat enough. Do you feel hungry? Do you have the energy you need? If you aren't hungry and you have the energy you need then you are fine. As you get thinner you will lose less weight and eventually you will stabilise or adjust what you eat.

This is not a 'diet' diet, this is how you can eat forever. You are are probably eating more nutritiously than you were before.
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I get cravings for something sticky and gooey but not often hungry, I have plenty of energy.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating twice a day now for over a year. It's a rare occasion if i have a 3rd meal. Free your Mind, and your Grok will follow...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I get cravings for something sticky and gooey but not often hungry, I have plenty of energy.
    You are doing just fine! Don't sweat the details... don't make what should be easy hard.

I almost never eat 3 times a day... it would take real effort. Once or twice is normal for me and I feel fine and satisfied with that. It's one of the reasons I love Primal SO much. NO food stress ever!

How about keeping some boiled eggs around to pop in case you do get a little hungry, a nice bit of extra protein and fat in you feel like you "need" to try.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Your metabolism will speed up more if you increase the number of meals that you eat in a day. Make sure your still getting enough macro nutrients in your daily/weekly meal program depending on your nutritional cycling. If you are getting cravings for sweets go buy yourself some omega 3 fish oil and pop a couple pills each time a craving comes around. That will help to change your body from using sugars for energy to fats. It'll also increase your insulin sensitivity.

And lift more weights! Cheers.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Your metabolism will speed up more if you increase the number of meals that you eat in a day. Make sure your still getting enough macro nutrients in your daily/weekly meal program depending on your nutritional cycling. If you are getting cravings for sweets go buy yourself some omega 3 fish oil and pop a couple pills each time a craving comes around. That will help to change your body from using sugars for energy to fats. It'll also increase your insulin sensitivity.

And lift more weights! Cheers.
    Say what now?
    You know that metabolism thing is CW bullshit right?

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Eat when hungry and eat as much as you want are great but if I dont eat enough wont I get sick eventually?
    No, but you will crave either more food or specific foods. Remember, once upon a time, man needed to trust his body on how much/what to eat. There were no 'experts', calorie counters, Fitday, or any other way of determining nutritional or caloric needs. Just pay attention ~ your body will let you know what it wants.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your exactly like me and i was worried too but as long as i dont see muscle falling off me and i keep losing fat all good i hardly get hungry and i dont eat alot but after heavy weights session like todays deadlifts i makesure i follow it up with meat and carbs(good ones ).Primal rocks!!

I think when you eat alot of sugar your always hungry and then when you go primal after a little bit you realise your not eating all the time your not always hungry and you dont have sugar highs and until you get your head around it you get worried but just roll with it.
    Last edited by gotsometoloose; 04-20-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast