Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Choice Flavored water? page 2

muk
    muk is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

That solves my question. This will be the last water I buy. Thank you for the info!

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

I've had those drinks. Really, it's best to go natural. You know the old saying, "If ya hafta ask..."

To help get off of my soda (and aspartame) crutch, I've been mixing a tablespoon of CM in a tall glass of water. Gives the water a sweetness, makes it go down real easy, and I get extra fat. With ice it is extra-super refreshing.

I do keep an eye on total calories, which is why I use only a tablespoon in a big glass - it is only about 20 calories. I'm just not going to drink enough of these in a day to add much to my caloric intake.

Aspartame makes me crave carbs (I figured this out even when eating SAD). That I still regress and am lured by diet sodas just reveals its highly addictive nature. At least for me.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I'm a believer that even without the sugar or aspartame or other crap, carbonated water by itself is horrible for you and messes up your mineral balance.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

dragonmamma- You're a believer, but do you have any good sources that can make a believer out of the rest of us?

I like water flavored water. But I also drink fizzy water/club soda on occasion. Especially like it with lemon, and bitters. No thanks to the stevia.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Brain damage, mineral imbalances...chill out!

There may be some science to support these claims but will those conditions develop in the 2-3 weeks, or however long it takes for his tastes to change?

Doubtful.

If by drinking those he's more apt to stick with the plan, see results, and eventually begin craving more healthy, natural beverages, then I say drink up!

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

"dragonmamma- You're a believer, but do you have any good sources that can make a believer out of the rest of us?"

No, I don't! That's why I phrased it that way. I've heard lots of anecdotal evidence plus my own. When I first gave up soda pop, I figured that plain old carbonated water with some lemon squirted in it would be a healthy substitute. But I still felt like crap whenever I drank it.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Aspartame = bad news

Personally Id stay away from it. Tastes just like sweet chemicals to me. I take the philosophy "if man made it, don't eat it".

Its a personal choice though, if you dont mind aspartame, and the possible health effects from consumption of it, go for it.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

When kicking the soda/sweet drink addiction, the best thing to do is go cold turkey.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

@ Diana Renata

I made my own soda (we call it 'pop&#39 tonight using sparkling water, lemon/lime juice, and stevia and it tastes exactly like diet Sprite. I was hoping it'd taste a little less "diety" but it's definitely a good alternative to the store bought stuff as I know everything that went into it.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

emmcubed Guest

I'm with Primalchild. I did so years before PB, and, along with PB, it was one of the most important health choices I ever made.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast